Recently updated on August 18th, 2022 at 04:29 am
Recently one of my friends contacted me about Youtube tv. The Youtube tv app was not working and crashing on his Xfinity flex tv box. Other apps were working fine on the flex tv except for the Youtube tv. When we tried to open the Youtube tv app it was freezing and crashing. We tried to open it again but it crashed and took us to the home screen of flex.
Why is Youtube TV Not Working on Flex
To fix this issue we did some research and found some reasons mentioned below causing Youtube tv to not work properly on Xfinity flex.
- The Youtube tv app is outdated.
- Youtube tv outage.
- Temporary bug.
- The flex firmware is outdated.
- The internet is not working
These are some reasons we found during our research. Now that we know the cause we can proceed with the troubleshooting below.
How to fix Youtube tv not working on flex
Check if Youtube tv is down
The Youtube tv app can stop working or start crashing if the Youtube tv is down. During the downtime, you won’t be able to use the Youtube tv app on your Xfinity flex device. To check the status of Youtube tv app servers visit downdetector, here you can check if the Youtube tv is down. If there is a Youtube tv outage, then you need to wait. Once the issue is fixed by the Youtube tv team you can start using and streaming Youtube tv on your Xfinity flex device.
Restart Your Xfinity Flex
We found that restarting the Xfinity flex tv box can help when an app is not working. So you can try restarting your Xfinity flex to fix the Youtube tv issue. To restart your flex tv box follow the steps below.
- Use the flex remote and select the settings icon.
- Now select the help option.
- Select the restart option.
- Now select restart.
Now your Xfinity flex will restart, when the device is restarted check if the Youtube tv app is working. If the issue persists then follow the steps below.
- Turn off your Xfinity flex.
- Now unplug your tv and the flex device power cord.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Plugin the devices.
Now launch the Youtube tv app on your Xfinity flex and you’ll be good to go. If the issue persists, try the same method above to fix Youtube tv not working on flex.
Have you tried system refresh?
The system refresh option on the Xfinity flex can help in fixing the common issue of the tv box. It can also resolve the issue with your account. To perform a system refresh you can follow the steps below.
- Open the Xfinity flex settings.
- Now go to the help section.
- Here select system refresh.
- It can take a couple of minutes for the process.
Once the system refresh is completed launch the Youtube tv on flex and checks if is working or not.
Clear the cache of your Xfinity tv box (Flex)
Many users don’t know but they can clear the cache of Xfinity x1 and flex manually. This can help you in fixing Youtube tv issues. To clear the cache of the x1 or flex devices follow the steps below.
- On your remote press the x1 button or the home button depending on your device (x1 or flex).
- Now use the navigational button to select and open the settings option.
- How select and open the privacy option.
- Now select the locally stored data option.
- Click on the ok option for confirmation.
Now open the Youtube tv app and sign into your account. Now check if the Youtube tv is working or not.
Is your Xfinity tv box compatible with the Youtube tv?
Youtube tv is not compatible with every Xfinity tv box. The Youtube tv app is only compatible with Xfinity Xi6 and XiOne tv box with flex service. The Youtube tv app is not available on the Xi5 tv box. If you’re using any other Xfinity tv box then you won’t be able to access the Youtube tv app. You need to replace your incompatible tv box with a compatible one to stream the Youtube tv app.
How to Use Youtube Tv on Xfinity Flex
If you don’t know how to access Youtube tv on Xfinity flex, we can help you. To use the Youtube tv app on Xfinity flex follow the steps below.
- Go to the sections of the app.
- Now select and open Youtube tv under the video section.
Now to activate Youtube tv or subscribe to Youtube tv on Xfinity flex follow the steps below.
- To activate Youtube tv visit tv.Youtube.com/start Xfinity flex.
- Now enter the code which is displayed on your tv screen.
- Now click on next.
After successful activation, you’ll be able to use the Youtube tv on your Xfinity flex.
Reset Xfinity tv box
If the Youtube tv is not working on the Xfinity tv box or flex, Then you can reset your Xfinity tv box. Doing this can help you in fixing the Youtube tv issue on your Xfinity flex or tv box.
- On your Xfinity remote press the home and menu buttons.
- Press the up and down button on your Xfinity remote.
- Now select restore the default.
- Select ok for confirmation.
- On your Xfinity remote press the a and d buttons.
- When the light is flashing green, press the 9,8,1 button.
- Now press the power button for 3 seconds.
- Now press ok, right, down, and power button.
Your Xfinity flex or tv box will now reset, now check if he Youtube tv app is working properly.
Contact Xfinity team
If your Youtube tv is still not working on Xfinity flex, then contact the Xfinity team. They can help you in fixing issues related to Youtube tv on your Xfinity tv box.
More helpful guides: