Google chrome browser provides a lot of features. One of them is chrome lets you sign in to multiple Google account in a browser. So you can add your official email address or your account to your google chrome browser. By signing in you can access all the bookmarks, search history from that account. Google will recommend stuff according to your search history on YouTube etc. Removing any of your old emails or maybe someone else Gmail from your chrome browser is also easy.
In this post, we’re going to explain how you can remove google account from chrome and how to disable sync option for all accounts except default account. As Google tries to connect your new account to chrome profile so that it can get access to your search history, bookmarks, etc for future recommendations
Steps to remove the account from chrome browser
To remove a google account from the chrome profile or if you want to remove an account that is automatically linked to your chrome profile, just follow the steps below.
- Open your chrome browser,
- Now click on the profile circular icon from the top right side of your screen.
- Now click on the manage people (gear icon) next to other people
- Here you’ll get a list of all the accounts signed in to your chrome browser profile.
- Hover over to the account you want to remove and click on the three dots
- Now click on the “remove this person” to remove an account from your chrome browser.
So this is how you can permanently delete or remove an account from your chrome browser. If you want to disable sync between your chrome browser and google account read the instruction below.
Also Check: Why chrome uses too much memory
Steps to Disable Auto sync of Google account logins in Chrome Browser
When you log in to your google account on chrome browser, chrome will sync your data to provide you a seamless experience across all of your devices. If you want to disable the auto-sync functionality follow these steps:
- Click on the three dots from the top right side of the chrome browser.
- Click on the settings option.
- If you want to disable sync with your default account on chrome browser, click on turn off the option
- To permanently disable sync for future sign-in on your google chrome browser, click on the “sync and google services” option
- Now in the “other google services” section toggle off “allow chrome sign-in”.
- To confirm click on turn off. You can also remove all the search history, passwords, bookmarks etc associated with the account by check on the box in the same dialog box.
After doing this you’ll be able to sign in to Google services like Gmail, drive YouTube, etc without signing into chrome browser.
Conclusion: You can easily remove the account from google chrome from the manage people section. From there you can remove any account from your chrome browser. You can also disable auto-sync from the settings of the chrome browser.
Does this post solve your query regarding sync and removal of Google account on chrome browser? Do you any more questions? Let us know! Also check how to enable full screen mode on chrome browser