Are you facing issues while trying to stream peacock tv on your smart tv? And, want to know how to fix this issue. Well, you have arrived at the right place. Here you’ll get all the best possible solutions and methods that can help you in the peacock streaming app not working on your smart tv.
Why is My Peacock TV Not Working?
We’ve mentioned some possible causes that can stop peacock tv from functioning properly on your smart TVs.
- A Software bug: If there’s some software bug in your device then this can be the reason. To fix this, you need to reinstall the peacock Tv application on your device.
- An Outage: One of the most possible causes behind this error is server outage of the platform. Check the status of the Peacock Tv server and if there’s any then wait until peacock fixes it.
- Cache & Data: If you’ve not cleared the cache and data of Peacock TV’s application, then there are some chances that you might face this issue. Try to clear the cache and data of the application from the device’s settings.
- Outdated Firmware: This can be also the reason for the Peacock Tv Not working issue, try to update the firmware and check whether this resolves the issue or not.
How Do I Fix My Peacock TV Not Working Issue?
We’ve gathered some best and probable working solutions to resolve the Peacock Tv not working issue.
Out of Service Region
You’ll face this issue if you’re trying to use Peacock Tv out of the United States Territory. Because as you know that Peacock Tv is an American-based OTT streaming platform. Peacock TV’s content is Geo-block and only available in the United States Territory.
Peacock TV Outage?
If you’re using Peacock Tv in the US and still you’re encountering the issue then, you need to check the status of Peacock TV’s server. You can use a third-party application to check the server’s status. Visit downdetector and check if there’s any outage going on from Peacock TV’s end. If there’s any, wait until the peacock fixes it.
Also, check out the comment box to check whether it’s only you or others who are also facing the same issue.
Sign-Out of All Devices
Peacock Tv allows its users to create up to 6 different profiles on different devices and 3 user profiles at concurrent streams on one account.
And, If 3 people from different profiles are streaming at the same time and if you’re also trying to stream then your Peacock TV will send an error message stating that you’re not able to use there are too many streams in use.
So, to fix this you need to sign out your peacock account from all other devices.
Steps to Sign-Out of All Devices
- First of all, visit the Peacock Tv account page.
- Select the Devices.
- Then, Click on Sign Out All (under the other devices section).
- After that, click on Sign Out All Devices.
- Now, log in to your account and check whether this resolves the issue or not. If not, move on to the next solution.
Related: Fix hbo max black screen issue
Refresh the Peacock TV App/Website
Peacock TV App
If your Peacock TV isn’t responding then try to force stop and re-launch the application. Performing the Force Stop will stop the background process of the Peacock TV application.
- First of all, quit the Peacock TV and clear the recent app.
- Now, go to the settings and locate Apps.
- After that, locate Peacock TV and go to Force Stop.
- Lastly, Re-launch the Peacock TV application.
There’s no Force Stop Option in iOS devices.
Hard Refresh The Peacock TV Website
Before Hard Refreshing the Peacock TV website, try to perform a soft refresh by just clicking on the reload button. And, if you’re still facing the same issue then perform a Hard Refresh.
● Press Ctrl+F5 simultaneously. This will perform Hard Refresh
● Press Command+Option+R simultaneously.
Restart the Streaming Device
Tried refreshing the peacock tv but still getting the issue. Well, some users claimed that they were able to fix this issue by just rebooting their devices. So, try to reboot your streaming devices and check whether this resolves the issue or not.
Follow the steps to perform the reboot on your device;
On Android Devices
- Press and hold the power button until the reboot option appears.
- After that, tap on the Restart option.
- Once it’s done, go to the Peacock TV App and check if the issue is resolved.
On iOS Devices
- Press and hold the Power button until the Power off option appears.
- After that, Slide the power icon to the right side to power off your iOS device.
- Now, Wait for 30-40seconds and then, press and hold the power button again to power on your iOS device.
- Lastly, open the Peacock TV application on your iOS device and check whether this resolves the issue or not.
Power Cycle Smart TV (like Roku, Smart TV’s, Samsung TV, Firestick, Xbox)
Streaming devices like smart TVs, Roku, Firestick, etc, are connected to an electrical power outlet. So, to fix the Peacock TV Not working issue on these streaming devices there’s an effective power cycle method. Follow the steps as given below;
- First of all, turn off the streaming device and tv as well.
- After that, unplug all the cables including the HDMI and power cables.
- Now, wait for at least 60 seconds and plug all the cables back into the outlet correctly.
