Recently updated on October 2nd, 2022 at 01:06 pm
Many hulu users are frustrated because while streaming, the Hulu app closes and kicks them out back to their device home screen. Hulu app is crashing on many devices like roku, firestick, Samsung smart tv etc. Mostly this hulu crashing is faced by firestick or firetv owners. If hulu is kicking you and bringing you to home screen then don’t worry we’re going to explain how you can fix this issue on your device.
Why is Hulu Crashing Again and Again?
Below we’ve mentioned some of the know reason behind hulu crashing problem.
- Hulu outage– If hulu is down, then you will not be able to stream movies or shows on hulu.
- Incompatible app– An outdated or incompatible app can also cause hulu to kick a user back to home screen.
- Corrupted cached data– If you’ve not cleared hulu can cache then you can come across some issues while using hulu.
- Slow internet– As hulu depends on your internet connection, so a slow internet connection can cause issues while using hulu.
How Do I Fix Hulu Crashing Issue?
If Hulu is crashing, then restarting your device, reinstalling the Hulu app, clearing app cache and data, power cycling your device, and fixing internet issue should fix the problem. If no solution works, then check for a Hulu outage. During outage hulu can crash on your device.
Completely Restart Hulu
If your Hulu live tv or Hulu is crashing or showing black screen then you can try restarting your Hulu app. Restarting your Hulu app will eliminate any temporary glitch from your device. To do this fully close the Hulu app and turn off your device. After 2 min boot up your device and launch the Hulu app. Check if Hulu is working fine or not.
Fix Your Internet Connection
Check your internet connection by launching YouTube and playing some videos, or checking your connection speed by using speedtest.net. If it is still crashing, then ensure that your internet connection is working properly. Make sure you have the following internet speed for a smooth experience on Hulu:
- 3 Mbps for streaming Hulu content
- 8 Mbps for live streams
- 16 Mbps for 4k hdr contents
If your internet speed is good but you’re getting slow speed on the streaming device then try these tips:
- Move your router closer to your streaming device and place it higher.
- If possible, try using an ethernet connection.
If the internet is working fine then you can try other fixes from below.
Also check: How to remove shows from my stuff on hulu
Power Cycle Your Streaming Device
A power cycle of your devices is a good option if Hulu keeps kicking you to the home screen of your device. Many users have said doing a power cycle on a different device (firestick, fire TV, Roku TV, Roku stick, Samsung smart TV, etc) will fix the issue with Hulu crashing.
- Pull the plug of your router from the socket.
- Now pull the plug of your tv from the power source.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes, and after that plug in your router and let it boot up completely.
- When the router is booted up plug in your tv and start it.
- When your tv is completely booted up connect your tv to wifi.
- Launch the Hulu app and check if this fixes the issue.
Power cycling your devices will most likely fix the issue for your if the issue persists then there are some other fixes that you can try.
Also check: How to clear hulu watch history
Is There Any Hulu Outage?
Tried power cycling the device, and still experiencing the Hulu keeps freezing issue there are some possibilities that there’s some issues or an outage from Hulu’s end. It will be better if you check the status of Hulu’s server. You can use third party applications or websites like, downdetector to check the status of the server, and you’ll get to know that you’re the only one or others are also facing the same problem. If you found that Hulu’s servers are down, then the first thing to do is wait for Hulu to fix it. And, if there’s no outage from Hulu’s end then proceed for the next step and try to resolve your issue.
Reinstall Hulu App on Your Device
If the power cycle didn’t help then try uninstalling and installing the Hulu app again. This can help you in fixing the Hulu app that keeps kicking me out issue on your device. First, uninstall the Hulu app from your device. Now turn off your device for 5 minutes and turn it on after 5 min. Now install the Hulu app on your device. Launch the Hulu app and check if you’re able to use it or not without any issue. If you don’t know how to reinstall the Hulu app then check this page here to reinstall the Hulu app on a different device. After reinstallation Hulu crashing and kicking out the issue will be fixed on your device.
Tips: Try updating the hulu app to latest version as an outdate application can causing such issue on your device.
Set Playback Quality to Standard
Why does Hulu keep kicking me out? If you’re experiencing the Hulu keeps kicking me out issue while streaming a show or movie, maybe your Hulu playback settings is set to the best available quality settings and your device isn’t able to handle that quality, so try to set the playback settings to low. Follow the steps provided below to change the playback quality;
- First of all, open the Hulu app on your device and navigate to the Profile option.
- Now, Go to the settings and locate Cellular Data Usage.
- After that, Select the Data Saver option (opting this option, will play your content at the standard quality) and quit the settings page.
