Got stuck on the Xfinity welcome screen? we know that it’s frustrating for those guys who love to stream their favorite shows in their leisure time. And, that’s why we’re here. In today’s post, we’re going to explain and instruct all the causes for this loading issue. Also how you can fix xfinity stuck on loading screen.
Why is My Xfinity Not Loading?
We’ve gathered some possible reasons why your Xfinity is frozen on the welcome screen.
- Faulty wires and cables: If there’s some fault with the wires and cables of the Xfinity box then, this can be the reason for the frozen screen. So, verify all the wires and cables and put the cables and wires back in their desired ports.
- Temporary glitch or bug: Sometimes a temporary bug or glitch can cause this type of issue and it can be resolved by rebooting your device.
- Bad Network Connectivity: This can be another possible reason for Xfinity being Stuck on the loading screen. Performing a reboot on the router and modem can fix this issue. Also, below we’ve instructed some steps for how you can perform a reboot.
How Do I Unfreeze My Xfinity Screen?
Many of you guys tried some troubleshooting steps to unfreeze the Xfinity screen, but still, Xfinity is stuck on the loading screen. Well, we’ve listed some best working solutions that’ll help you in resolving the issue. Follow the method as instructed and try to follow the methods step by step.
Verify your device cords
As we’ve discussed above, if the cables and wires of the devices are faulty or in bad condition then this can be the cause of this issue. To check this, verify all the wires and cables that are attached with your Xfinity and the tv. Ensure that the wires are good in condition and tightly connected to their desired ports. If you’ve found any loose or severed wire then reconnect the loose one tightly and replace the severed wire with the new one.
Lastly, check if this fixes the problem.
Also Check: Alexa stuck on updating device
Restart the Xfinity Cable Box
If you’ve verified all the wires and cables and still the screen is stuck on the loading screen then this method might resolve your problem. Also, users of Xfinity claimed that they managed to resolve this issue by restarting their Xfinity cable box as guided below;
But before Restarting the Xfinity cable box, we need to ensure
- What happens if I Restart My TV Box?
If you restart your Xfinity box then there will be
- No impact on your guide information,
- No impact on your guide and menu settings (Your preferences, locks PIN, and purchase PIN remain the same).
- No impact on recorded programs.
- Also, no change in Scheduled recording.
Now, restart your Xfinity box and try to resolve the problem.
Restart from My Account Online
- Open a web browser and log into My Account.
- Now, scroll down and select Manage TV or you can access this option by navigating to the Services tab. OR navigate to the Devices tab and from here you can reboot your device.
- After that, click on the Troubleshoot button.
- Now, review the solutions to make sure that these issues aren’t affecting your service. Click on Continue.
- Now you’ll get two options on the screen:
- System Refresh: This one fixes some common issues including missing channels and issues with the DVR and On Demand.
- Restart Device: This step takes 5 minutes to complete and fix the audio issues with slow performance. If you select this option, then you can select the box you’d like to restart. Select Restart Device.
- Lastly, select an option and click on Start Troubleshooting.
Note: Do not turn off or unplug your Xfinity box and Tv while performing the System refresh and Restart Device.
Also Check: Netflix stuck on loading screen tv fix
Restart Using Xfinity My Account Application
- Open the Xfinity My Account app on your smartphone (available on both iOS and Android).
- After that, scroll down and tap on the TV.
- Then, tap on the Troubleshoot option.
- Now you’ll get two options, System Refresh and Restart Device.
- Choose one and tap on Start Troubleshooting. Do not turn off or unplug any of your Xfinity Tv boxes while performing the System Refresh and Restart Device.
Restart From the Help Menu
- Grab your Xfinity remote and press the A button and now you’re on Home Menu.
- Now, press OK to select the Restart and press OK for once again.
- Now it will take a few moments to restart the Tv Box.
Restart Using the Power Button
- First of all, ensure that all the cables are tightly connected.
- Then, press and hold the Power button of your Xfinity TV box for at least 10 seconds.
- Now, your Xfinity Tv box will restart automatically
Restart Using the Power Cord
Some Xfinity Tv Boxes don’t have a Power button. So, in that case, restart the tv box using the power cord.
- Unplug the power cord of TV Box for 10 seconds and,
- Plug the Tv box power cord back into the socket.
Restart From Device Settings
- Grab your Xfinity remote and press the Xfinity button
- Now, highlight the Settings by using the left or right arrow buttons.
- Press OK.
- After that, press the down arrow button to highlight the Device Settings.
- Press OK.
- Press the down arrow button to highlight the Power Preferences.
- Then, press OK.
- Press the down arrow button to highlight the Restart and press OK.
- Press the right arrow button to highlight the Restart and press OK.
- Now, you’ll see the Welcome screen on the display and the device will resume the Previous channel.
Restart the Modem or Gateway
Tried various methods of restarting the tv box and still stuck on the loading screen. Then, try to restart your modem/gateway and try connecting using the WPS buttons.
- Unplug the modem power cord from the socket and remove the ethernet cables from the modem also. Remove the batteries also (if your model has).
- Now, wait until the modem turns off.
- Plug the modem power cord back into the socket and put the ethernet cables back to their places.
- Wait until the modem lights stop blinking.
Now, if you own a flex or wireless Tv box then,
Connect using the WPS buttons
- After restarting the modem or gateway, go to your flex or wireless TV box and press the WPS button (The time limit to connect the device is 2minutes only).
Contact Xfinity Team
Seems like nothing works for you, well, it’s time to contact Xfinity team. Brief them about your issue and Ask for technical support or let them handle this because only they can help you out. Also check what to do when vizio tv says smartcast is starting up please wait.