- Then, turn on your streaming device and Tv. Navigate to the Peacock TV and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Clear The Cache And Data of Peacock TV
If there’s a temporary glitch or bug then it can be resolved by clearing the cache and data of the Peacock Tv application. Follow the steps to clear the cache and data of Peacock Tv;
- Navigate to the device settings and,
- Then, scroll to the Apps & Notifications
- After that, locate Peacock Tv from the apps list.
- Go to the Storage & Cache and,
- Lastly, tap on Clear cache and then, Clear Data/storage.
If you’re using an iOS device for streaming and facing this issue then, you need to uninstall the application because there’s not a single way to clear the cache.
Update Peacock TV
As we discussed above, there are some possibilities that you might be facing this issue because of an outdated application. So, try to update your Peacock TV to its latest available versions.
Follow the steps to check the available updates of Peacock TV.
- Open the Play Store and tap on the Profile Icon.
- After that, Go to the Updates Available and locate Peacock TV in the list. Check if there’s any available update for Peacock TV. If there’s any then download and install it.
- Open the App Store on your iOS device and tap on the Profile icon.
- After that, locate Peacock Tv under the Upcoming Automatic Updates section.
- Update, if available.
- Press the Home button and locate Peacock TV from the channels grid.
- After that, press the asterisk (*) button and navigate to the Check for Updates option.
- If there’s any available update for Peacock Tv then install it.
- First of all, go to the Home screen and locate Apps ( three square and + icons)
- Then, Navigate to the Peacock TV and highlight it.
- After that, press the Three horizontal buttons on your Fire TV remote and go to More Info.
- Check if there’s any available update for Peacock Tv. And if there’s then update it.
Related: Netflix not working on vizio tv fix
Reinstall The Peacock TV
If there are no updates available for peacock tv and you’re not getting a way to fix this issue. So, let’s try one of the effective methods to fix this issue. Users claimed that they were able to fix this issue by reinstalling the Peacock Tv app on their streaming device.
- First of all, Navigate to the Peacock Tv app and tap/press and hold the app icon until the Uninstall/remove option appears.
- After that, select Uninstall/Remove app.
- Once you uninstall the application perform a reboot and go to the application store (play store or App Store).
- Search for the Peacock Tv and Install it again.
- Log in with your credentials and check whether the issue is gone or not.
Disable or Remove The VPN
If you’re using a VPN to access Peacock TV outside the US territory. But, suddenly your Peacock TV stops working and maybe your VPN is the only one that’s causing the issue. To fix this, try to disable or remove the VPN (on windows) as given below;
- First of all, go to the Settings and then navigate to the Network & Internet.
- Then, select VPN and,
- Choose the VPN connection that you want to disable.
- Lastly, click on Remove/Disconnect.
After removing the VPN, Reconnect it again and check whether this resolves the issue or not.
Verify Your Internet Connection
If your Peacock TV is still not working then, we recommend you verify your internet connection for once. Some users claimed that they were able to fix this issue by just reconnecting, switching, and rebooting their internet devices.
First of all, visit Fast.com to check the internet speed of your network. Peacock Tv requires a minimum speed of at least 2 to 5mbps to stream. If you’re not getting a required internet speed then, try to;
- Turn off the Mobile data and turn on the Wi-Fi.
Forget the Wi-Fi
- Or, go to the settings and forget the Wi-Fi and
- reconnect to the Wi-Fi after waiting for 2-3 minutes.
Restart the Router
- If you’re still facing the issue, Turn off your router (if you’re using WiFi for the internet) and unplug the power adapter from the power outlet. Wait for 30-60 seconds and plug the power adapter back into the power outlet.
Connect the streaming device using an ethernet cable
- If you’re facing this issue on Smart TV or pc then, try to use an ethernet cable for a stable and secure internet connection. Connect the ethernet cable securely and check if the issue is resolved.
Change the Position of Router
- You might be facing this issue just because of not getting good Wi-Fi signals. To fix this, try to change the position of your router and place it on a height.
Try To Stream On Another Device
The issue is not getting resolved? Try to change your device to stream Peacock TV. Suppose, you use Smart TV to stream Peacock TV and suddenly you encounter this issue on your Tv. So, try to use another device to stream and check whether it’s your TV that’s getting the issue or it’s a global outage.
Use your Smartphone or Fire TV or another device on which you can stream Peacock TV.
Related: Fix netflix stuck at 24
Stream Peacock Tv on Another Browser
Suppose you’re encountering this issue while streaming Peacock TV on a browser. In that case, we recommend you to use another browser to stream Peacock TV, e.g., If you’re using Google Chrome browser for streaming Peacock Tv then, try to launch Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari(ios) and visit the Peacock TV page and check if this resolves the issue.
Update Your Streaming Device
Issues can be resolved if you keep your devices up to date because a software update fixes the bug and improves the application. Users of peacock Tv also reported that they encountered this issue just because of not updating the Peacock Tv app to its latest version. So, update your streaming device to its latest available versions and try to fix this issue.
