Recently updated on August 31st, 2022 at 07:14 am
Prime video is the best platform for streaming shows and movies. Recently during watching a movie on prime video, the app stopped working on my Samsung tv. I opened the app again, but the prime video was not working and crashing. I searched online and found that other people were also reported the same issue on Samsung community and reddit. I did some research and found some ways for troubleshooting prime video issues on Samsung tv. In this post I’m going to share how to fix prime video not working on Samsung tv.
Why is Prime Video App Not Working on My Samsung TV?
Below we’ve mentioned some reasons why prime video can stop working on Samsung smart tv.
- Prime video outage: if prime video servers are not working then prime video can stop working on your Samsung smart tv.
- Low Samsung tv memory: If you’re running too many shows at the same time, then you can face problem.
- Temporary glitch: Most users face issues with prime video on Samsung tv due to a temporary glitch.
- Internet connection: Your prime video can stop working due to poor internet connectivity.
- Outdated Samsung tv firmware: If your Samsung tv is not updated from a long time, then it can cause issues.
Fix Prime Video Not Working on Samsung TV
You can easily fix prime video when its not working on your Samsung tv by cold boot, power cycle, updating or resetting your tv. Below we’ve a detailed guide on how to perform this troubleshooting steps.
Cold Boot Your Samsung TV
If your Samsung tv is running out of memory, then you can problem while using prime video. A temporary glitch or bug can also stop prime video from running properly. To fix these problem and to free up memory on your Samsung tv you can follow the steps below.
- Pickup your Samsung smart tv remote.
- Now press and hold the power button on the remote until your Samsung tv turn off and turn back on again. This can take upto 10-20 seconds, so keep holding the power button on your Samsung smart tv remote.
After cold boot most Samsung tv owners will not face any problem with prime video app.
Tip: If you’re getting something went wrong on prime video, then close the prime video app completely on your Samsung tv by pressing the back button. Now launch the prime video and the issues will be resolved on your Samsung smart tv
Also check: Hulu not working on firestick
Check For Prime Video Outage
Sometimes the problem is not with the Samsung smart tv, but the prime video itself. If prime video is down (prime video servers are not working in your area) then prime video can stop working on your Samsung tv. Due to outage you can get errors – something went wrong, error code or sometimes you can get stuck on loading screen forever. To check whether prime video is down or not, you can visit downdetector. At downdetector you can find the status of prime video server. If you see that prime video is down, then there is not much you can do in this situation. You need for wait for some time for prime video to fix issues at their end. When the issue is fixed, prime video will start streaming on your Samsung tv.
Power Cycle Your Samsung Smart TV and Network Device
If for some reasons cold boot didn’t work for you, then try power cycle of your Samsung tv and your network device. Power cycle of your Samsung tv and your wifi router can help you in fixing glitch, bug and will free up your memory
- Turn off the Samsung smart tv using Samsung tv remote.
- Now unplug the Samsung tv from the power outlet.
- Also, unplug the router and modem from the wall.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now plug in your Samsung tv and your router, modem and turn them on.
- Connect your Samsung tv to the wifi.
After power cycle of your devices, launch the prime video app on your Samsung tv and check if the prime video streaming issues are fixed or not.
Tips: Press the back button on your samsung tv remote to exit the prime video app. Now open the app again and check if you’re able to stream content on prime video or not.
Deregister Your Device
Many users have reported that they were able to fix prime video on their Samsung tv by deregistering the device. To deregister your device follow the steps below:
- Go to the home of prime video.
- Now go to settings.
- Here select the option “deregister your device”.
- Now select deregister device and for confirmation select ok.
- Launch prime video and enter your login details.
Now after re-registering your device check if you’re able to use prime video on Samsung tv or not.
Also check: Fix green screen on roku tv
Update Your Samsung TV
If you’ve not updated your Samsung smart tv software for a long time then it can create some issues with apps. So make sure that your prime video is working properly try updating your Samsung smart tv.
- Hold the Samsung remote and press the home button.
- Press the left arrow key and go to the settings
- Now scroll down and select the support option.
- Select the software update option and press ok. (if the software update option is greyed out then switch to tv mode and then select software update.)
- If there is an update available then select the update now option.
When the update completes checking if the prime video is working on your Samsung tv or not.
Reset Your Samsung TV Network Settings
Some users have reported that they were able to play prime video on their Samsung tv after doing a network reset To reset the network setting on your Samsung smart tv follows the steps below:
- Press the home button of your Samsung remote.
- Go to the settings and then general and move right to select network and press ok.
- Move down to choose reset network press ok and select yes.
- When the reset is finished select Network Settings and choose your wireless or wired network and select ok.
- Select your network name and enter the password.
After establishing a connection with your network check if you’re able to play prime video on your Samsung smart tv.
Tip: Try deleting the prime video from your Samsung tv. Now add it back again, If delete option is not available then select reinstall and check if you’re able to play prime video on your Samsung tv or not.
Also check: Vizio smartcast not working
Reset Samsung TV Smart Hub Settings
If the prime video is not working on your Samsung tv, then reset of your smart hub settings on Samsung tv can help you. For Samsung smart hub reset you need to follow the steps below.
- Open settings on your Samsung smart tv.
- Now go to support.
- Choose self diagnosis.
- Now scroll down and select reset smart hub.
After smart hub reset process press and hold the power button your Samsung remote until the Samsung tv restarts. Now check if the prime video issues are fixed or not on your Samsung tv.
Reset Samsung TV to Factory Settings
If all the previous methods failed to provide you the solution then you should try a factory reset. This can fix the issue on your tv.
- Just like before press the Samsung menu button.
- Press the up or down button to select the support option and press enter button to open.
- Select the “Self-diagnosis” option and press enter key, select here reset option, and press enter.
- Put your security pin if you changed already or the default pin is 0000 and yes to confirm it.
When the reset completes, all the prime video issues will be fixed on your Samsung smart tv. Now you’ll be able to stream prime video on your Samsung tv without any issues.
Also check: Prime video not working on firestick fix
Contact Samsung and Amazon
If you’re still unable to stream prime video on your Samsung tv. Then you can try contacting the amazon prime video team and Samsung team for help with this problem. If this post helped you then also check our post on how to fix youtube tv not working on samsung smart tv.