The flickering green screen is one of the most annoying issues faced by Hulu users whenever they try to stream on their smart tv. Many people also assume that their smart tv is dying and causing this issue. This is not always the case behind the green screen issue. You can face Hulu green screen issue if the HDMI cables are not plugged in properly into the smart tv or due to a temporary glitch or because of a faulty setting. Hulu green screen issue is mostly faced by LG smart tv owners. We’ve done some research and found some working fix that can help you in resolving the green screen issue while streaming Hulu on your smart tv.
How do I fix the green screen on Hulu?
Power cycle your device
The most common fix for such an issue is the power cycle of your devices. A power cycle can eliminate any temporary glitch from your device. This can help you in fixing Hulu flickering green screen or green bars while streaming Hulu.
- First, unplug your streaming device.
- Now press the power button on your smart tv for 10-20 seconds.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Plugin your smart tv and turn it on.
- Now launch Hulu and check if the Hulu green screen issue is fixed.
Power cycling your device will most likely fix the green screen issue on Hulu. If you’re still getting the issue you can try out the other fixes from below.
Tip: Make sure that all the HDMI cables and other wires are inserted properly in the receivers. Try removing the HDMI cable and reinsert the cable properly. Now check if the green screen is fixed on your tv.
If you’re facing this issue on samsung tv, then check our post on how to fix green screen issue on samsung smart tv.
Close and Reopen Hulu App
Restarting the Hulu app can fix the green screen problem on some devices. If you’re also facing a green screen issue while streaming Hulu then log out and close the app completely. Now launch the Hulu app and log in to your account. Now try streaming to see if the Hulu green screen issue is fixed or not. There are two more temporary fixes for this which are mentioned below.
- Try fast-forwarding or rewinding show a few minutes, this can sometimes help in fixing the green screen issue on your device.
- If you’re getting a green flickering screen or green bars while streaming Hulu live then you can try streaming a show for a couple of minutes. After that go to Hulu live and you’ll not face a green screen issue.
Tip: Make sure that your device software is up to date. Also, try updating your Hulu app to fix this issue.
Reinstall Hulu app
Some users have reported that they were able to fix the Hulu green screen issue by reinstalling the Hulu app on their device. You can also try this to fix the flickering green screen while streaming Hulu.
- Uninstall the Hulu app from your device.
- Restart your device.
- Now download and install the latest version of Hulu.
- Login to your account and check if the Hulu green bars issue is fixed or not.
Related: Roku tv owners can check our post on how to fix roku tv green screen issue.
Fix Hulu green screen on LG TV
If you’re seeing green bars flickering while streaming Hulu on your LG tv. Then you can try out the quick fixes we’ve mentioned below to fix Hulu green screen on LG tv.
Run Picture test
- Go to settings and choose all settings.
- Now select the picture.
- Scroll down and select picture test. (Picture test will look for a problem with picture quality)
- After doing the picture test Hulu green screen issue will be fixed.
Turn off energy saving
- Go to settings and select all settings.
- Now again select the picture.
- Scroll down and turn off energy saving.
- After disabling energy saving you won’t face a green flickering screen on Hulu.
Change picture mode
- Open settings and select all settings.
- Now select the picture.
- Now change the picture mode settings to other modes e.g. Game/sports.
- After changing picture mode launch Hulu and check if the green screen issue is fixed.
After making these changes Hulu green screen problem will be fixed on your LG smart tv. Hulu and lg both are aware of the issue and they are working on a fix for this issue.