Twitch was introduced in 2011 and became one of the most popular live video streaming platforms. Most gamers are using twitch to stream their gaming videos. Here you can broadcast your game or other activity for free and paid. Nowadays, users report that they usually face Error Code 5000 content not available. And they are unable to stream or broadcast their content.
Reasons for error code 5005 on twitch
There are many reasons for twitch error code 5005 mentioned below.
Browser extensions: You can come across error code 5005 on twitch due to a corrupted or incompatible browser extension.
Browser cache and cookies– Browser cache and cookies are also one of the know criminals behind error code 5005 on twitch.
The browser itself: Sometimes if a browser is outdated or unsupported then your can also face error 5005
DNS problem: If your DNS is not functioning properly to obtain an IP address from websites then you can face error code 5005.
So these are the known reasons for this issue on twitch. Below are the steps which you can follow to fix the twitch 5005 error content not available.
Steps to Fix Twitch Error Code 5000 Content not available
While Twitch displays error code just reload the twitch stream page, click on reload, and check if the error code is fixed or not. If reloading doesn’t help you then try the next step.
Clear Cache & Cookies
- Press ctrl+shift+del button to open clear browsing data page. Or you can simply type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and search from the URL box of chrome to open clear data page.
- Now in the time range select all time and click on clear data button.
- Now click on clear to confirm
After deleting cache and cookies check if you’re still facing the error code 5005 twitch on your chrome browser.
- Open the Firefox browser now type and search about:preferences#home from the URL box.
- Now here click the clear data button and again click on clear to affirm the removal of cache and cookies from your Firefox browser.
Related: How to Raid Someone on Twitch
- Go to the “Menu” button, on the right side of your browser.
- Hover your cursor on “More tools”, a sub-menu will appear and select “Extensions”.
- The installed extensions page will open and disable all the extensions and if you installed ghostery then disable it also.
- Open twitch again and check whether the error is fixed or not. If the error is fixed then enable the extensions one by one until you know which extension is causing the error.
- Launch Firefox and click on the gear icon to open the settings of your firefox browser.
- Now click on the extensions option from the bottom left side of your screen.
- Now again click extensions from the left side.
- You’ll see all the installed extensions on the right side of the screen. Try uninstalling them and check if you’re still facing the error code 5005 on twitch.
Hope this method may fix your error code as well because most of the time ghostery leads to this type of error code and some users reported that they fixed this error by disabling the ghostery.
Note: Same things goes for mac users. You can try uninstalling the browser extension and clear cache and data on your safari browser to fix error code 5005 on twitch.
- Open twitch tv on your browser.
- Go to the address bar, click on the padlock icon and a pop-up will appear.
- Select “Site settings”.
- Locate “Flash” under the Permissions section.
- Select “allow” from the flash drop-down list and reload the twitch page to apply this setting.
Related: Connect twitch to Amazon prime
Flush the DNS to Fix Twitch Error 5000
- Navigate to Windows Desktop, go to the search bar, and type “cmd” or “Command Prompt”.
- Right-click on the “Command Prompt” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
- Now, in your command prompt type “ipconfig/flushdns” and press enter.
- Close the command prompt and open the chrome browser. Check whether the error is fixed or not.
Change your Browser
Still, twitch displaying the error code on your screen and the above-mentioned method doesn’t help you, maybe your browser might be experiencing some issue, then you need to change your browser, changing your browser might solve your issue.
Conclusion: If you facing twitch error code 5000, you can try clearing cache and cookies on your browser or try removing browser extensions to fix error code 5000 on twitch. If this doesn’t help use other browser to stream content on twitch
If you’ve any other solution or suggestion for this post let us know. You can also ask any question related to error code 5000 from the comment box and do check our post on Amazon prime error code 1060