Recently updated on September 24th, 2022 at 02:48 am
As a Samsung phone owner I was also annoyed by this “turn on offline finding” notification. I was getting this message in my notification tab again and again. I was not sure about this feature and why it keeps popping up on my screen.
Then I decided to look my Samsung phone is continuously asking me to turn on the offline finding feature. I visited Samsung community and contacted the Samsung team regarding this. Finally, I was able to find a way to disable this notification on my device.
In this post, I’m going to share what is offline finding feature and how you can disable it if you don’t want to use it.
What is Samsung Offline Finding?
First of all let me tell you what is samsung offline finding feature and why it is popping up on your screen. The find my phone or offline finding is a feature offered by samsung team. The offline finding as the name suggest it can locate your lost phone even when your phone doesn’t have a working internet connection. Once the app is on your device it will ask you to enable this feature. On some devices the feature is enabled by default. If this feature is disabled then you’ll get notification “Turn on offline finding”. Below I’ve explained how to disable this notification on your samsung phone.
Disable the “Find my mobile” feature on the Samsung phone
If you’re also annoyed by this message, then don’t worry you can turn it off. During my research, I found a way to turn off this notification on our Samsung device. Follow the steps below to disable the find my phone feature on Samsung phones.
- Go to settings.
- Now select the biometrics and security option.
- Now toggle off the “find my mobile” option.
- Enter your Samsung account login.
After disabling find my mobile option “turn on offline finding” notification will disappear from the notification bar.
Turn off “turn on offline finding” notification
There is another way to turn off the offline finding notification on your Samsung phone. To turn off this annoying notification you can follow the steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Now scroll down and select apps.
- Locate and tap on find my mobile.
- Now click on find my mobile settings.
- From the top right side of the screen tap on three dots and click on notifications.
- Now toggle off new features.
If the notification is still not disappeared then,
- Go back to find my mobile app.
- Click on the notifications option.
- Click on the miscellaneous and now select the silent option.
- Toggle on minimize notifications and toggle off app icon badges.
- Press back and follow the same steps for find my mobile option.
Now after disabling notification the issue will be resolved. You can also remove all the permissions, clear the data and cache, battery, and data usage options also to disable the “turn on offline finding” notification.
Uninstall the find my mobile updates
Some users recommended that uninstalling the find my mobile app updates, helped them in disabling the “turn on offline finding” notification. To disable the find my mobile annoying notification follow the steps below.
- Go to the settings of your Samsung phone.
- Now go to the apps option.
- Scroll down and select find my mobile.
- Now tap on the three dots from the top right side of the screen.
- Now tap on uninstall updates option.
Now the find my mobile notification “turn on offline finding” will disappear from the notification section of your Samsung phone.
More helpful guides: