Many roku tv owners are getting stuck on the recovery mode purple screen. Some users after facing this issue after a simple restart and some are getting stuck on the recovery screen after a recent software update. Some users are also stuck in the recovery mode loop. After completing the update their roku tv is restarting and again giving the recovery mode screen. As this is a software bug there are some fixes that you can try. After trying these methods you will easily get out of the recovery mode screen on your roku tv.
How Do I Get My Roku TV Out of Recovery Mode?
Let’s start this with a very simple and easy step called Soft reset. In this step method, you just don’t have to power on and off your tv using a remote or physical button, all you have to do is follow all the steps as given below.
- Remain the tv on and plug out the tv power cord from the socket. Now wait for 60 seconds and once the time passes plug in the power cord back to the socket.
Tip: While performing the soft reset, turn off or perform a soft reset on your modem and route as well.
- Turn your Tv on and router and modem as well, now check to see if your Roku TV is still stuck in recovery mode or not.
If this doesn’t work for you then, grab your Roku remote and, Press the Home button 5 times, Up button 1 time, Rewind button 2 times, and Fast Forward button 2 times. This step also does a soft reset.
Change the batteries
Maybe there’s an issue with your Tv controller instead of your Roku tv. If you are unable to turn on and off your TV or unable to use any buttons then maybe your Roku TV remote has run out of batteries. Try to replace the old batteries with the new ones and maybe it will solve your issue.
Check the internet connectivity
If you’re still getting the recovery mode then there are some chances that you’re facing this issue because your Internet isn’t working properly, to check this. Try to play some online YouTube videos on your smartphone or laptop and if you find that video is playing intermittently then ask your ISP (Internet service provider) to resolve the problem once your Internet starts working fine, restart your tv and try to connect to a network. And, check whether this helps or not. And if still stuck in recovery mode then factory reset your Roku tv whether it’s Tcl, Hisense, or onn.
Related: Roku tv stuck on loading screen fix
Hard Reset Roku TV Stuck in Recovery Mode?
If you’re stuck in the recovery mode screen on your roku tv and you can’t access the menu. Then hard resetting your roku tv is an option that can help you. For hard resetting your roku tv follow the steps below.
- First, unplug your roku smart tv from the power socket.
- Now press and hold the physical power button on your tv for 30 seconds.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Now plug in your roku tv and turn it on.
- Now check if you’re able to get out of the recovery screen or not.
How to Factory Reset TCL, Hisense, and Onn Roku tv?
Found the pinhole to factory reset the tv but don’t know how to enable the factory reset option while remaining stuck in recovery mode, then follow the steps as given below
- Find the reset button on the back of your roku tv.
- Now press and hold the reset button on the back of your roku tv for 30 seconds.
- When your tv resets, unplug your tv from the power socket.
- Now hold the reset button on the back of your roku tv while plugging in your roku tv.
- When the tv turns on release the reset button.
- Now set up your roku smart tv.
You can get your roku tv out of recovery mode by factory resetting your roku tv. There is another method mentioned below.
Related: Tcl roku tv black screen issue fixed
Fix Roku TV Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
If your roku tv is in the recovery mode loop then try resetting your roku tv by following the steps below.
- Press the reset button on the back of your roku tv.
- Now press the reset button on the back of your tv again and again till you see a solid white light from the bottom of your tv. (power button/indicator) Make sure you get a solid white light, not the flashy one.
- When you get a solid white light, release the reset button then press and hold the power button.
- When the tv starts release the power button and set up your roku tv.
Cotact Roku Team
If the factory reset and above-mentioned steps failed to help you out from the recovery mode then you should ask Roku or your tv customer support to provide any kind of help to fix this recovery mode issue, and if your Roku tv is under warranty then you should ask them to repair it or replace it with the fresh same model.
If this post helped you then check our post on how to fix tcl tv no sound issue.