Recently, many Hulu users reported that Hulu is skipping episodes forward. Sometimes the show is starting from the end, and sometimes Hulu completely skips an episode and start playing the next one. This issue is faced by a large amount of Hulu users. You can face Hulu skipping episode issues because of an outdated application, compatibility issue, slow internet speed, or a temporary technical glitch. We’ve mentioned some steps below that can help in fixing the Hulu skips episode issue on your device.
Fix Hulu Skipping Episodes or Movies Forward
Power Cycle Your Devices
If your Hulu is skipping episodes to the end, then a power cycle of your devices can help in fixing this issue. A power cycle will fix any technical glitch behind this issue. For power cycling your devices follow the steps below:
- First, turn off your smart tv.
- Unplug it from the power socket.
- Now press the physical power button on your smart tv for 15-30 seconds.
- Now unplug your router.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Plugin your router and turn it on.
- Now turn on your smart tv.
Now launch Hulu and check if it is still skipping shows, movies, or not. If you’re still facing the issue then follow the other fixes below.
Remove Show From Your Watch History
Some users have reported that removing the show from their watch history fixed the issue for their device. For fixing Hulu keeps skipping episodes follow the steps below.
- Go to Hulu.com
- Now visit the account page.
- Now select California privacy rights available under the privacy and settings.
- In the manage activity section click on watch history.
- Now from here, you can remove shows or movies from your watch history.
On smart tv
- Select the show or movie.
- Now select manage series/manage movies.
- Click on remove from watch history.
Now the show will start from the beginning. We also have a detailed guide on how to clear Hulu watch history. Now check if Hulu is still skipping episodes or not.
Create New Profile
Some users reported that they didn’t face skipping episodes issues after creating a new profile on their Hulu account. If you’re still facing skipping episodes on Hulu then try creating a new profile by following the steps below.
- Go to Hulu.com
- Hover over your name on the top right side and click on manage profiles.
- Now click on the (+) new profile icon.
- Fill out the information and click on create a profile.
On Your Smart TV
- Go to the profile screen and click on the + new profile option.
- From any other screen go to account > profile> + new profile.
- Fill out the information and select create profile.
After creating a new profile, use that profile to check if Hulu is still skipping episodes to the end or not.
Also check: Fix hulu black screen with audio
Reinstall Hulu App
Reinstalling an app can help in fixing issues with that app. If Hulu is still skipping episodes to the end then try reinstalling Hulu on your smartphone or smart tv. Doing this can help in fixing this issue.
- First, delete the Hulu app from your device.
- Now restart your smart tv or smartphone.
- Now install the latest version of Hulu on your device.
After reinstallation launch, Hulu and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Tip: An outdated system firmware and application can cause issues while streaming Hulu. So first update your system firmware and Hulu app to its latest version. After updating launch Hulu and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Also check: Fix hulu error code p-ts207
Reset Your Smart TV
Resetting your smart tv to factory settings can sometimes help in fixing Hulu skip to the end issue. You can follow the steps below to learn how to reset roku, fire tv, and Samsung smart tv.
- Press the home button on the roku remote.
- Scroll down and select the settings option.
- Go to the system and select advanced system settings.
- Now go to factory reset.
- Now choose factory reset everything.
- Go to settings.
- Select my fire tv.
- Now scroll down and select reset to factory defaults.
- Confirm the reset.
- On your Samsung tv first, go to settings.
- Now scroll down and select the support option.
- Now select self-diagnosis.
- Select the reset smart hub option.
After resetting your smart tv launch Hulu and check if Hulu skipping issue is fixed or not.
Fix Hulu Keeps Skipping Episodes on iPhone and Android
Android: If you’re facing this issue on your android smartphone then first try uninstalling and reinstalling the Hulu app. If that doesn’t work then press and hold the Hulu icon then tap on app info. Now first force stop the app thenq go to storage and clear cache and clear data from here. Launch Hulu and check if the issue is resolved or not.
iPhone: If Hulu is skipping episodes on your iPhone then try restarting your smartphone. If that doesn’t work, try reinstalling the app on your iPhone.
Are you still facing hulu episode skipping issue on your device, then try contacting hulu for help. They can help you in fixing hulu skipping episode to the end issue. If this post helped you then check our other post on how to fix hulu keeps kicking me out.