If you’ve bought a new echo dot, then first you’ve to setup your echo dot. But many new users don’t know how they can put echo dot in setup mode. Sometimes old users can also face issues while putting their echo dot in setup mode. In this post, we’re going to explain how to setup your new echo dot or how you can put your old echo dot in setup mode.
How to Put Echo Dot in Setup Mode?
If you’re trying to setup a new echo dot, then your echo dot will automatically boot up in the setup mode. Your echo dot will show orange light that indicates that your echo dot is in setup mode. Follow the steps below to complete the setup. First of all, install the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Now turn on your echo dot.
- Wait until the light on the echo dot changes to orange.
- Now open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Select device from the bottom.
- Now select the plus icon (+) from the top right side of the screen.
- Select add device option.
- Now select the amazon echo option.
- Select echo dot, echo plus, and more option.
- Now select the yes option in your Alexa app.
- Select your echo dot device from the available devices list.
- Now connect to your wifi.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Also check: Fix blink camera keeps going offline
Why Echo Dot Won’t Enter in Setup Mode
Sometimes your echo dot will not enter setup mode due to various reasons. It can be because the echo dot is already been setup by your previously or due to some technical glitches. To overcome this issue and to put your echo dot in setup mode, you need to reset your echo dot. Resetting your echo dot to factory settings can help you in fixing the echo dot not entering in setup mode.
Before following the reset process try power cycling your echo dot by following the steps below.
- Unplug your echo dot from the power outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in your echo dot.
- Now check if the echo dot is entering the setup mode or not.
If you’re still facing the issue with your echo dot then follow the steps below to reset your echo dot.
- Press and hold the action button on the echo dot for 25 seconds and more.
- When the light on the echo dot turns orange this means that the echo dot is now in setup mode.
Now follow the steps above to complete the setup of your echo dot. If you’re still unable to put echo dot in setup mode then try contacting the amazon team for help. If this post helped you, then also check how to fix alexa stuck on updating device.
If you’re using a new echo dot, then the first time you turn on the echo dot your echo dot will automatically boot up in the setup mode. If the light on your echo dot is blue then this means that your echo dot is in setup mode. If you are using an old echo dot then your need to reset your echo dot to put the echo dot in setup mode.
If some reason you’re not getting orange light or you’re not entering setup mode, then you need to reset your echo dot. After resetting your echo dot your echo dot will enter setup mode without any issues.
After echo dot setup your echo dot will exit out of setup mode. If you’re still getting orange light, then you can try restarting your echo dot by unplugging it from the wall. If that doesn’t help then try resetting your echo dot to fix the echo dot stuck in setup mode.