Xfinity Stream App is the most popular streaming app for phones and smart TVs. If you have the Xfinity Stream app on your Android, iOS, or Xbox devices, you can watch it on your TV with a simple remote control. However, some people are having problems with their Xfinity stream app not working. In this post, we’ll discuss how you can get your Xfinity Stream app back to work.
Why is Xfinity Stream not working on my smart TV?
Whenever we encounter an error or issue, we start thinking about why it’s happening to us. Am I the only one who’s undergoing this? Maybe you’re not alone; other Xfinity users are also facing the same problem.
How’s it possible that others are also facing the same error I am encountering now? Well, a server outage can stop the app from working.
If there’s no outage, your device might be facing some issues, or your internet connection is causing the problem.
How do I get my Xfinity Stream to work?
To do so, you’ve to follow the below-given troubleshooting methods.
Downloaded content got corrupted
Are you facing a problem while trying to stream the downloaded content? Sometimes downloaded content gets corrupted and starts causing issues. In this scenario, you have to delete that movie or show and download it again.
Ensure that your device is connected to the internet or in-home Xfinity network while downloading the movie or show.
Check your internet connection
Most of the time, apps stop working because of an unstable or poor internet connection. If your internet connection is also behaving the same, you need to call your ISP or troubleshoot your router and device.
Check if the internet is causing the issue or another reason behind it.
- Enable the mobile internet, turn on the Hotspot on your smartphone, and connect your TV (if you’re using the Xfinity stream on a smartphone, turn on the mobile internet).
If your internet is working fine and the issue persists, move on to the next.
Force-Quit Xfinity App
Try force-closing the app if the internet is working fine and you’re still encountering the issue. Doing this will end all the Xfinity stream’s background processes and help you in fixing the problem. To force close the app;
- Navigate to the Settings of your device.
- Now, locate the Apps section.
- After that, scroll to the Xfinity Stream and Force Quit the app.
How to Fix Xfinity Stream app not working on samsung tv
Is your Xfinity stream app not working on your samsung tv? Below are some troubleshooting methods that’ll help you in getting your Xfinity stream app back to work.
Restart your Samsung TV and Router
Try to fix the issue with power cycling your Samsung TV and router.
- Unplug your Samsung TV and router from the wall outlet.
- Now, wait for 2-3 minutes.
- After that, plug them back into the wall outlet.
- Lastly, launch the Xfinity Stream app and check if it starts working or not.
Clear Xfinity Stream app cache and data
Clearing the cache and data of the Xfinity Stream app may help you in getting your app back to work.
To clear the cache and data of the Xfinity stream;
- Head to the Settings of your Samsung TV.
- Now, navigate to the Apps and Services tab, then locate the Xfinity stream app in the list.
- After that, choose Clear data and cache.
- Lastly, launch Xfinity Stream on your Samsung TV.
Reinstall the Xfinity Stream app
If clearing the data and cache of the Xfinity Stream app didn’t help you, try reinstalling the Xfinity stream app. May doing this will resolve your issue;
To uninstall and reinstall the Xfinity stream;
- Navigate to the Installed app section and click on the Options tab.
- Now, choose the Uninstall, Remove or Delete option.
- Afterward, head to the Smart Hub store and search for the Xfinity Stream app.
- Once the app is installed, log in with your credentials and check if the issue persists.
Check for Samsung TV’s Software update.
Check if there’s any update available for your Samsung Tv. If there’s any, install it on your Tv. To do so, follow the below steps;
- Navigate to Settings > Support.
- Now, choose the Software Update option and click on the Update Now (If available).
- After installing the update, launch the Xfinity Stream and try to stream a movie or show.
Reset your Samsung TV
If the above steps fail to help you, try the below-given steps;
- Head towards the Settings of your Samsung TV.
- Now, navigate to the Support option and select the Self Diagnosis tab.
- After that, click on the Reset tab and enter your TV PIN to move ahead.
- Once your TV resets to factory settings, install the Xfinity stream app and start using it.
Xfinity stream app is not working on Roku
Are you encountering the problem while streaming the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku device? It might be a temporary glitch or bug stopping the Xfinity stream app from working.
To get your Xfinity stream app fixed, we’ve listed some of the best working solutions that’ll surely help you and resolve the issue you’re facing.
