Encountering an error while trying to stream YouTube Tv on your Roku device?. It might be a network issue or some temporary bugs causing the error. So, In today’s post, we will explain how you can fix the problem of the YouTube Tv not working on Roku.
What is Going on With Roku and YouTube TV?
Also, if you aren’t aware that last year these two streaming giants had a conflict over distribution terms for the service, and that’s why Roku removed the YouTube Television app from the Roku Store. Although the dispute between youtube and Roku got resolved now, we will guide how you can access YouTube Tv on your Roku device if it is still there.
Why is My YouTube TV Not Working?
We’ve gathered some possible reasons why your youtube tv isn’t working, verify all the reasons that are listed below;
- Server outage: This can be why your youtube tv isn’t working. Below, we’ve mentioned the way to check the server status. So, follow the instructions to check if there’s an outage or not.
- Poor Network Connectivity: If our internet is slow or faulty, how can we stream any app. If this is the case, verify your Wi-Fi, router and modem.
- Outdated App: If your YouTube Tv application is not up to date, it can result in this error. So, go to your Roku store and check if there’s a new update available for YouTube Tv.
- Outdated Firmware: If your Roku firmware is not up to date, it can also cause this error. If you keep your device up to date, hardly you might encounter an issue/error.
How to Fix YouTube TV When it is Not Working on Roku
Is YouTube currently down?
In case your YouTube TV isn’t working on Roku, you need to check the status of YouTube servers or try to play youtube on other devices like smartphones, laptops and tablets. If youtube isn’t working there too, visit downdetector or isitdownrightnow to check if this is a global outage or if you’re the only one who’s facing it. If there’s a global outage, you need to wait until YouTube servers come back online.
Also, keep checking the social media pages of YouTube or Google and see if they’ve posted anything related to this.
If the server of YouTube TV isn’t down, then move on to the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
Also check: Youtube tv not working on samsung smart tv fix
Check Your Wi-Fi Router/Modem.
If your Wi-Fi router isn’t working correctly, it can stop your YouTube Tv from working. In this case, check whether your other devices were connected to the internet or not. And, if your devices were also having trouble connecting to the internet then, follow the steps as instructed below;
- Firstly, turn off the router/modem and unplug the adapter from the power outlet.
- After that, wait for 1-2 minutes and plug the adapter back in the power outlet.
- Lastly, connect your Roku to Wi-Fi and open YouTube Tv.
How Do I Reboot my Roku TV?
Well, there are three methods to reboot your Roku Tv. Rebooting the device helps in fixing temporary glitches and bugs. And, in the case of YouTube TV is not working, many users claimed that they managed to fix this issue by rebooting their Roku TVs and roku stick. Follow the steps as guided below;
- First of all, navigate to the Roku TV settings.
- Now, locate System Restart and then select Restart.
- Grab your Roku TV remote and press the Home Button 5 times > Up arrow button 1 time > Rewind button 1 time > Fast forward button 1 time.
- Now, your Roku Tv will reboot.
Check to see if this works. If not then, try Hard rebooting the Roku Tv.
- Turn off the Tv and unplug the Roku from your Tv.
- Then, unplug the TV’s power cable from the wall outlet.
- Now, wait for at least 10-15 minutes.
- After that, plug the power cable and Roku cable back into their places and check if this one fixes the issue.
Related: Fix hulu not working on roku
Reset Network Connection
If your YouTube Tv is still not working, there might be chances that your Roku TV has some connection issue or its network data gets corrupted. Performing the network connection reset will clear all the network settings, restore them to their default settings, and fix the network connection issues. So, try as instructed below;
- Head to the Roku settings and,
- Locate Advanced system settings.
- Now, select Network connection reset. It will take a few seconds to complete.
- Lastly, reconnect your Roku with your Wi-Fi and check whether this fixes the issue or not.
Update Your Roku Firmware
As we discussed, if your Roku device is outdated, you might face issues while streaming content on youtube tv. So, navigate to the settings and check if there’s any available update for your Roku. If you’re wondering How to update Roku Tv? Update your Roku Tv by following the steps given below;
- Press the Home button.
- Then, head to the Roku Tv settings and,
- Go to the System and then select System Update
- After that, choose “Check Now” to see if there’s any available update.
- Select Update if any update is available for your Roku.
- Once the update gets completed, perform a reboot and check to see if this fixes or not.
Reinstall YouTube TV on Your Roku
Maybe your YouTube TV app gets corrupted, and that’s why it’s not working. So, try reinstalling the YouTube Tv channel on your Roku Tv to fix the issue.
- Navigate to the Roku Home Screen and highlight the YouTube Tv app.
- Now, press the *(asterisk button) on your Roku remote.
- Select the Remove channel option to remove the YouTube Tv app.
- Now, select Remove to confirm. After this, the YouTube TV app will now be removed from Roku Tv.
- Lastly, reboot your Roku Tv.
- Press the Home button and go to Streaming channels.
- Navigate to the Search Channel Option and search for YouTube Tv.
- Now, select “Add channel”, and after this YouTube TV channel will be added to your Roku
- Lastly, open the YouTube Tv app and check whether this fixes the issue or not.
Also check: What to do when peacock tv not working on roku
Factory Reset your Roku
If nothing is working for you, then it’s time to factory reset your Roku device. Performing a factory reset will remove all stored personal data relating to your settings, network connections, Roku data, and menu preferences. If you’ve no issues regarding all of these, move ahead, and factory reset your Roku.
The steps that are mentioned below will guide how you can factory reset your Roku;
- Hold your Roku remote and press the Home button.
- Then, head towards the settings.
- Now, locate the System and then go to the Advanced system settings.
- After that, select the Factory Reset option. It will take some time to complete.
- Once your Roku reset to factory settings, Add a YouTube Tv channel and check if this one fixes the issue or not.
If you’re still experiencing the issue and nothing works for you, Well, here’s a trick that will work for you. All you need to do is install the YouTube Tv app on your Smartphone and enable wireless display or cast screen.
Now you can access YouTube TV even after it’s removed from the Roku Store. If you’re still unable to stream youtube tv on your roku device, then contact roku team for help. Also check how you can fix youtube tv not working on firestick.