Is your LG smart tv keeps turning on and off on its own? Then don’t worry this can be easily fixed with some troubleshooting steps. You can face this issue because of some technical issues, hardware issues, software issues, faults in settings, loose cable, damaged cable, and damaged wall outlet. Heavy users can also face LG tv restarting, again and again, issue, because the memory is not cleared when the quick start + feature is turned on. So in this scenario, your LG tv might restart to free up some memory. In this post, we’re going to explain how you can fix LG tv keeps restarting or when LG tv keeps turning off.
Why does my LG TV keeps turning on and off?
Below we’ve mentioned some reasons behind lg smart tv keeps turning off and on issue.
- Inappropriately plug AC cord: Your lg smart tv can start rebooting if the power cord is not connected properly.
- Damaged cables: Damaged cables are bad conductor of power so so it can prevent the current from going through properly.
- Bad power supply board: If the power supply board is damaged then your lg smart tv can start turning on and off.
- Remote battery: Some users reported that they were facing lg tv rebooting issue due to low battery power.
- Enabled quick start features: Some function of tv can also create this issue.
- Outdated TV firmware: You can face lg tv rebooting problem due to outdated firmware of the tv.
Fix LG TV Turning On and Off By Itself?
We’ve mentioned some working fixes below that can help you in fixing LG tv constantly rebooting issues.
Power Cycle Your LG Smart TV
- Turn off your LG smart tv.
- Now unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug it back into the power socket.
Now turn on your LG smart tv and check whether the issue is resolved or not. If your LG smart tv is still turning off by itself then follow other fixes from below.
Check Cable For Issues
First of all, make sure that the wire or cable which is connected to power is not damaged or broken. A damaged cable can cause your LG tv to restart again and again. If your LG smart tv power cable is damaged then replace or get your smart tv wire fixed by a technician. Some lg smart tv comes with removeable power cables, in this case make sure that the power cord is plugged in propelry into your tv. Try removing and reinserting the cable into the slot again, now check if the issue is fixed or not. You can also try replacing your LG smart tv power cord. Plugin your new power cord into the wall and back of your smart tv. Now turn on your LG smart tv and then if the issue is resolved or not.
Disable LG Smart TV Quick Start + Feature
Some LG tv owners have reported that disabling the quick start + feature can help you in fixing LG tv turning off by itself. To disable quick start + on your LG smart tv follow the steps below.
- Press the home button on your LG tv remote.
- Go to settings.
- Go to the general option.
- Now select the quick start + option.
- Turn off this feature.
Now after disabling the quick start + feature, wait for some time and check if the restarting issue is resolved or not.
Low Memory/Cache Overload
Sometimes your lg smart tv will reboot itself. This happen with heavy users (using 2,3 apps or higher video quality or bitrate) due to low memory or cache overload. In this case your lg smart tv will reboot itself to free up some ram and cache. In this case you’ll get a notification on your screen saying “This app will now restart to free up more memory”. To fix this issue you can close the apps and use one app at a time. Disabling the quick start + by following the steps in this post can also fix low memory or cache overload issue.
Or you can manually clean the cache on your lg smart tv by following the steps below.
- On your lg tv remote press smart or home button.
- Go to web browser and open its settings.
- Now use your remote to locate and select clear browsing data and hit ok.
- Again go to home screen and select settings.
- Now go to apps manager or application manager.
- Now select an app from the list and go to storage option. Now clear cache from here.
- Follow the steps above to clear cache of every app you use.
Now your lg smart tv will have enough memory to function properly.
Disable Auto Power Off Feature
Auto power off is a good feature for LG smart TVs. This feature turns off your smart tv automatically at your desired time. But some users forget that auto power-off feature after turning it on. Also, some users enable this feature on their LG smart tv by mistake. In such scenarios, you can follow the steps below to disable the auto power-off feature.
- Press the home button on your LG smart tv remote.
- Go to the all settings option.
- In the general option select time.
- Now select the timers option.
- From here disable the auto power-off option.
Now check if the LG tv keeps turning off and on the issue is resolved or not.
Note: Sometimes LG tv or any smart tv restart automatically due to lack of memory/ram. This naturally occurs with heavy tv users (people who use many apps on their smart tv simultaneously).
Disable SIMPLINK Feature
Simplink can cause your smart tv to turn on by itself. If your simplink is enabled then your smart tv can turn on if a device connected to your smart tv is turned on. Disabling SIMPLINK can help in fixing LG smart tv turning on issues.
- Press home on your LG tv remote.
- Go to the settings option.
- Now select the general option.
- Choose SIMPLINK.
- Now disable the auto power sync option.
Now check if the LG tv keeps turning on the issue is resolved or not. If not then try following other troubleshooting steps.
Clear Cache After Disabling Simplink and QuickStart Plus
Now After disabling the SIMPLINK and quick start plus feature you need to clear the cache on your LG smart tv. Because LG smart tv doesn’t clear cache when the quick start + feature is turned on. So now you need to clear the LG smart tv memory cache by following the steps below.
- Turn off your LG smart tv.
- Unplug your LG tv from the wall.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, plugin and turn your LG tv on.
Now try using your LG smart tv for a while. LG tv keeps restarting issue is fixed now on your smart tv.
Update Your LG Smart TV Firmware
LG says that some issues can be easily fixed with a software update. Maybe LG has already released an update for fixing the LG tv keeps turning on and off for your LG smart tv model. So a software update can sometimes help you in fixing this issue. To update the firmware of your LG smart tv follows the steps below.
- On your LG tv remote press the settings button.
- Now scroll down to select all settings.
- Go to the general option and select about this tv.
- Now select check for update.
- Download and install any pending update.
Now check if the LG smart tv keeps turning on and off issue is resolved or not.
Related: Fix vizio tv keeps turning off
Reset Your LG Smart TV To Initial Settings
If your LG smart tv is still restarting again and again. Then you can try resetting your LG smart tv to factory settings for fixing this issue. To factory reset your LG smart tv follow the steps below.
- Press the setting button on the LG tv remote.
- Go to all settings.
- Select the general option.
- Now select reset to initial settings.
- Enter the default pin 1234 or your pin for resetting your LG smart tv.
- Once the reset is complete follow the on-screen instruction to complete your LG smart tv setup.
Now LG tv keeps restarting issue will be resolved. But if the issue persists, then you might be facing this issue due to a hardware issue. You can face this issue if the main board of your LG smart tv is damaged. In this situation, you need to replace the mainboard with the help of a technician. You can get in touch with LG tv for getting help in fixing LG smart tv keeps turning off the issue. If this post helped you then also check our post on how to fix the LG tv black screen of death.
Your can lg smart tv can turn off and on itself due to heavy usage. As most smart tv comes with less memory, when that memory is full your lg smart tv can restart by itselft to free up some memory. You can also face lg tv keeps restarting issue due to technical glitch or hardware issue.
If your lg tv keeps turning off and red light is flashing, then you can try power cycling your lg tv by following the steps above. This can help you in fixing lg tv keeps turning off. This can also happens when you lg smart tvs main board is damaged. In this scenario you can either replace the main board by yourself or contact a technician for help.