After installing discord on your pc, you’ll come across a discord auto startup issue on your pc. A lot of first-time users and also old users are not aware of the method to stop discord from opening on startup. But don’t worry you’re in right place, in this post we’re going to explain how you can stop discord from opening on the startup of windows pc.
How to Disable Discord Auto Start-up from Discordapp
Discord app on windows/mac has a feature that automatically allows Discord to open your computer’s startup. But, if you don’t like this Discord feature or want to disable it, you can disable it from the discord user settings. Here are the steps to disable open Discord on startup:
- Open discord and click on the user settings option (gear icon) from the bottom left side of the screen.
- Now from the option available on the left side click on windows settings.
- Now toggle off the open discord option.
- Disabling this option will stop discord from opening on startup.
After applying these steps discord will not open again on startup. But you can manually open it without any issues. There is an alternate way to disable the discord auto startup which is mentioned below.
Also check: How to appear offline on discord
Disable Discord Auto Startup From Task Manager (UPDATED)
Not many people know this but after a recent update, you’ll not find the discord app under the startup tab in task manager. Because of this, the older method doesn’t help in disabling the auto startup of the discord app from the task manager. But don’t worry we have got the updated method to stop discord from opening on startup with the help of the task manager.
- Right-click on the taskbar and clPress Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click on Task Manager or right-click on the taskbar and click on the task manager
- Now click on the startup tab.
- Now, locate “Discord” and click on Disable. If Discord isn’t in the list, locate “Update (Publisher – GitHub)” and click on Disable.
- Now restart your PC, now discord will not open on startup.
With the help of these two steps, you can easily disable the auto startup of discord on your pc. If you want to enable it again then follow the steps below.
Also check: Fix discord keeps crashing
How do I Disable Discord Autostart on Mac?
Can’t stop Discord from opening on startup. If disabling the “Open Discord” didn’t work for you, try out the steps mentioned below;
- Click on the Apple icon (In the top left corner of the screen).
- Then, click on System Preferences.
- After that, navigate to the Users & groups option. Now. Select the current user and then click on the Login Items tab.
- Now, locate Discord under the Login items list.
- Left-click on Discord and then click on the Minus symbol.
With the help of these steps, you can easily disable the auto startup of Discord on your pc. But, if you want to enable it again, follow the steps below.
Enable Opening of Discord on Startup
If you want to enable the opening of discord on startup then follow the steps below:
- From discord app:
- Open discord and click on the user setting option from the bottom left side of the screen.
- Now click on the windows settings.
- Now toggle on the open discord option.
- From task manager:
- Right-click on the taskbar and click on task manager.
- Now click on the startup tab.
- Now click on update and click on the enable button.
By following theYou can easily enable or disable Discord from opening on startup by following these two methods. If you’ve suggestion regarding this post then do let us know from the comment box and also check how to fix rtc connecting error on discord.