Is your sharp tv not turning on? Then you are at the right place. Over the past years, many people have reported that their sharp tv won’t turn on after a power outage, or in some cases, sharp tv won’t turn on but the power light is blinking. Some people also said that the sharp tv is not turning on from the standby mode. These are some scenarios that people are facing while using their sharp tv. In this post, we’re going to explain the reason behind this problem and how you can fix it.
Why is My Sharp TV Not Turning On?
There could be many possibilities why your Sharp Tv is behaving like this, but we’ve gathered some possible reasons that are stopping your TV from turning on.
- TV’s not receiving enough supply: There are some instances your Tv isn’t getting enough power supply to run, and that’s why your Tv isn’t turning on. It can be a voltage or connection issue, or maybe your power outlet is faulty. In this case, changing the power outlet can fix the problem.
- Overheat: Another possible reason why your Sharp Tv isn’t turning on is that if you encountered this issue in the middle of streaming a show/movie, then there are some possibilities that your TV’s got overheated. And that’s why now it’s refusing to turn on.
- Backlight Broken: This is one of the most probable reasons why your Sharp Tv is refusing to turn on. If the Backlight of your Sharp Tv is damaged or broken, then this can lead you to a sharp tv black screen issue.
How Can You Fix Sharp TV Won’t Turn On
In that case, we’ve gathered some of the best solutions that’ll help in turning on your Sharp Tv. All you need to do is follow the steps as instructed.
Power Cycle Your Sharp TV
One of the best solutions for fixing Vizio tv won’t boot up that works for most users is the power cycle. Many users claim that they were able to fix this issue with the help of power cycle. To perform power cycle properly you need to follow the steps below.
- Turn off your sharp tv.
- Now unplug the sharp tv from the power outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Now plugin the sharp tv.
Now turn it on using your remote, and check if you’re able to turn on your sharp tv or not.
Hard Reset Your Sharp TV
If power cycling the sharp Tv didn’t work for you, then try to hard reset your Sharp TV by following the steps below.
- Turn OFF your TV and all other connected devices.
- Unplug your TV from the power socket.
- Press and hold the power button on the TV for 25-30 seconds.
- Wait for some time, maybe 5-7 mins.
- Plug back in the TV.
- Now you can try switching ON your TV.
Also check: Sharp tv keeps turning off and on
Different Power Outlet
If somehow the issue persists, you can try unplugging the TV from the current power outlet and plugging it into a different one. If there’s no other power outlet near the TV, then you can do one thing. Try plugging in some other small appliance to this socket to check whether it’s the socket that is causing the issue or something else.
Replace The Remote Batteries
So far, we have gone through multiple fixes, and we haven’t found the root cause. There could be a probability that the remote is causing the issue.
- Firstly, take out the batteries of your remote. Now hold down the power button on the remote for 25-30 seconds.
- After half a minute, put the batteries back in the remote and try to turn ON the TV. It should power back ON.
- You can also try putting in new batteries if you have some doubts.
Leave Your Sharp TV Overnight
As we discussed, if you’re using your Sharp Tv for the past 4-5 hours, then there are some instances that your Sharp Tv’s got overheated, and that’s it’s refusing to turn on. In this case, leaving your TV off overnight can fix your issue. Many Sharp users also followed this step, and they claimed that leaving their Tv off overnight fixes the problem.
Tweak Standby Settings
Usually, our device switches to standby mode if no command is given for a long time. You can press the power button on the TV to wake it up. Alternatively, you can also check whether the main power switch on TV is switched ON or not. You can also disable the “Sleep timer” if you don’t want your TV to go on standby mode.
● To do that, click on Menu> Settings>System>Sleep timer>Off
Sharp TV Not Turning on From Standby Mode or Sharp TV Stuck in Standby
Some users reported that their sharp tv was not turning on from standby mode. To fix sharp tv stuck in standby mode you can try power cycle or hard reset of your tv from the steps above. If that doesn’t work then follow the steps below.
- Try pressing the power button on your sharp tv.
Now your sharp tv will boot up normally without any problem.
Also check: Fix samsung tv black screen of death
Sharp TV Won’t Turn on Red Light Blinking
If your sharp tv is not turning on but the light on your sharp tv is blinking, then you can try force turning on your tv. To do this you can follow the steps below.
- On your sharp tv press the volume down, channel up button, and power button at the same time.
- You will hear a clicking sound and your sharp tv will turn on normally.
If this doesn’t work then try following the steps below.
- Unplug the sharp tv from the power outlet.
- Now press and hold the volume up and power, now plug in your sharp tv.
- Your tv screen will flash and start working in 10-20 seconds then release the buttons.
- Now change your settings to quickstart.
Now you’ll be able to use sharp tv without any issue.
How To Reset Sharp TV Without Remote?
Sometimes we cannot find our TV remote or the TV screen is not working. Don’t worry; here in this part, we will be covering the various ways of resetting Sharp TV.
- Use the side buttons of the TV.
- First, unplug the TV from the wall outlet. Press and hold the volume down and input buttons at the same time. We need to ensure to hold the buttons down while plugging the Sharp TV back. Keep holding until the TV boots up successfully.
- Now, you would see a blue “K” box appearing at the left-hand corner of the screen. Press and hold the volume down and channel down buttons simultaneously. By doing this, your Sharp TV’s service menu would open.
- Scroll through the pages with the help of up-down buttons. On page 2,
- Set RESET to ON
- LAMP error RESET to ON
- INDUSTRY INIT to ON
- Then click on enter.
- If you see “Success” with a green background, you should unplug your TV from the wall.
- While the TV is still unplugged, press and hold the power button on your TV and plug back in the TV while still holding the buttons.
Use Keyboard As Remote
If there’s not much space available behind the TV and you cannot access the buttons, then using a USB keyboard would be a better option.
You need to plug the USB keyboard into the back of your Sharp TV and use the keyboard keys to navigate through the pages and reset your TV.
● Smartphone App
Like now, some smart devices also have an app to give customers a better experience. If you have a Sharp Roku TV, you need to install the Roku app on your smartphone and connect it with your TV.
Now you can use your smartphone as a remote and reset your TV.
Also check: Fix roku low power issue
Backlight is Broken
If you’re still encountering the same then, there might be chances that your Sharp TV’s Backlight got broken. To check this, turn on a Flashlight and point it towards the screen of your Sharp Tv. Point the flashlight closely and check if there’s any image on the screen of your Tv. If you see an image then, your Backlight needs a replacement.
Circuit Board is Damaged
As we have already gone through the major causes which may be causing the issue, the issue persists. One of the likely reasons might be that the circuit board within the TV is broken, and there is no fix for that apart from a repair/replacement.
If your TV is still under warranty, you should go for a replacement/repair request, or if you have some knowledge of circuit boards, you can try to source a replacement circuit board yourself.
Contact Sharp TV
If the steps mentioned above fail to work, try contacting Sharp team for help. Let them acknowledge your issue. They’ll surely help you out. You can also check our post on how to fix hisense tv black screen of death.