Many users of Hulu are frustrated because while streaming Hulu app closes and kick them back to the home screen of the screen device. Hulu app is kicking people out to the home screen on many devices like Roku, Samsung tv, and firestick. Mostly this is faced by amazon fire stick or fire tv users. The reasons Hulu keeps kicking you out are currently mostly unknown. Some of the known reasons are outdated apps, a temporary glitch with the device, a corrupted app, or Hulu logged into many devices. If your Hulu is also kicking you out then you try the fixes below to fix it.
How do I fix Hulu keeps crashing?
Completely restart Hulu
If your Hulu live tv or Hulu is crashing then you can try restarting your Hulu app. Restarting your Hulu app will eliminate any temporary glitch from your device. To do this fully close the Hulu app and turn off your device. After 2 min boots up your device and launch the Hulu app. Check if Hulu is working fine or not. If it is still crashing then make sure your internet connection is working properly. To check this you can launch youtube and play some videos. You can also check the internet connection speed at speedtest.net. Make sure you have the following internet speed for a smooth experience on Hulu:
- 3 Mbps for streaming Hulu content
- 8 Mbps for live streams
- 16 Mbps for 4k hdr contents
If your internet speed is good but you’re getting slow speed on the streaming device then try these tips:
- Move your router closer to your streaming device and place it higher.
- If possible, try using an ethernet connection.
If the internet is working fine then you can try other fixes from below.
Also check: How to remove shows from my stuff on hulu
Power Cycle Your Device
If Hulu is still kicking you out to the home screen of your device and you don’t know what to do, then doing a power cycle of devices is a good option. Many users on a different device (firestick, fire tv, Roku tv, Roku stick, Samsung smart tv, etc) have said that doing a power cycle fixes the Hulu crashing issue.
- Pull the plug of your router from the socket.
- Now pull the plug of your tv from the power source.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes, and after that plug in your router and let it boot up completely.
- When the router is booted up plug in your tv and start it.
- When your tv is completely booted up connect your tv to wifi.
- Launch the Hulu app and check if this fixes the issue.
Power cycling your devices will most likely fix the issue for your if the issue persists then there are some other fixes that you can try.
Also check: How to clear hulu watch history
Reinstall Hulu App
If the power cycle didn’t help then try uninstalling and installing the Hulu app again. This can help you in fixing the Hulu app that keeps kicking me out issue on your device. First, uninstall the Hulu app from your device. Now turn off your device for 5 minutes and turn it on after 5 min. Now install the Hulu app on your device. Launch the Hulu app and check if you’re able to use it or not without any issue. If you don’t know how to reinstall the Hulu app then check this page here to reinstall the Hulu app on a different device. After reinstallation Hulu crashing and kicking out the issue will be fixed on your device.
Tips: Try updating the hulu app to latest version as an outdate application can causing such issue on your device.
Fix Hulu kicking me out on Samsung tv
Cold boot your Samsung tv
You can cold boot your Samsung tv by using the Samsung tv remote to fix Hulu kicking me out issue on your device.
- Press and hold the power button on your Samsung tv remote until you see the Samsung logo on your screen. It can take up to 5-10 seconds.
- When the tv starts launch the Hulu app and check if it is working properly or not.
If the issue persists try clearing the cache and data off the Hulu app on your Samsung tv to fix this issue.
Clear Hulu app cache and data
- Press the home button on your remote.
- Open settings.
- Now go to apps.
- Now go to system apps.
- Look for Hulu and select it.
- Now select the clear cache option and press ok to confirm.
After clearing restart your tv by pressing and holding the power button on your remote for 5-10 seconds. Launch Hulu and check if you’re still facing the crashing issue or not. If the issue persist then check how to fix hulu not working on samsung smart tv.
Fix Hulu keeps kicking me out on firestick
First of all, make sure your firestick and Hulu app is up to date. To check this
- Go to settings
- Select my fire tv from the options.
- Now select about from the option.
- Scroll down and select check for updates. If there is an update available download and install it.
- After updating your fire stick software make sure your Hulu app is also updated.
Now check if Hulu is kicking you out to the home screen or not. If the issue persists try other fixes from below.
Restart your firestick
Restarting your firestick can sometimes help in fixing the Hulu keeps shutting me out issue on your device.
- Press and hold the select and play/pause button on your remote for 5-10 seconds. This will restart your firestick.
- Alternate method: Go to settings> then device> restart.
- After restarting launch the Hulu app and check if Hulu is still shutting you out or not.
Force Stop Hulu App
- Go to settings.
- Select application then select manage installed applications.
- Now search and select the Hulu app.
- Select force stop option from the list.
- If this doesn’t help then first clear cache and data then force stop.
- Launch the Hulu app you’ll not face any issue on your firestick.
Tip: Changing the audio settings to stereo can fix the app crashing issue on firestick. To make changes go to settings and select display & sound. Now select audio and then select surround sounds. In the surround sound select stereo. After making these changing restart your firestick and launch the Hulu app you’ll not face the crashing issue on your device.
Related: How to fix hulu error code p-ts207
Reset Firestick to factory settings
If Hulu is still shutting you out then resetting the firestick to the factory setting can help in fixing Hulu keeps kicking me out of the issue. To reset your firestick follow the steps below
- Go to settings
- Now select my fire tv
- Scroll down and select reset to factory defaults and select Reset to confirm.
After resetting the firestick to factory defaults Hulu crashing issue will be fixed on your firestick.
Fix Hulu keeps crashing on Roku
Fix 1: Unplug Roku
- Unplug your Roku from the power socket for 2 minutes.
- Now plug it back in and turn on your Roku.
- After restarting Hulu keeps kicking me out the issue will be fixed on your Roku device.
Tips: Try changing the hdmi1 to hdmi2 this has fixed the Hulu crashing issue for many Roku users.
Fix 2: Delete the Hulu app from your Roku device. Restart your Roku and reinstall the Hulu on your Roku device. Login to your Hulu account and you’ll not face Hulu keeps crashing issue on Roku.
Leave a comment letting us know which fix worked for you and also check our post on how to fix tcl roku tv black screen issue.