Is your vizio smart tv keeps turning off and sometimes on by itself. Then don’t worry you’re not alone. Vizio keeps rebooting or restarting is an issue faced by many vizio tv owners. Whenever a user turns on their tv it stays on for a while then it turns off automatically. Today in this post we’re going to discuss why is your vizio tv keeps rebooting and how you can fix it.
Why is my Vizio TV turning off by itself?
Below are some of the reason for vizio tv keeps turning off issue:
- Temporary glitch: Most of the time this occurs because of a temporary technical glitch.
- Pending firmware update: If your tv is downloading a big update, then you can face a vizio tv restarting issue on your tv.
- Faulty or damaged HDMI input. If your HDMI port is damaged then it can cause your tv to restart.
- Remote: Many times a defective remote can also cause your vizio tv to turn off automatically.
How do you fix a Vizio TV that keeps turning off?
Power cycle vizio tv
This first fix will eliminate the vizio tv turning off issue for most of the vizio tv users.
- Turn off the tv and remove all the wires attached to the tv.
- Now unplug it from the power outlet.
- Now locate the power button from the backside of the tv and press and hold it for 30 seconds.
- Wait for 30 minutes
- Plugin your vizio tv and connect all the devices and wires.
- Turn your vizio on.
After power cycling vizio tv keeps turning off issue will be resolved for most vizio users.
Remove the battery from the remote
This is one of the most common and ignored reasons behind vizio tv keeps rebooting issue. Not many vizio tv owners are aware that a faulty vizio remote or any other remote like a firestick remote with IR blasters can cause your tv to turn off randomly. So in this situation, all you need to do is to remove the batteries from all of your remotes. Make sure to remove the battery from the other remote (firestick remote etc) also. After removing the battery turn on your vizio tv and check if vizio tv is still turning off or not. If not the vizio tv keeps rebooting issue is resolved.
Tip: Also make sure to check if the power outlet is damaged or not. If there is an issue with power outlet then this can cause your vizio tv to turn off randomly.
Change power mode settings
Making changes in the power mode setting can resolve the vizio tv turning off issue on many vizio TVs. You can follow the steps below for fixing vizio tv keeps restarting.
- Go to your vizio tv settings.
- Now select the system.
- Select power mode.
- Now change the power mode to quickstart mode.
After changing the power mode to quickstart mode the vizio tv keeps rebooting issue will be resolved.
Turn off CEC
If your tv is receiving a wrong cec signal from your connected device then this can cause your tv to turn off on its own. Turning off the cec in the settings can help you in resolving the problem.
- Go to settings.
- Now select the system.
- Here select CEC.
- Now turn off CEC.
After turning off the cec vizio tv rebooting problem will be fixed on your smart tv.
Related: Smartcast home not available
Faulty HDMI Input
If your HDMI port is broken or damaged then that can cause your vizio tv to reboot itself again and again. To fix this issue you need to use another HDMI port on your vizio tv. Switch the wires or devices to another HDMI port. Then turn on your vizio tv and select the correct HDMI input. After changing the HDMI input the problem will be resolved on your vizio smart tv.
Another minor but ignored setting is the timer settings. You can disable it for fixing the vizio tv turning off issue. Go to setting then select timer now disable the auto power off. After disabling the turn-off timer issue will be resolved on your vizio tv.
Related: Fix lg tv black screen
Reset your vizio tv
If your vizio tv keeps rebooting or turning off again and again then you can try resetting it to factory settings. Note you’ll lose all the downloaded data and custom settings. For resetting your vizio tv follow the steps below.
- Locate the buttons on the backside of your tv.
- Turn on your tv.
- As soon as the tv turns on press and hold the volume down and input the button from the backside of tv until you a message on your screen.
- Now press the input button from the back of your tv for 10 seconds.
- This will reset your vizio tv.
- When the tv start set it up.
If your vizio tv is still turning off or rebooting then you need to contact the vizio team for help. If this is a hardware issue then they can help you in resolving the issue. Also check our post on how to fix sling tv not working.