Prime video is one of the most popular streaming platform right now and Samsung is one of the best selling tv. But they both have their flaws, recently many Samsung tv owners reported that they are unable to use prime video on their smart tv. Sometimes they are getting connectivity error and in some instances prime video says something went wrong. In this post we’re going to discuss how you can fix prime video not working on Samsung smart tv.
Why is Prime Video App Not Working on My Samsung TV?
If prime video is not working on your Samsung tv, then that can happen due one of the reasons mentioned below.
- Prime video outage: if prime video servers are not working then prime video can stop working on your Samsung smart tv.
- Temporary glitch: Most users face issues with prime video on Samsung tv due to a temporary glitch.
- Internet connection: Your prime video can stop working due to poor internet connectivity.
- Outdated Samsung tv firmware: If your Samsung tv is not updated from a long time, then it can cause issues.
Fix Prime Video Not Working on Samsung TV
Cold Boot Your Samsung TV
Sometimes a temporary glitch can cause issue with prime video on your Samsung tv. But don’t worry we can easily fix such temporary glitches by hard reset/cold booting your Samsung tv. Follow the steps below to hard reset prime video on your Samsung tv.
- Pickup your Samsung smart tv remote.
- Now press and hold the power button on the remote until your Samsung tv turn off and turn back on again. This can take upto 10-20 seconds, so keep holding the power button on your Samsung smart tv remote.
This fix will work for most of the prime video users on Samsung tv. After this fix your prime video will start working on your Samsung tv without any issues.
Tip: If you’re getting something went wrong on prime video, then close the prime video app completely on your Samsung tv. You can do that by pressing the back button your Samsung tv remote. Now launch the prime video and the issues will be resolved on your Samsung smart tv
Also check: Hulu not working on firestick
Check For Prime Video Outage
Sometimes it’s not you or your Samsung smart tv, but the prime video itself. If prime video is down (prime video servers are not working in your area) then prime video will not work properly on your Samsung tv. You can get errors like something went wrong, connectivity problem or sometimes you can get stuck on loading screen forever due to prime video outage. To whether prime video is down or not, then you can visit downdetector. At downdetector you can find the status of prime video server. If you see that prime video is down, then there is not much you can do in this situation. So you need for wait for some time for prime video to fix issues at their end. When the problems are resolved at prime video end, then you’ll be able to stream prime video content on your Samsung tv without any issues.
Power Cycle Your Samsung Smart TV and Network Device
If for some reasons cold boot didn’t work for you, then try power cycle of your Samsung tv and your network device. Power cycle of your Samsung tv and your wifi router can help you in fixing prime video streaming issue on your Samsung tv. In order to do so follow the steps below.
- Turn off the Samsung smart tv using Samsung tv remote.
- Now unplug the Samsung tv from the power outlet.
- Also, unplug the router and modem from the wall.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now plug in your Samsung tv and your router, modem and turn them on.
- Connect your Samsung tv to the wifi.
After power cycle of your devices, launch the prime video app on your Samsung tv and check if the prime video streaming issues are fixed or not.
Tips: Press the back button on your samsung tv remote to exit the prime video app. Now open the app again and check if you’re able to stream content on prime video or not.
Deregister Your Device
Many users have reported that they were able to fix prime video on their Samsung tv by deregistering the device. To deregister your device follow the steps below:
- Go to the home of prime video.
- Now go to settings.
- Here select the option “deregister your device”.
- Now select deregister device and for confirmation select ok.
- Launch prime video and enter your login details.
Now after re-registering your device check if you’re able to use prime video on Samsung tv or not.
Also check: Fix green screen on roku tv
Update Your Samsung TV
If you’ve not updated your Samsung smart tv software for a long time then it can create some issues with apps. So make sure that your prime video is working properly try updating your Samsung smart tv.
- Hold the Samsung remote and press the home button.
- Press the left arrow key and go to the settings
- Now scroll down and select the support option.
- Select the software update option and press ok. (if the software update option is greyed out then switch to tv mode and then select software update.)
- If there is an update available then select the update now option.
When the update completes checking if the prime video is working on your Samsung tv or not.
Reset Your Samsung TV Network Settings
Some users have reported that they were able to play prime video on their Samsung tv after doing a network reset To reset the network setting on your Samsung smart tv follows the steps below:
- Press the home button of your Samsung remote.
- Go to the settings and then general and move right to select network and press ok.
- Move down to choose reset network press ok and select yes.
- When the reset is finished select Network Settings and choose your wireless or wired network and select ok.
- Select your network name and enter the password.
After establishing a connection with your network check if you’re able to play prime video on your Samsung smart tv.
Tip: Try deleting the prime video from your Samsung tv. Now add it back again, If delete option is not available then select reinstall and check if you’re able to play prime video on your Samsung tv or not.
Also check: Vizio smartcast not working
Reset Samsung TV Smart Hub Settings
If the prime video is not working on your Samsung tv, then reset of your smart hub settings on Samsung tv can help you. For Samsung smart hub reset you need to follow the steps below.
- Open settings on your Samsung smart tv.
- Now go to support.
- Choose self diagnosis.
- Now scroll down and select reset smart hub.
After smart hub reset process press and hold the power button your Samsung remote until the Samsung tv restarts. Now check if the prime video issues are fixed or not on your Samsung tv.
Reset Samsung TV to Factory Settings
If all the previous methods failed to provide you the solution then you should try a factory reset. This can fix the issue on your tv.
- Just like before press the Samsung menu button.
- Press the up or down button to select the support option and press enter button to open.
- Select the “Self-diagnosis” option and press enter key, select here reset option, and press enter.
- Put your security pin if you changed already or the default pin is 0000 and yes to confirm it.
When the reset completes, all the prime video issues will be fixed on your Samsung smart tv. Now you’ll be able to stream prime video on your Samsung tv without any issues.
Also check: Prime video not working on firestick fix
Contact Samsung and Amazon
If you’re still unable to stream prime video on your Samsung tv. Then you can try contacting the amazon prime video team and Samsung team for help with this problem. If this post helped you then also check our post on how to fix youtube tv not working on samsung smart tv.