Microsoft launched a lot of features with its latest version windows 10. One of them lets you pin contacts to your taskbar in Windows 10. You can pin your friends or your loved ones’ contact to the taskbar or start menu. In this post, we’re going to explain to your how to pin or unpin a contact from your taskbar.
Why Pin a Contact on Taskbar
First of all, you need to sync your contact with people app by using your Google or iCloud account. After importing your account you can pin any of your frequently contacted person contact to the taskbar. Pinning a contact helps you to make your work more efficient. You can send your mails and also can do Skype calls by just tapping on the contact from the taskbar. This pinning feature also work with task bar automatic hiding enabled.
Steps to Pin a Contact to Taskbar
To pin a contact to your taskbar follow these steps below:
1. Go to Start or type People in the search bar (on the right side of the Start button). And, open People’s App.
- Choose the contact which you’d like to pin to the taskbar. To pin contact to the taskbar you need to right-click on the contact and a pop-up menu will appear. Now from the option click on pin to taskbar
- Open people’s app and select the contact which you’d like to pin on the taskbar.
- On the right, you’ll see your contact details like name, phone number, and email address. Take your cursor to the top-right corner.
- click on pin button
- Now click on Pin to Taskbar.
- After that, a pop-up window will appear, asking you to pin the contact to the taskbar, click on Pin.
- You can also edit your contact details from the taskbar
Steps to Unpin a Contact from Taskbar.
You can easily unpin contact from the taskbar. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the contact (pinned on the taskbar)
- Right-click on the contact and click on Unpin from the taskbar.
- Go and click on the contact (pinned on the taskbar).
- Click on three dots … (at the top-right corner).
- And, click on Unpin from the taskbar
Steps to Pin a Contact to Start on Windows 10
You can also pin a contact to your start menu. Follow the steps below to pin a contact to the start menu on windows 10
- Go to Start or type People in the search bar. Open People’s App.
- Go to the contact that you’d like to pin to start.
- Make a right-click and choose Pin to Start.
- Now click on yes to pin this contact to start menu
- You can also resize the contact size in the start menu. Right click on the pinned contact and click on resize and choose from different available sizes.
Check how to fix start menu not working on windows 10
Steps to Unpin a contact from Start
To Unpin your contact from Start menu follow these steps
1. Click on Start.
2. Go to the Right side and scroll down and locate your contact.
3. Make a right-click on your contact and choose Unpin from Start.
Conclusion: Pinning your contact to taskbar or start menu can speed up your work. You can easily access contacts from the taskbar. To pin a task just chose the contact from people application and right click on the contact chose pin to taskbar or pin to start menu.
So was this helpful? Let us know from the comment box.