Samsung smart view is a great feature offered by Samsung, through which you can easily cast your Samsung mobile content onto your Samsung tv big screen. In some cases, it can also act as a remote for your Samsung tv. Recently some users have reported that they are unable to use Samsung smart view function on their Samsung devices. In this post, we’re going to explain the reasons why Samsung smart view is not working and how you can fix Samsung smart view issues.
Why is My Samsung Smart View Not Working?
Below we’ve mentioned some reasons that can cause issues while using Samsung smart view.
- Some users have reported that they are unable to use smart view after updating their device to android 11.
- Make sure that both your Samsung tv and Samsung phone is updated and running on the latest firmware version, using older firmware version can cause issues with Samsung smart view.
- You have to make sure that your both device is compatible with each other because sometimes smart features can crash due to compatibility issue.
- Make sure to turn off Bluetooth while using the screen mirroring function as it stops the functionality of your wifi.
How Do I Get the Smart View to Work?
If Samsung smart view is not working then you need to follow the steps below to fix this problem.
Before following the troubleshooting steps make sure you are properly using the smart view function. Follow the steps below to fix minor issues before troubleshooting the smart view issue.
- Go to the notification panel from the home screen.
- Tap on smart view to enable it.
- Select TV model and tap to connect TV model number.
- You will get a notification bar on the TV screen, select give permission and connect your TV to mobile.
Restart Your Samsung Smart TV
The smart view feature on your Samsung tv can stop functioning properly due to a temporary glitch. You can easily fix smart view issues by rebooting or hard resetting your Samsung smart tv.
Using the remote
- Press and hold the power button on your Samsung smart remote.
- When the TV turns off continue holding down the power button,
- Until the TV turn on again.
Using unplugging the TV
- First turn off the tv using a Samsung remote.
- Now unplug the tv from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the physical power button on your Samsung tv for 15-20 seconds.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in the Samsung tv and turn it on.
Now try using the Samsung smart view function and see if it is working properly or not.
Clear Data and Force Stop Smart View on Your Phone
If the smart view is still not working after the reboot or power cycle, then clearing the smart view app cache and data can help you in resolving this issue. To clear the cache of the smart view app follows the steps below.
- Go to the settings on your phone.
- Then go to the apps then system apps.
- Select the smart view app.
- Go to storage and clear cache and data and force stop.
Now after clearing the cache and data launch the smart view app and try screen mirroring to see if the issue is resolved or not.
Connect Your Samsung TV and Phone to Same Network
For using the Samsung smart view/screen mirroring function, you need to make sure that your Samsung tv and your Samsung phone are connected to the same wifi network. If not, then Samsung smart view feature will not work properly. As the smart view is the same feature as casting, in both scenario your device (tv and phone) need to be on the same network for them to work properly. So check that your Samsung tv and your Samsung phone are connected to the same wifi network. If you are connected to a different network then disconnect and reconnect your phone to the same wifi where your Samsung tv is connected. After switching networks try screen mirroring or using the Samsung smart view function. Now the Samsung smart view will work properly without any issue.
Check For internet Issues
If your internet is not working or slow, then you can face issues while using the smart view function. To rectify the connectivity problem follow the steps below.
- Try moving your router closer to your Samsung tv and phone.
- Place your router higher than the device.
- Check your internet speed at speedtest.net or try using apps like youtube to check if wifi is working properly on your Samsung tv or not.
If wifi is slow or not working then try power cycling your router by following the steps below.
- Unplug your router and Samsung tv from the power outlet.
- Turn off your Samsung phone.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in your router and turn it on, also turn on your Samsung tv and your phone.
- Connect your devices to the same network and check if Samsung smart view not working issue is resolved or not.
Update the TV and Smart View App
Outdated software can cause incompatibility issues. Due to this your Samsung smart view will not work properly. So if you’re on outdated or older firmware then try updating your device firmware by following the steps below.
How to update Samsung TV?
- Press the home button on the remote.
- Using directional pad go to the settings.
- Navigate to select support.
- Select software update and select update now. If the update option is greyed out then check this post for help.
- Wait till the TV check for updates.
- Select ok to finish.
How to update Samsung phone?
- Go to the settings and then about the device.
- Select software update.
- Select update now.
Related: Fix samsung tv volume stuck issue
Check if VPN is Culprit
If you’re using a VPN then it can also prevent the smart view to work properly. Using VPN changes your IP address, this can lead to issues while using screen mirroring your phone content on tv. So in case you’re using a VPN on your Samsung tv or phone, then first disable or uninstall it. After disabling the VPN try using the Samsung smart view again. Now you’ll be able to screen mirror on Samsung tv without any issues. If you’re facing an aspect ratio issue on your Samsung tv while using smart view, then follow the troubleshooting steps below.
Fix Smart View Aspect Ratio Problem
Some users have reported that while using the smart view feature, users are facing issues with aspect ratio on tv. If you’re also facing an aspect ratio problem then follow the steps below to adjust the aspect ratio while using smart view for screen mirroring.
- Go to the smart view app on your Samsung tv or click the smart view icon.
- Tap on Settings.
- Select the phone aspect ratio option.
- Now tap on full screen on the connected device.
Factory Reset Your Samsung TV and Phone
If you’re still facing issues after trying the steps above, then resetting your Samsung tv and your phone can help you. Resetting your devices will revert your phone to its factory settings and all the data will be cleared. To factory reset your device follow the steps below.
- Go to the settings on your phone and then general management.
- Tap on reset and then factory reset.
- Scroll down select reset.
- Select delete all.
In Samsung smart TV
- Turn on the TV.
- Press the menu button.
- Select support and then Enter.
- Select Self Diagnosis, and Enter.
- Choose Reset, then Enter.
- Enter your default pin 0000 and confirm yes.
If you are still unable to use the Samsung smart view feature, then contact Samsung for help. The team at Samsung can help you in resolving the smart view not working problem. If this post helped you then check our post on how to fix samsung tv black screen of death.