Wondering why Youtube tv is constantly buffering and what you can do to stop it from buffering? Then you’re at the right place. In this post we’re going to explain the reasons why the Youtube tv app is buffering and how to fix it.
Why is Youtube TV Buffering?
Recently while watching Youtube tv, it started buffering on some channels. To fix this problem we googled and contacted the Youtube tv team. We were able to find the reasons why Youtube tv is buffering and we’ve mentioned them below.
- Youtube tv outage.
- Temporary glitch.
- Slow internet speed.
- Your internet is not working.
- Too much load on your network.
- Outdated Youtube tv app.
After knowing the reasons why Youtube tv is buffering, then you can proceeding with how to troubleshoot Youtube tv buffering problem.
How to Fix Youtube TV Keeps Buffering
Restart Your Device
In case the Youtube tv is constantly buffering on your smart tv, then restarting it by turning off the tv completely can help you. To properly power cycle your smart tv and device you can follow the steps below.
- Close the Youtube tv using the remote.
- Now turn off your tv.
- Unplug the smart tv from the power socket and press and hold the physical power button on your tv for 15-20 seconds.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now plugin your smart tv and turn it on.
Launch the Youtube tv app and check if the buffering issue is fixed or not.
Check For Youtube TV Outage
Youtube tv app can start buffering due to outage or server issue in your region. If the Youtube tv servers are not working or if there is an outage in your area, then Youtube tv can start buffering on your smart tv. To check the status of Youtube tv in your region you can visit downdetector. Check the live status of Youtube tv servers, if you see that Youtube tv is down. Then you need to wait for some time, once after the issue is resolved you’ll be able to using the Youtube tv app on your smart tv.
Check Your Internet Connection
If your internet is not working or if the connection speed is slow, then Youtube tv can start freezing, buffering on your device.
- Youtube tv require atleast 3mbps+ for streaming sd content and 25mbps+ for 4k content. If your internet speed is slower than 3mbps then Youtube tv can start buffering on your tv or device.
- If your internet is slow then you cannot stream Youtube tv properly. To check your connection speed visit speedtest.net. Now check your internet speed, if your internet is slow the you can try some troubleshooting tips below.
- Move your router closer to the tv and place it higher for better connectivity.
- If possible connect your streaming device to wifi with the help of ethernet cable.
- Use your mobile internet as hotspot and check if the buffering issue is fixed. If yes then contact your isp for help.
- Turn off your router and unplug it from the wall. Wait for 10 minutes and turn on the wifi again. Now check if the slow internet problem is resolved.
- If your internet is still not working or slow then contact your internet service provider for help.
Lower The Resolution
If your trying to play the Youtube tv at a higher resolution and your internet speed is slow. Then Youtube tv can start buffering on your smart tv or device. But you can easily fix this problem by lowering the resolution of the stream. Select the stream quality as 720p or 480p. Now the Youtube tv buffering issue will be resolved.
Reduce the Load From WiFi
When too many devices are connected to wifi, then due to this load you internet can get slow. Youtube tv can also start buffering when too many device are connected to wifi. To fix this problem you can disaconnect the device from the wifi. Now try streaming the Youtube and check if the buffering issue is fixed or not.
You can close the app completely on your smart tv or mobile phone. Now open the Youtube tv app and check if the buffering issue is fixed.
Clear Youtube TV App Cache
If you’ve not cleared Youtube tv cache for a long time, then you can face the Youtube tv buffering issue. It happens due to overload of cache or corrupted cache, due to cache your app can start working slowly. To fix this issue you need to clear the cache of Youtube tv app.
- Go to device settings.
- Locate the apps option.
- Now select the Youtube tv app.
- Clear the cache and data of Youtube tv app.
After clearing the cache of Youtube tv app now check if the Youtube tv buffering problem is resolved.
Reinstall The Youtube TV App
During our research we found that some users were able to fix Youtube tv buffering problem by reinstalling the Youtube tv app on their device. To reinstall the Youtube tv app follow the steps below.
- Locate the Youtube tv app on your device.
- Uninstall the app from the device.
- Reboot/restart your device.
- Now go to application store.
- Install the Youtube tv app on your device.
After reinstalling the Youtube tv app, check if the Youtube tv buffering issue is resovled.
Fix Youtube TV Keeps Buffering on Browser
If you are trying to stream Youtube tv on your browser and it is constantly buffering. Then you can fix this problem by clearing the cache and data of browser on your device.
- To clear cache of chrome browser click on the three dots from top right corner.
- Scroll down to more tools and click on clear browsing data.
- In the time section select all time and click on clear data.
After clearing the cache and cookies of Youtube tv. Launch the Youtube tv app n your browser and now you’ll be able to stream Youtube tv on your browser.
Change the Browser
If the Youtube tv is still not working after clearing the cache, then trying using the Youtube tv on other browser. Visit the Youtube tv on other browser and check if the Youtube tv buffering issue is fixed. If not then try using the Youtube tv in the incognito page. Now check if the Youtube is fixed.
Low Memory Issue
Smart tv and some devices come with low memory and ram. Due to which you cannot install too many apps on your device without facing any issue. If you’ve installed too many app on your device, then Youtube tv can start freezing or buffering due to low memory. To fix this problem uninstall the unnecessary apps from your smart tv or device. Now restart the device and launch Youtube tv. Now Youtube tv keeps buffering issue will be resolved.
Contact Youtube tv
If your Youtube tv is still constantly buffering, then contact the Youtube tv team. They can help you in fixing the Youtube tv keeps buffering problem on your device.
More helpful guide: