What is host mode on twitch?
Wondering How to host Someone on twitch? Host mode is a feature on everyone’s twitch channel. Let’s imagine you’re done streaming for the day but you don’t want to sign-out and want to remain connected to your viewers in your chat room. Now in this situation, twitch host mode comes into the play. Now you enable host mode in this mode your steam (video player) is now replaced by someone else channel stream which you’ve selected to host on your channel. This is a great strategy as you are having interaction with your viewers in your chat community and you’re also helping other streamers on twitch to help promote their channel.
Host someone on twitch with these steps
Hosting someone’s channel on your channel has its advantage and disadvantages we’ll discuss that later. But first here are steps on how do you host someone on twitch
Method 1: How to host someone on twitch using Desktop
- Open your browser and go to https://www.twitch.tv (You can choose any browser you want on your mac or windows)
- Click on Log-in from the top right corner of your screen and fill in your credentials to log in to your account. You can also create your account from the top right corner in case you don’t have an account just click on signup
- After filling login details and clicking on login, Twitch will ask for 6 digit code that you’ve received on your mail. Enter that 6 digit code and click submit
- Click on channel option, this will open your channel and your chatroom on the right side of your screen
- Now in your chatbox, you’ve to type /host with the name of the channel you want to host. For example, if you want to host a channel with name droidgaming, you’ve to type /host droidgaming. Now after executing this command, your viewers will now see the channel that you’ve decided to host on your channel. You and your viewers can interact with each other in the chatroom, but all the views will be counted towards the channel that you’ve decided to host.When you want to stop hosting someone on twitch, you need to type /unhost in the chatbox.
Method 2. Steps to host someone on Twitch using the mobile app
- You need to download twitch app from play store or incase of ios app store
- After installing the app on your device, open the twitch app
- Fill your information in the username and password section and solve the caption then click on the login. Twitch will ask for 6 digit password that you’ve received on your mail. Enter the digit code and press submit.
- After login click on the green user icon from the top left corner.
- Now Click on “chat” option available below view dashboard
- In the chat box type /host with the name of the channel you want to host. For example, if you want to host a channel with name droidtheory, you’ve to type /host drodtheory and press send button. Now after executing this command, your viewers will now see the channel that you’ve decided to host on your channel. You and your viewers can interact with each other in the chatroom, but all the views will be counted towards the channel that you’ve decided to host.
- For finishing hosting, in the chatbox type /unhost.
Note: You can only host one channel at a time. You can host upto three times in given 30 minute periods
How to Use Auto Mode on Twitch
Auto host mode is a feature on twitch which lets you host channels automatically when you’re offline. You can select a list of channels for auto host mode or you can choose your host team member for auto host mode. You can also customize selected channels to be hosted in order, or twitch will randomly host channels selected by you. Follow the steps below for enabling auto host.
- Click on your profile icon from the top right corner of screen and click on settings
- Now Click on “Channel and videos” option next to twitch turbo
- Scroll down you’ll find auto hosting section. Here you’ll find option to auto host channels. You can enable auto host from here. You can also host team channels. In this section you’ll also find the option to host your recorded videos, of an event and premiere events of E3 etc.
- You can set hosting priority from the options to customize the order of hosting channel that you’ve selected or you can select the option host channel randomly.
- To add channel to your auto host click on host list.
- You’ll get a search box to search and add them to your channel auto host list.
Benefits of hosting someone on twitch
Using hosting mode can be beneficial for your twitch channel. Using host mode keeps your community together when you’re not online. You can choose from any channel or you can host gaming events on your channel like E3. It helps your community to understand your personality well as you share what you like on your channel when you’re offline. Hosting also support new channels to grow. You can also host music events on your channel when you’re offline. When you’re offline your channels is moved to live hosts section. So the host mode has its own benefits.
Disadvantages of host mode on twitch
Hosting has some disadvantages also. When you host someone on your channel you trust the channel. If you’re unaware of what the other channel is going to play on his/her channel it can hurt your channel. For example if you’re channel is for a younger audience but the hosting channel plays some games dedicated to a mature community then this will hurt your channel. Also your communication with your community become weak when you’re in host mode.
Conclusion. : Hosting someone on twitch is very easy task you can follow instruction mentioned above. Rather than hosting someone on your channel you can select a music event or gaming event or you can choose VOD for your channel.
We hope that we are able to solve this query. For any other query comment below. Read our post on how to download steam cloud save files to fix your steam client issue