Nowadays many Samsung tv users are unable to play anything on their amazon prime video. This left many users wondering why the prime video is not working on their Samsung smart tv. Well, the most common reason for this is the limited ram on the smart tv. Although they are smart tv they currently most smart tv doesn’t have enough ram. So after long usage, things get messy and apps like prime video stop working. Also when you turn off your Samsung smart tv it is not completely turned off but it is a standby mode. That’s after some time it can cause the prime video to stop working on your Samsung smart tv. Don’t worry we’ve done some research and tested the troubleshooting steps below and they’ll most likely fix this issue on your Samsung tv.
How do I get Prime Video to work on my Samsung tv?
Do a Cold boot of your Samsung tv
Sometimes a temporary glitch or a corrupted cache can be the reason behind your prime video not working on Samsung tv. So to fix that you can try doing a cold boot of your Samsung smart tv by following the steps below:
- Pickup the remote of your tv.
- Now press and hold the power button on your remote until the tv turns off and turns back on again. This can take around 10-20 seconds.
When the tv starts check if you’re able to watch prime video on your Samsung tv or not.
Tip: Make sure the internet connection is working fine. To check that open youtube or any other streaming platform and try playing a video. Also check if the prime video itself is having an issue at downdetector.
Also check: Hulu not working on firestick
Power cycle your Samsung smart tv
If the cold boot didn’t help then try doing a power cycle of your Samsung tv and router. This can fix the amazon prime video not working issue on your Samsung tv.
- Remove the plug of your Samsung tv and router from the power socket.
- After a minute plug them in and let them boot up.
- Now connect your device to the wifi.
- Check if the prime video is working on your Samsung tv properly.
Deregister your device
Many users have reported that they were able to fix prime video on their Samsung tv by deregistering the device. To deregister your device follow the steps below:
- Go to the home of prime video.
- Now go to settings.
- Here select the option “deregister your device”.
- Now select deregister device and for confirmation select ok.
- Launch prime video and enter your login details.
Now after re-registering your device check if you’re able to use prime video on Samsung tv or not.
Also check: Fix green screen on roku tv
Update your Samsung TV
If you’ve not updated your Samsung smart tv software for a long time then it can create some issues with apps. So make sure that your prime video is working properly try updating your Samsung smart tv.
- Hold the Samsung remote and press the home button.
- Press the left arrow key and go to the settings
- Now scroll down and select the support option.
- Select the software update option and press ok. (if the software update option is greyed out then switch to tv mode and then select software update.)
- If there is an update available then select the update now option.
When the update completes checking if the prime video is working on your Samsung tv or not.
Reset your Samsung network.
Some users have reported that they were able to play prime video on their Samsung tv after doing a network reset To reset the network setting on your Samsung smart tv follows the steps below:
- Press the home button of your Samsung remote.
- Go to the settings and then general and move right to select network and press ok.
- Move down to choose reset network press ok and select yes.
- When the reset is finished select Network Settings and choose your wireless or wired network and select ok.
- Select your network name and enter the password.
After establishing a connection with your network check if you’re able to play prime video on your Samsung smart tv.
Tip: Try deleting the prime video from your Samsung tv. Now add it back again and check if you’re able to play prime video on your Samsung tv or not.
Also check: Vizio smartcast not working
Hard reset your Samsung TV
If all the previous methods failed to provide you the solution then you should try a factory reset. This can fix the issue on your tv.
- Just like before press the Samsung menu button.
- Press the up or down button to select the support option and press enter button to open.
- Select the “Self-diagnosis” option and press enter key, select here reset option, and press enter.
- Put your security pin if you changed already or the default pin is 0000 and yes to confirm it.
Make sure when you factory reset your TV then do not press any other key it will take some time to reset. When the reset completes install prime video on your Samsung smart tv and login into your account. Now check if this fixed prime video not working on Samsung tv. If you’ve any other fix to this issue then do let the world know from comment box and if this helped you then also check how to fix amazon prime video error code 1060.