Lastly, after changing the settings to standard quality. Try to stream a content and check if Hulu is still crashing or not.
Log – out Hulu Account From Other Devices
Another cause of hulu keeps on crashing, is the number of your accounts login have reached its maximum number. So, to log out your Hulu account from all other devices you just have to follow the steps given below;
- First of all, open a web browser and navigate to your account page and log in with your credentials.
- After that, go to your account and,
- Open Manage Devices and remove all the devices from your Hulu account.
- Now, quit Manage devices and open Protect your account (under the Privacy and settings section).
- Choose Log out of all computers. Once Hulu is logged out from all devices, open Hulu on your device and log in with your credentials and check if the issue persists or not. If it’s still here then,
- Create a new Hulu profile and check whether this resolves the issue or not.
Fix Hulu Keeps Crashing on Samsung Smart TV
Cold boot your Samsung TV
You can cold boot your Samsung tv by using the Samsung tv remote to fix Hulu kicking me out issue on your device.
- Press and hold the power button on your Samsung tv remote until you see the Samsung logo on your screen. It can take up to 5-10 seconds.
- When the tv starts launch the Hulu app and check if it is working properly or not.
If the issue persists try clearing the cache and data off the Hulu app on your Samsung tv to fix this issue.
Clear Hulu app cache and data
- Press the home button on your remote.
- Open settings.
- Now go to apps.
- Now go to system apps.
- Look for Hulu and select it.
- Now select the clear cache option and press ok to confirm.
After clearing restart your tv by pressing and holding the power button on your remote for 5-10 seconds. Launch Hulu and check if you’re still facing the crashing issue or not. If the issue persist then check how to fix hulu not working on samsung smart tv.
Fix Hulu Keeps Crashing on Firestick
First of all, make sure your firestick and Hulu app is up to date. To check this
- Go to settings
- Select my fire tv from the options.
- Now select about from the option.
- Scroll down and select check for updates. If there is an update available download and install it.
- After updating your fire stick software make sure your Hulu app is also updated.
Now check if Hulu is kicking you out to the home screen or not. If the issue persists try other fixes from below.
Restart Your firestick
Restarting your firestick can sometimes help in fixing the Hulu keeps shutting me out issue on your device.
- Press and hold the select and play/pause button on your remote for 5-10 seconds. This will restart your firestick.
- Alternate method: Go to settings> then device> restart.
- After restarting launch the Hulu app and check if Hulu is still shutting you out or not.
Force Stop Hulu App
- Go to settings.
- Select application then select manage installed applications.
- Now search and select the Hulu app.
- Select force stop option from the list.
- If this doesn’t help then first clear cache and data then force stop.
- Launch the Hulu app you’ll not face any issue on your firestick.
Tip: Changing the audio settings to stereo can fix the app crashing issue on firestick. To make changes go to settings and select display & sound. Now select audio and then select surround sounds. In the surround sound select stereo. After making these changing restart your firestick and launch the Hulu app you’ll not face the crashing issue on your device.
Related: How to fix hulu error code p-ts207
Reset Firestick to Factory Settings
If Hulu is still shutting you out then resetting the firestick to the factory setting can help in fixing Hulu keeps kicking me out of the issue. To reset your firestick follow the steps below
- Go to settings
- Now select my fire tv
- Scroll down and select reset to factory defaults and select Reset to confirm.
After resetting the firestick to factory defaults Hulu crashing issue will be fixed on your firestick.
Fix Hulu Keeps Crashing on Roku
Fix 1: Unplug Roku
- Unplug your Roku from the power socket for 2 minutes.
- Now plug it back in and turn on your Roku.
- After restarting Hulu keeps kicking me out the issue will be fixed on your Roku device.
Tips: Try changing the hdmi1 to hdmi2 this has fixed the Hulu crashing issue for many Roku users.
Fix 2: Delete the Hulu app from your Roku device. Restart your Roku and reinstall the Hulu on your Roku device. Login to your Hulu account and you’ll not face Hulu keeps crashing issue on Roku. If you’re still facing issue then check our detailed guide on what to do when hulu is not working on roku.
If your TV is not updated to its latest version, the Hulu app is not updated or maybe your smart tv is no longer able to support Hulu. These are the possible causes of the freezing issue. To fix this issue follow the above mentioned steps.
If your Hulu app keeps on restarting then maybe your Auto turn-off feature is enabled. To disable it follow the steps;
Disable Auto-Turn off Feature
● Open Hulu on your device and navigate to the settings.
● After that, locate ‘Stop Live TV when Inactive‘ and turn it off.
Leave a comment letting us know which fix worked for you and also check our post on how to fix tcl roku tv black screen issue.