Check if your device is compatible
Your device must run on the minimum firmware version 8.1 b1 or higher. The Xfinity Stream Beta channel/app will only be available for compatible devices in the Roku channel store.
And once your Xfinity Internet and TV services are activated, you can install the Xfinity stream beta app on these Roku models:
- Roku TVs: A000X, C000X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X, G000X, E000X, D000X
- Roku Streaming Media Players:
Roku Ultra (4340X, 4640X, 4660X, 4670X, 4800X) and Roku Ultra LT (4662X)
Roku Express (3700X, 3900X, 3930X), Express+ (3710X, 3910X, 3931X), Express 4K (3940X) and Express 4K+ (3941X)
Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X) and Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X)
Roku 2 (4210X), Roku 3 (4200X, 4230X) and Roku 4 (4400X)
- Roku Streaming Sticks:
Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X), Streaming Stick+ (3810X), Streaming Stick 4K (3820X), and Streaming Stick 4K+ (3821X)
- Roku Soundbar: 9100X
Roku Streambar: 9102X
If there are no compatibility issues between the Xfinity app and your device and you’re still encountering the problem, move on to the next step.
Restart your Roku and router
- Unplug your Roku device and router from the wall outlet.
- Now, wait for 4-5 minutes.
- After that, plug them into the wall outlet and open the Xfinity Stream app.
Restart the Xfinity Stream app
May restarting the Xfinity Stream app resolve your issue. Doing this will refresh your Xfinity stream app. So, exit from the Xfinity stream application and wait 2-3 minutes. After that, relaunch the app and check whether the issue persists or not.
Log out and log in to the app
If restarting the app didn’t work for you, try logging out and re-login your Xfinity stream app. Below are the steps that’ll help you in navigating;
- Open the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku Tv.
- Now, navigate to Settings and click on the Account option.
- After that, select the Sign Out option.
- Lastly, wait 2-3 minutes, then sign in to your Xfinity stream account.
Reinstall the Xfinity Stream app on Roku
If logging out and logging in to the Xfinity Stream app doesn’t resolve the issue, you could try reinstalling the Xfinity stream app. If there’s any bug in the Xfinity Stream app, then it will be removed after deleting the app.
To Uninstall and reinstall the Xfinity stream;
- Highlight the Xfinity stream app > Remove the Channel.
- Now, select Remove to uninstall the Xfinity stream app.
- After that, navigate to the Streaming Channels and search for the Xfinity Stream app.
- Lastly, add the channel and install it on your Roku device. Then, open the Xfinity stream app and sign in to your account. Check if reinstalling the Xfinity fixed the issue.
Update your Roku
There were some instances where using the devices on the outdated software version led to various causes. So, check if there’s any update available for your Roku device. If there’s any, download it. To check for the latest updates;
- Head to the Settings of Roku.
- Now, scroll to the Software Update option and click on Check for updates. If any update is available for your device, download it immediately.
Xfinity stream app is not working on Firestick.
Experiencing the “Xfinity stream app is not working” on Firestick? Is your Firestick compatible with the Xfinity Stream app? To check this, move towards the below step.
Compatibility issue on Firestick
You can use the Xfinity Stream app only if your device is compatible. To verify this, check the Eligibility and Streaming Requirements.
Xfinity stream application is available on most Amazon Fire TVs (Fire TVs running on Android 4 or above). If your FireTV/Firestick is outdated, then update it first.
Force Close The Xfinity App on Firstick
If xfinity stream is not working on firestick, then force stopping the app can fix the problem. To force stop the xfinity app follow the steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Select the application icon.
- Now select the manage installed applications option.
- Locate and select xfinity stream app.
- Now force stop the app.
Now check if the xfinity stream is working or not. If the problem persist, then follow the steps below.
- Now follow the steps above (4th esteps).
- Now force stop the xfinity app.
- Then clear cache and data of the xfinity app.
Launch the xifinity app and check if the xfinity stream is working properly.
Contact Xfinity Support
If everything fails to resolve your issue, try contacting Xfinity customer support. Explain your “Xfinity Stream app not working” case to their customer support staff, and they’ll surely guide and help you in resolving the problem.
More helpful guide:
Paramount plus not working fix
Amazon prime video not working on lg tv
Xfinity x1 box keeps rebooting
Xfintiy stuck on welcome screen