Recently updated on March 10th, 2022 at 12:23 am
If we encounter some issues with our Tv, we try to resolve that issue by resetting the tv to its default factory settings, and if you’re here, then there are some chances that you’re encountering some problems with your TCL Tv. But you don’t know how to reset your TCL Tv? Well, In today’s post, we’d be covering all the aspects of how to reset a TCL TV, TCL Roku TV, TCL Android TV, and how you can reset your TCL Tv without a remote.
Factory Reset turn your TCL Tv to out of box state will erase all of your stored data, network connections, Roku data (if you own a TCL Roku Tv), installed apps, pin locks, and parental control code and menu preferences, and you’ll have to set up your TV again.
How Do YouSoft Reset a TCL TV?
If you’re encountering some issue with your TCL Roku Tv TCL Android Tv, try to resolve it by performing the soft Reset. To do so, follow the given steps;
TCL Roku TV
- Press the Home button five times,
- Press the Up button once,
- Press the Rewind button twice,
- Press the Fast Forward button twice.
In a while, your TCL Roku Tv will restart.
TCL Android TV
- Unplug the TV’s power cable from the wall outlet and,
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Now, Plug the power cable back into the wall outlet.
Doing this will perform a soft reset on your TCL Android TV.
How to Perform a Factory Reset on Your TCL Roku TV?
Below are the steps to Factory reset your TCL Roku TV. Follow as instructed;
- Press the Home button and scroll down to the Settings.
- Locate and select System then, scroll to the and select Advanced System Settings.
- Now, head to the Factory reset, then select Factory reset everything.
- After that, enter the given code(you’ll get a different code every time you reset your TCL TV) and select OK.
Note: The default pin code is 1234.
Also check: How you can fix tcl dim or flickering screen
How do I Factory Reset My TCL Roku TV Black Screen?
If you’re encountering a black screen on your TCL Roku TV, here’s the way to fix it. Factory reset your TCL Roku TV with the following steps;
It would be best to have a straightened paper clip or ball-point pen.
- Press and hold the RESET button on the back of your TV.
- Keep on hold for approx. 12 seconds. When the reset process has completed, the status indicator comes on as dim then, release the RESET button and turn on your TV.
- Lastly, set up your TV and check if this resolves the black screen.
If this doesn’t, then check out our post on – TCL Roku TV Black Screen Fix
How to Perform a Factory Reset on TCL Android TV?
Performing the factory reset on your TCL Android TV is pretty simple; all you need to do is follow the steps as instructed below;
- Press the Settings button on your TCL Android TV remote.
- Now, head to the More Settings then, go to Device Preference.
- After that, locate Reset, then select Factory Data Reset.
- Select Erase Everything. A pop-up message will come up, enter the pin and click OK.
- When the reset process has been completed, your TV will restart automatically.
- Lastly, set up your TV again.
Mainly you’ll find the RESET button near the TV connector panel; if it’s not there, then look around your TCL Tv to locate the reset button.
Heading to the settings and navigating to the Factory Reset option, and pressing the RESET button on the back of your TV will reset your TV to its default factory settings.