Error code 0x8024a105 is faced by many users when they try to update their windows version. This error code happens due to incorrect installations of files, a virus, or a missing file or folder. You’ll not find it in the windows error list, this is related to automatic update clients. We’ve done some research and found the best ways to resolve the windows update error code (0x8024a105).
Delete software distribution files and folder to fix error 0x8024a105
This is one of the easiest and working methods to fix the windows update error. Just follow the steps below:
- From the bottom left side of the screen search for Powershell.
- Right-click on the PowerShell and choose run as administrator.
- Now you need to stop wuauserv (windows update service) and bits (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) by steps below
- In the PowerShell type, net stop wuauserv and hit enter then type net stop bits and hit enter.
- Now go to Local disk C: drive and now open windows folder and search for SoftwareDistribution and open it.
- Now delete all the files inside the folder.
- Open Powershell as admin and type net start wuauserv hit enter and then type net start bits hit enter
- After this restart your computer.
Now you can update windows without facing the error code 0x8024a105.
Reset Catroot2 and softwaredistribution folders to fix Windows update error
In this solution, we need to stop windows service then replace the softwaredistribution with the new one. This will remove any corrupted files from the system which will resolve the error code (0x8024a105).
- Search for command prompt (cmd) and open it as administrator.
- Now you need to stop these four services – wuauserv (windows update service), cryptSvc (cryptographic service), bits (Background Intelligent Transfer Service), msiserver (msi service).
- To stop these you need to type these commands in the cmd prompt and hit enter.
- net stop wuauserv hit enter
- net stop cryptSvc hit enter
- net stop bits hit enter
- net stop msiserver hit enter button
Note: Don’t forget to hit enter after each command
Rename softwaredistribution and catroot2 folder
- Open local disk C:
- Go to the windows folder and open it.
- Now rename the SoftwareDistribution folder to SoftwareDistribution.old
- Now search and renamethe catroot2 folder to catroot2.old.
Start stopped windows services
- Again open command prompt as administrator.
- Now enter the command mentioned below to start services.
- net start wuauserv hit enter
- net start cryptSvc hit enter
- net start bits hit enter
- net start msiserver hit enter button
- Now reboot your laptop or computer.
Following these commands will fix the windows update error code (0x80024a105).
Also check: How to take screenshot on dell laptop windows 10
Run windows update troubleshooter
You can use the inbuild troubleshooting app to fix windows update error code 0x80024a105. To start windows update troubleshooter follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press Windows button + I open the windows settings.
- Now open update and security option.
- Now Click troubleshoot option you’ll find this on the left side
- Click on the additional troubleshooters’ option.
- Click on windows update and now click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
Now windows will automatically detect the issue in windows update. If you find any issue just follow the on-screen instruction to fix it.
Troubleshoot error 0z8024a105 with DISM tool
Dism tool is a really helpful tool in windows which helps you in tracing corrupted files on your windows and also helps in fixing it. You can use the dism tool to fix the error code 0x8024a105. Follow the steps below:
- Search cmd and right-click on it and select run as administrator.
- Enter the command mentioned below and hit enter to find and fix the corrupted files on your computer
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
After performing these steps check if the windows update error 0x8024a105 on your laptop or desktop.
Reset windows Catroot2 folder
You can also fix this error code by resetting the catroot2 folder on your system. Follow the steps mentioned below to restet windows catroot2 folder.
- Search and open cmd as administrator.
- Now type the following command to reset the catroot2 folder.
- net stop cryptSvc and press enter
- md %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old and press enter
- xcopy %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old /s and press enter.
- Now go to c drive and open windows folder open windows 32 folder and now open and delete all the files in the catroot2 folder.
- Now again open cmd as an administrator to start cryptographic services by entering the following command below
net start cryptsvc and hit enter.
Try a clean boot on your laptop or Desktop
Clean boot will help us to understand if the windows update error code 0x8024a105 due to a problem in the software. Follow the steps below to perform a clean boot of your desktop or laptop.
- Press Windows key + R to open run
- Now type MSConfig and hit enter.
- Now from the tabs select services and choose to hide all Microsoft services.
- Click on the disable all option
- Click the startup tab and click on the open task manager
- Now disable every program from the list and restart your laptop or desktop.
After restart check fit the error code 0x8024a105 is fixed on your laptop or desktop.
Also check : Fix Nvidia geforce experience error code 0x0003
Other solutions to fix windows update error code 0x8024a105
Reboot– Sometimes you can fix the error 0x8024a105 with a simple reboot of your system. Just restart or reboot your system and check if the windows update error code is fixed.
Internet connection: Weak internet connection or no internet connection can cause the windows update error. To fix this check if your internet connection is working properly. If the internet is not working then try another network if possible or try contacting your isp for help. If you’re on Wi-Fi then try using an ethernet connection for a strong internet connection. You can also try moving your wifi router close to your laptop to see if it works.
What to do when nothing works
If none of the above methods worked for you then you need to reinstall windows on your desktop or laptop to fix error code 0x8024a105. To follow the installation you can follow the steps here from Microsoft. After a clean installation of windows, the update error code will be fixed.
Conclusion: To fix windows update error 0x802a105 you can restart softwaredistribution and catroot2 folder. This will the windows update error on your desktop or laptop
If you’ve any suggestion let us know from the comment box and don’t forget to check how to fix this video cannot be played error code 224003