Is your Hulu app not working on your Samsung smart tv? If your Hulu app is frozen, not loading, stuck on the welcome screen, or frozen and unresponsive on your Samsung smart tv, then you’re at the right place. Samsung tv’s Hulu app not opening or not working is an issue faced by many Samsung tv owners from the last couple of months. The main reason for this issue is a corrupted cached data on your tv. Also, smart TVs are not that powerful so this type of issue can error on them very often. We’ve investigated the issue and found some solutions that can help you in fixing the Hulu app not working on Samsung tv.
How do I fix the Hulu app not working on Samsung tv?
Cold boot your Samsung tv
You can cold boot your Samsung smart tv with the help of your remote. This can fix the Hulu not loading issue on your Samsung tv:
- Pick up your Samsung smart tv remote.
- Now press and hold the power button on your remote until the Samsung tv turns off and turns on. This can take between 5-10 seconds.
Now after doing cold boot open your Hulu app and check if you’re still getting the issue or not.
Note: Make sure the internet is working properly. To check this open any other service like Youtube on your samsung smart tv and check if you’re able to play any video on Youtube or not.
Power cycle your Samsung tv
If the cold boot didn’t help then you can try doing a power cycle of your smart tv and your router. This will fix the Hulu app not opening on your Samsung smart tv:
- Pull the plug of your Samsung smart tv and your router from the power socket.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Now plug your router and tv into a power source and turn them on.
- Connect your tv to your router.
After this launch the app on your Samsung tv and check if this fixed the issue or not.
Related: Fix hulu error code p-ts207
Update Samsung smart tv software
Many people reported that updating the Samsung tv software fixes the Hulu app not working issue for them. To update your Samsung tv software follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the home button on your Samsung tv remote.
- Go to settings.
- Now go down and select the support option.
- Now select the software update option.
- Select update now and if there is an update available press yes for confirmation.
After updating the software of Samsung smart tv check if the Hulu app is opening on your tv or not.
Tips: Close the Hulu app completely and open it again to see if this fixes the issue on your samsung smart tv.
Also check: How to fix hulu not working on roku
Delete and re-add Hulu
You can try deleting the Hulu app from your Samsung tv and reinstall it again. Many users reported that this fixed the issue for them. To reinstall Hulu on Samsung smart tv follow the steps below:
- Go to the app section and settings option.
- Now go to Hulu and select delete.
- Press the home button.
- Now go search option and type Hulu.
- Select Hulu and click on install.
After reinstalling the Hulu app check if you’re able to open the Hulu app properly on your Samsung smart tv or not.
Reset Samsung smart hub
Resetting the smart hub can fix the Hulu app not loading issue on your Samsung smart tv. To reset the smart hub follow the steps below:
- Press the home button and select settings.
- Now select the support option.
- Scroll down and select self-diagnosis.
- Now scroll down and select reset the smart hub.
- Enter the pin to confirm.
- Now all the smart hub settings, account and download app on your Samsung smart tv will reset.
When the reset complete launch the Hulu app and check if you’re able to open Hulu properly or not.
Related: Fix hulu not working on firestick
Reset Samsung smart tv to factory settings
If the Hulu app is still not loading or working on your Samsung smart tv then resetting your tv to factory settings might help you. Note everything downloaded and every manual setting will be erased after this. To reset your Samsung smart tv follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your remote and select the settings option.
- Now scroll down and select the general option.
- Now scroll down and select the reset option.
- Enter your pin to reset.
- When the reset complete setup your tv and install the Hulu app.
After resetting your Samsung smart tv you’ll be able to use Hulu on your tv.
Contact Samsung for help
If none of the steps helped you then you can try contacting the Samsung tv for help. You can also report this issue to the Hulu team they can also help you in fixing the Hulu issue on your Samsung smart tv.
If this post helped you then also check how to fix the amazon prime video not working on Samsung smart tv.