Green screen is one of the most annoying issues faced by smart tv owners. Just like every other smart tv, some Samsung tv owners are also getting this annoying green screen on their tv. You’ll see green color while watching your favorite show on your Samsung smart tv. Sometimes users see green bars while streaming on their tv. In this post, we’re going to explain what are the reasons for this issue and how you can fix the green screen issue on Samsung smart tv.
Why is my Samsung tv screen green?
- Loose cable: If the cables are not inserted or placed properly on your tv then you can come across a green screen issue.
- Temporary glitch: Sometimes a temporary glitch on your Samsung tv can also cause a green screen issue.
- Fault in settings: If there is a fault in your picture or tv setting then you can face a green screen issue on your tv.
- Hardware issue: Sometimes you can get this issue because of damaged hardware on your Samsung smart tv.
How do I fix the green screen on my Samsung TV?
Before trying out the troubleshooting steps make sure that the wires are placed properly. Check if all the cables are inserted properly in all the receivers. If not then pull out the wire then put it back again and make sure to insert the wire properly in the receiver. Many users have reported that the green screen problem was resolved after they reinserted the wire properly into the HDMI and other receivers. After placing the wire properly check if you’re getting the green screen or not.
Related: Fix roku tv green screen issue
Tweak Picture Settings
Making changes in the picture settings can sometimes fix the green screen issue on your Samsung smart tv. You can follow the steps below to make the following changes in your picture settings:
Turn off hdr+ mode
- Press the menu button on your Samsung smart tv remote.
- Now scroll down and select the picture.
- Now select expert settings.
- Scroll down and turn off the hdr+ mode.
- After turning off the hdr+ mode green screen issue will be fixed on your Samsung smart tv.
- If you want the hdr+ mode turned on and remove the green screen then follow the steps below.
Turn off RGB only mode
- Press the menu button on your remote.
- Go to picture then select expert settings.
- Now scroll down and turn on hdr+ mode.
- Scroll down and select RGB mode only.
- Now select off from the option.
Now the green screen issue will be fixed on your Samsung smart tv.
Tip: Many users were able to fix the green screen on Samsung smart tv by changing the picture mode. To change the picture mode first turn off the hdr+ mode by following the steps above. Now go to the menu and select the picture. Now change the picture mode and see which one fixes the green screen issue on your Samsung smart tv.
Also check: Fix hulu not working on samsung smart tv
Adjust brightness setting
Sometimes adjusting the brightness setting can help in fixing the green screen issue on your Samsung smart tv. To do this follow the steps below:
- Press the menu button on your remote.
- Select the picture option then select expert settings.
- Now scroll down to the brightness and try decreasing or increasing the brightness.
- By decreasing or increasing the brightness you can fix the green screen issue on your Samsung smart tv.
If you’re still getting the issue then try following the steps below.
Try cold booting your Samsung smart tv
You can try the cold boot on your Samsung smart tv to fix the green screen issue. As cold booting, a Samsung smart tv will eliminate any temporary issue from your tv.
- Press and hold the power button on your Samsung remote until the tv turns off and turns back on again.
- This can take 5-10 seconds.
- Now check if the green screen issue is fixed on your smart tv or not.
If this doesn’t help try doing a power cycle of your Samsung smart tv.
Power cycle Samsung smart tv
Power cycling your Samsung smart tv will remove any temporary glitch from the tv. This can help in fixing the green screen issue on your Samsung tv.
- Unplug your Samsung smart tv from the power socket.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Now plug in your tv and turn it on.
After doing the power cycle green screen issue will be fixed on your Samsung smart tv.
Reset Samsung smart tv
If none of the steps worked for you, then you can try resetting your Samsung smart tv to factory settings. Resetting your smart tv can help in fixing the green screen issue.
- Go to settings.
- Now select general.
- Now scroll down and select the reset option.
- Enter the pin and this will reset your Samsung tv.
When the Samsung tv restart check if the green screen problem is fixed on your Samsung tv.
If for some reason you’re still facing the green screen issue on your Samsung tv. Then you need to contact Samsung for help. This can help because of a hardware problem. The team at Samsung can help you in resolving the green screen issue on your tv. If this post helped your or if you have any suggestion then do let us know from the comment section and don’t forget to check how to fix tcl roku tv black screen issue.