You can check available updates under the Software Update section or follow the steps that are mentioned below;
- Go to the Settings and scroll to the System.
- After that, locate System Updates and,
- here you can check for updates. Download and Install if there’s any update available.
- Go to the settings and navigate to the General.
- Then, go to the Software Update and check for available updates. If there are any available updates then download and install them.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Then go to the settings and select System.
- After that, select System Update.
- Select Check now to check for the available updates, if there is the latest update available then, download and install it.
- Go to the settings option.
- Now select the support option.
- Select the software update option.
- Select update now.
- First of all, go to the Settings and,
- Navigate to the My Fire Tv.
- Then, select About.
- Now, select Check for System Update. Download and install if there are any updates available.
Ensure Your Web Browser is Up-To-Date.
If your web browser is outdated, it can be the cause of Peacock Tv Not working. So to fix this out, you need to check and update your web browser to its latest available version. Below are the ways to check available updates for your web browser.
For Google Chrome
- Navigate to the three dots icon at the upper right corner of Chrome (the three dots will be colored green and indicate to update your Google Chrome, if it’s not there, follow the next step.)
- Now, head to the Settings, then go to the Security and Privacy option.
- After that, click on Check now under the Safety Check and check if there’s any update available for the Chrome browser.
For Microsoft Edge
- Navigate to the Main menu > Help & Feedback > About Microsoft Edge.
- Now, Microsoft Edge will start checking for updates. Download the updates (if available).
For Mozilla Firefox
- Head to the Main Menu > Help > About Mozilla Firefox.
- Now, check if any updates are available. Then, download it and restart your Mozilla Firefox and check if this resolves the issue.
Safari’s latest version is included with the Software update. So, to update the safari to its latest version, you need to check if there are any software updates available for your MacBook. Safari’s latest version is included with the Software update.
To check Software updates on macOS,
- Head to the System Preferences > Software updates and check if there’s any latest update available for your mac.
Disable Adblock Extensions
If you’re using an Adblock extension on your web browser, then it can lead you to the Peacock Tv Not working issue. Sometimes Adblock extensions disrupt the streaming platform to stream a show or movie. If you’re using an Adblock extension, try disabling it, and may it resolve your problem.
On Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge
- Visit the Peacock Tv web page and click on the Adblock icon/extension.
- A drop-down menu will appear; click on Always to pause the Adblock extension on the Peacock Tv web page
- Now your Adblock extension is disabled, refresh the Peacock Tv page and check if this fixes the issue.
- Head to the Safari option and then select Preferences.
- Now, click on the Extensions tab, navigate to the Adblock extension and uncheck it.
Factory Reset Your Device
If everything failed to work for you, and you’re experiencing the same issue and still stuck at the same place then, factory resetting the device could help you out. But before factory resetting the device you must have a backup of all your data and information.
Follow the steps to perform a factory reset on your device;
- First of all, go to the settings and then, go to the System.
- After that, locate Reset options.
- Next, select Erase All data (factory reset).
- Lastly again select Erase All data to reset your settings to the default settings.
- Navigate to the settings.
- Select General.
- Select Transfer or Reset iOS(iPhone/iPad).
- Next, select Erase All Content and then, select Done to confirm.
- Navigate to the settings.
- Scroll to the My Fire Tv.
- Next, locate Reset to factory defaults.
- Lastly, Select Reset to confirm.
- Press home on your roku remote.
- Scroll down and select settings.
- Select the system option.
- Now go to advanced system settings.
- Here select the factory reset option.
- Go to settings.
- Select support.
- Choose self diagnosis.
- Now choose reset smart hub.
If this doesn’t work then
- Go to settings again.
- Go to the general option.
- Scroll down and choose the reset option.
- Select yes for reset confirmation.
Peacock TV Support Center
Followed and tried all the steps, methods that are mentioned in this post but, still not able to fix this Peacock Tv Not working issue. Well, it’s time to raise and report your issue with the Peacock Tv customer support center. You’ll get the best assistance and fixes from their team. I Hope the Peacock customer assistance team will help you in fixing this issue.
It might be your slow Internet connection or an issue with your router that’s causing the issue. Try to verify your Internet connection and router to resolve this issue.
Due to hardware restrictions, Peacock tv is not available on the Older models of Samsung Tv. Peacock tv is only available from the Samsung Tv 2017 and later models.
Try to update your Peacock TV application or try to log in to your account on Peacock Tv. Check if you’re facing this issue there or not.
If this post helped you then share it with the world and also check how to fix hulu keeps kicking out issue.