People are not aware of Peacock’s audio description feature. After starting a show or watching a movie, many users hear the audio description instead of the sound of the show or movie. Since users get confused about audio description, not everyone knows what AD is and how to turn it off.
In this post, we will explain how to turn off peacock tv audio description and what to do when peacock tv audio description keeps turning on.
What is peacock tv audio description?
Audio description is a feature on peacock tv that help users with sight problem to understand what is going on the screen. After playing the show you’ll hear the narration of what is going on the screen. Like if a character enters the room, then you’ll hear “Richard entered the room”. This is very helpful to people who are not able to see properly.
Turn off peacock tv audio description?
Some users reported that peacock tv is turned on by mistake but they don’t know how to turn it off. Below we’ve explained the process of disabling the peacock tv audio description.
- Launch the peacock tv.
- Play the show or movie.
- Now using the remote or mouse access the playback option.
- Select the audio option.
- Now select audio as English (Not English AD).
Now the audio description is turned of the selected show or movie on the peacock tv app. You can do the same thing on the peacock tv mobile app. In the mobile app select the audio as English (Not English AD).
Peacock TV Audio Description Won’t Turn Off
Many users have reported that the audio description is turning on again after disabling it. This having with many peacock tv users. Below I’ve explained what to do when peacock tv audio description is turning on on its own.
- Peacock tv Audio Description can automatically turn on if you’ve accidentally selected the audio description as English AD during downloading. So check if you’ve downloaded the English AD, if yes then you’ll have to redownload the show with English audio.
- If you are using roku then go to settings>accessibility then below audio guide choose the screen reader/audio guide option. Now turn it off, after turning it off launch peacock tv and check if the issue is resolved.
- If the peacock tv audio description is not turning off, then select the subtitle. This is workaround when peacock tv audio description not turning off. After enabling the subtitle peacock tv audio description will turn off.
- Check your device settings, if the audio description is turned on in the device settings then you can face this issue. So turn off the audio description or narrator option from the device settings.
More Helpful Posts: