Recently updated on October 1st, 2022 at 03:19 pm
Ring cameras are pretty awesome. They’re easy to install, convenient, and provide solid home security. The problem is that there is an issue with disconnecting from Wi-Fi. Recently, several users have reported that their Ring camera keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
Is your Ring Camera also keeps on disconnecting from Wi-Fi?
I have been using a Ring Floodlight cam and doorbell for the past few years and encountered such connecting issues. Today, I’m here to share what I had done earlier to resolve such a connecting issue and some other steps and methods that’ll help you in resolving the “Ring Camera Keeps Disconnecting From Wi-Fi.”
Why does my Ring Camera Keep Going Offline?
The probable reason your Ring camera keeps going offline or disconnecting is the connection interruption between your Ring security camera and network connection. If the network connection is weak, unstable, or poor, it can lead the camera offline.
Below are some other reasons that can lead your Ring Camera to keeps on disconnecting;
Wrong Wi-Fi password: Sometimes, you may face such an issue due to the wrong password or Wi-Fi connection. If you’ve recently changed your password or Wi-Fi connection and not updated in your Ring camera app, then it can cause such an issue.
To fix this, update your Wi-Fi password in the Ring app and reconnect your Ring camera with your Wi-Fi connection.
The camera is far: You may encounter such connection issues if the connectivity between your camera and network is not strong enough. The distance can also be the reason for the weak connection; if your camera is placed far from your router, then try reducing the distance between the two.
Battery or Power Issue: It can be your Camera battery that’s causing the issue. To check this, open your ring camera app and check if there’s any low battery notification. If the battery needs a replacement, replace it quickly.
Also, ensure that your Ring Camera receives the required power and voltage, which is 16V.
Wi-Fi Network Band: Another possible reason is the network band your camera is connected to. If you’ve set your Wi-Fi network band to 5GHz, then it can cause such connectivity issues. Some Ring Cameras are compatible with only 2.4GHz network bands.
Set your Wi-Fi network band to 2.4GHz and connect your Ring camera to fix this.
How To Fix Ring Camera Keeps Disconnecting From Wi-Fi?
To fix this, launch the Ring camera app on your device and head to the Menu (in the top corner). Now, locate the Devices option and tap on the device you’re having an issue. Afterward, head to the Device Health option, tap on Device Health and reconnect your camera to Wi-Fi (enter the correct password). Now, you’ll see your Ring Camera is connected to your Wi-Fi.
Reboot your Ring Camera
The first thing you need to do is, reboot your Ring Camera. Here’s how to do it;
- Navigate to the Ring Camera app on your device.
- Now, tap on the Menu (three lines in the top left).
- After that, tap on Devices > Select your Device > Device Health.
- And, then head to Tools > Reboot This Device. It will take a few minutes,
- At last, check to see if it fixes the issue,
If not, try removing and replacing the Ring Camera’s internal battery and check if this makes any changes.
Check the Wi-Fi Router
Another thing you need to check is the Wi-Fi router. Ensure all the lights and indicators of the router and modem are working fine.
Also, check to see that the cables of the router and modem are securely connected. If you find any loose cable, then connect it firmly. And, if there’s a faulty or damaged cable, then you need to replace it.
Ensure to check if you’re experiencing the same issue on your other devices. Try streaming a show on your smartphone (connected to the same network) and check if you have any buffer or loading issues.
Reboot your Router and Modem
If your router is working fine on other devices, then you need to reboot your router and modem. To do so;
- Turn off and unplug your Router and Modem from the power source.
- Now, wait for 30 seconds.
- And plug them back into the socket and check to see if your Ring will go back online.
Ring Floodlight cam keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi
If your Ring floodlight cam keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi, then check to verify the thing we’ve listed below;
- Ensure all the wires are correctly connected, and the router’s lights are green.
- Make sure that no other Wi-Fi device is having trouble connecting to the network.
- You should unplug your router for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Check to see if the Floodlight Cam automatically reconnects
Get Into Set Up Mode
If you’re still not able to get past the problem, then try following the steps instructed below;
- Press the Setup button on your Ring Camera. Doing this will put the camera into Setup mode.
- Wait for 10 seconds, then press it again and check if the camera will be back online.
On Floodlight cam;
- Press the Setup button on top of your Floodlight cam, and you’ll hear a voice stating, “Entering setup mode.”
- And the light on the bottom of the camera will start flashing.
- Then, the floodlights will power on.
- Step underneath the motion sensor. Floodlight Cams are powered if their lights illuminate.
Hard Reset Ring
If everything fails, try hard resetting your Ring Camera. Here’s how you can do it;
- Press and hold the Orange button on your Ring Camera for at least 20 seconds.
- After that, release the Orange button and wait for the flickering light on the front of your camera. If the light flashes quickly, the camera will be restarted soon.
- At last, set up and connect your camera and check if this resolves the issue.
It seems like nothing worked for you. If this is the case, we suggest you contact Ring customer support. Explain your issue to their customer support and ask them to provide you with the resolution to fix this issue out.
More Helpful Guides;