Roku is a go-to device for many people for streaming their favorite content. Roku is smart on which you can stream videos on YouTube and stream channel over the internet. If you’re is not strong enough or Roku is facing an internet connection issue then it’ll show Roku error code 016 not connected to the internet. As we know that error code 016 represents a bad connection or other connectivity issues then we can follow the steps below to fix it.
Restart Roku Tv to Fix Error Code 016
If you can’t connect to the internet on your Roku tv then you need to first restart the Roku by these easy steps.
- Go to the home menu in Roku with the help of a Roku remote.
- Now go the settings menu and then the system menu.
- Now scroll up to find the system restart option and hit the restart.
After restarting your Roku tv, check if you’re still facing the error code 016 on your Roku
Enable network pings
We have to change the settings if your WIFI is not connecting with the Roku device with help of your Roku remote.
- Go to the Home menu and press the Home button 5 times.
- Now press the button fast forward>>play>>rewind>>play>>fast forward
- Now you will see a new program on your TV.
- Scroll up to choose the options system operation menu
- Again scroll up to select the option enable network ping. When you select this option it will enable network ping.
But make sure you try this method after restarting your Roku tv. Now check if you’re still facing the error code 016 on your Roku tv.
Tips: Try connecting your Roku with wiifi properly with these steps. Press home on roku remote and and select network. Go to setup new connection and choose wireless. Choose your network and enter your wifi password, wait for connection to establish. Now check if the error code 016 on your Roku tv is resolved.
Related: Fix Hulu error code p-ts207
Power cycle your router your Roku and Router
Sometimes you can face error code 016 on Roku due to corrupted DNS cache. This will prevent you from establishing a connection with Roku with your wifi. You can follow the below steps to fix the DNS issue.
- Shut down your Roku tv and unplug your tv and wifi router from the power cord.
- Press the power button and hold approximately 30 sec for the discharge of the power supply with capacitors.
- Now plug back in all the devices and turn on.
- Now connect your tv with your wifi and check if you are still facing the Roku error code 016.
Check internet speed
If your internet speed is slow this could be the reason for your error 016. To stream movies and show on Roku you need a good internet speed. You need to first check the internet speed. To check internet speed follow the steps-
- Go to the settings and then network option and then network connection.
- Here you can check the quality of your home network signals and here you can also check the speed of your network.
Related: Resolve error code ui3010 on Netflix
Contact Roku support For Fixing Error Code 016
If none of the above steps helped you then you can contact roku team for fixing error code 016. They can help you in resolving error code 016 on your roku tv.
Conclusion: Roku error code 016 is a connection issue between Roku and your WIFI. You can power down your Roku and your WIFI and turn them back on. Now connect your Roku tv to WIFI to see if this resolves error code 016 on your Roku. You can also follow the other steps above to fix error 016 on your Roku tv.
If you’ve any suggestion let us know from the comment box. You can also check our post on how to fix Amazon prime error code 9068