Are you getting kicked out of prime video while watching a show or movie? Then don’t worry this is one of the most common problems faced by many prime video owners. Many users are keep getting kicked out of the prime video to their device home screen while streaming. This is happening on all major devices like roku, Samsung smart tv, fire stick, vizio, android, and iPhone also. most of the time prime video will kick you out because of a temporary glitch, due to a pending update, corrupted cache, and data. Sometimes you can face this issue if the prime video is down and not working. In this post, we’re going to explain how you can fix amazon prime video keeps kicking me out on your device.
Fix prime video keeps kicking me out on smart tv
Power cycle your smart tv
If the prime video keeps kicking you out on your smart tv (roku, TCL, Samsung, firetv, LG tv, etc). Then this first fix will resolve the problem for most smart tv owners. Most of the time smart tv owners are kicked out of any streaming service due to a temporary glitch. The power cycle will eliminate these glitches and help you in fixing the prime video crashing issue on your smart tv.
- Unplug your smart tv from the power outlet.
- Now press and hold the power button on your smart tv for 10-15 seconds.
- Unplug your router from the power socket.
- Wait for at least 10-15 min.
- Now first plug in your router and turn it on.
- Now plug in your smart tv and turn it on.
- Connect your smart tv to wifi.
Launch prime video and check if you are still facing the issue or not.
Tip: Go to downdetector and check if the prime video is down. If the prime video is down then you’ve to wait for some time for prime video to fix this issue.
Reinstall Prime video app
If amazon prime video keeps crashing and taking you back to the home screen on your device, then reinstalling the application can help you in fixing the issue. Where you are using prime video on a smart tv or a phone, reinstallation can help you in fixing the prime video kicking me out of the issue.
- Uninstall the prime video from your device.
- Now restart your device.
- Now install the latest version of the prime video on your device.
- Login to your account.
After reinstalling the prime video app issue will be resolved on your device.
Tip: Make sure that the prime video is up to date, also make sure that the device software is also updated to its latest version.
Fix prime video keeps kicking me out on roku
Update your roku
A bug was causing the prime video to crash on roku. But recently roku released an update fixing this issue. If the prime video keeps kicking you out on roku then try updating the software of roku manually by following the steps below.
- Go to the home screen then select settings.
- Scroll down and select the system.
- Now select system update.
- Select check now and update your roku device. Restart your roku device.
After updating the roku software check if amazon prime video is still crashing or not.
Related: How to cancel starz on amazon prime
Delete Prime video and re-add to roku
Deleting and re-adding prime video on roku helped many users fixing prime video keeps kicking out on roku device. You can follow the steps below to delete and re-add prime video to your roku device.
- Go to the home screen and look for the prime video.
- Now press the * button and select remove channel.
- Now go to settings> select system> system restart.
- When the roku restarts add prime video again.
- Login to your prime video account.
Now the issue will be resolved on your roku device.
Tips: Try clearing the roku cache by following these button combinations. Press home 5 times, up 1 time, rewind 2 times then fast forward 2 times. Now your roku device will restart in a few seconds. Launch prime video and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Also check: Hbo max not working on samsung tv fixed
Reset roku to factory settings
If none of the steps worked in fixing prime video keeps kicking me out on roku. Then resetting your roku device can help you in resolving the issue. Note that all the custom settings and data will be deleted after reset.
- Go to settings.
- Now select the system.
- Select Advanced system settings.
- Now select factory reset.
When the reset complete install prime video and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix prime video crashing on firestick or firetv
If the prime video keeps taking you back to your firestick or tv home screen then clearing the cache and data of prime video can help in fixing the issue. You can follow the steps below to clear prime video cache and data on firestick or fire tv.
- Go to home and select settings.
- Now select the application.
- Scroll down and select manage installed applications.
- Locate and select the prime video.
- First select force stop.
- Then select clear cache and clear data.
Now launch prime video and check if the issue is resolved on your fire stick or not.
Related: Fixed hulu not working on firestick
Reset firestick to factory settings
Resetting firestick to factory settings can resolve most of the issues with apps. But the downside is you’ve to redownload everything after reset. For fixing prime video keeps kicking me out on firestick you can follow the steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Now select firetv.
- Now select reset to factory defaults.
- Select reset for confirmation.
After resetting the fire stick install the latest version of the prime video on your firestick or firetv and check if the issue is resolved.
If you’re using any other smart tv you can try the power cycle by following the above steps for fixing prime video keeps kicking me out on your tv. You can also try updating device software and prime video and if that doesn’t help reinstall the prime video app.
Fix prime video keeps stopping on android
Many prime video users on android are getting kicked out of the prime video to their android phone home screen. They are getting a message saying prime video stopped on their android device. You can try the steps below for fixing the issue.
- Go to your android device settings.
- Now select the application.
- Locate prime video and tap on it.
- Now select storage access.
- Clear app cache and app data.
Now launch prime video and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix prime video keeps crashing on iPhone and android
If prime video is crashing and kicking you out on your android or iPhone device. Then reinstalling prime video on your phone can help you in resolving the issue.
- Delete the prime video app from your device.
- Now restart your iPhone or Android device.
- Now install the latest version or prime video on android or iPhone.
Check if the prime video is working properly or not.
Contact prime video
If you’re still getting kicked out of prime video on your device. Then contacting prime video directly can help you in fixing this issue. Contact prime video and address your issue the team at the prime video will help in fixing prime video crashing on your device.
If you’ve any suggestion or fix for this issue then do let us know from the comment section and also check how to fix hulu keeps kicking me out.