If you’re a fan of Anime, you’ve probably heard of Funimation. It’s a popular streaming service that offers a vast selection of anime shows and movies. Unfortunately, the App doesn’t always work as it should.
Sometimes it stops working, crashes, or stuck on loading, which can be frustrating. If you’re trying to use the Funimation app and it’s not working, you’re not alone.
Recently, we’ve seen several Funimation users reporting that their Funimation app is not working and keeps on crashing.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the common issues that can cause the Funimation app to crash, as well as some potential solutions.
Why is the Funimation App Not Working, Loading, and Keeps on Crashing?
The Funimation app may not be working, loading, or crashing for a variety of reasons. Some possible causes include the following:
- There is not enough storage space on the device for the App.
- Another reason could be that your internet connection is not working fine.
- The App is not up to date.
- The cache and data of the Funimation app got corrupted.
- Lastly, the App could be experiencing technical difficulties.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, we recommend you follow the methods and steps given in this post.
How To Fix Funimation App Not Working?
To fix this, first check the server report of Funimation, troubleshoot your internet devices, relogin to your Funimation account, clear the Funimation app cache and data, update the app to latest version, reboot your streaming device, or uninstall and, then reinstall the Funimation on your device.
Check if the Funimation server down
If the Funimation app is not working or crashing, the Funimation server may be down. You can visit the Funimation Server Status to check if this is the case. It will be posted there if there is an alert about the server being down.
Fix your network connection.
An app cannot run without a proper internet connection; slow internet always causes problems, such as apps not loading correctly.
To check this, visit speedtest.net and check the internet speed. If your internet is running slow or having some issues, then follow the below-given steps to fix your internet and stop the Funimation from crashing.
- Hard reboot your Router.
- Place the Router at a higher place.
- Keep your Wi-Fi away from other electronic devices (such as baby monitors).
- Try using an ethernet cable to connect the device to the Router.
- Disconnect other devices to your home network.
If nothing helps you out, try calling the ISP and asking them to fix the issue.
Re-Login to Funimation
The next thing you can do is, log out of your Funimation account and then log back into your account.
Doing so will fix the issue, and you can enjoy your anime shows.
iOS and Android Devices
- Launch the Funimation app and tap on the Menu icon
- After that, tap the “Log Out” option.
- Press C or 3 on your remote to open the App’s menu.
- Now, head to Settings and select it
- After that, push 4 or <<| to skip to the end of the list.
- And then, select the “Log Out” option.
- Press the Menu button on your Apple TV remote to open the App’s menu.
- Now, navigate to Settings and select it
- After that, locate the “Log Out” option.
- And then select the “Log Out” option to log out of your Funimation account.
Lastly, head to the Login page/section and enter your credentials to re-login to your Funimation
Clear Funimation App Cache and Data
If your Funimation app is still crashing or not working correctly, one possible fix is to clear the App’s cache and data. This can be done by going to the;
On Android Devices;
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your device.
- Then, select Apps (or Applications).
- From there, locate Funimation in the list of installed apps and tap on it.
- Lastly, select the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.
On iOS Devices;
Well, there’s no such option to delete your app cache or data. The only thing you can do is, uninstall the Funimation app and reinstall it from the App Store.
account on your devices. And start streaming Anime to see if this fixes the issue.
Update the Funimation application
If you are still experiencing crashing or freezing issues with the Funimation app, ensure you are running the latest version. To check this;
- Navigate to the PlayStore on your Android device.
- Now, search Funimation in the search bar.
- And check if there’s any Update option next to the Funimation app.
- If there’s any, tap/select it and update the Funimation app to the latest version.
- Navigate to the App on your iOS device.
- Now, search Funimation using the search bar.
- Then, check if there’s any Update option next to the Funimation.
- If there’s any, tap on it and install the latest version of Funimation.
Lastly, launch the Funimation app and stream an Anime to see if this resolves the issue. If not, move on to the next one.
Note: Your devices might be having some compatibility issues. To check this, visit the Play Store, App Store, or Application Store of your streaming device and locate the About Section to check the device and OS requirements of the Funimation app.
Reboot your Device
Funimation app still keeps on crashing or not working properly? If so, try restarting your streaming. This will clear any temporary data that may be causing the problem and reload the operating system.
To restart your device, follow the given steps;
Smartphone or Tablet;
- Press and hold the Power button on your device for 2-4 seconds.
- Now, tap on Restart or Power Off.
- After that, wait until your device restarts appropriately.
TVs and Consoles
- Unplug your Smart TV or Console from the power outlet and plug it back in.
- Once it’s restarted, try relaunching the Funimation app.
Reinstall the Funimation application
If you are still unable to get past the crashing, loading, or not working issue on Funimation, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Doing this will remove all the data (including corrupted data, if any) related to the Funimation app and might fix the issue you’re facing right now.
To uninstall and then reinstall the Funimation application, follow the below-given steps;
- Go to the Settings.
- Now, select Apps and then Manage apps.
- After that, locate the Funimation app in the list and choose Uninstall.
Now, go to the Play store and install the Funimation app.
- Head to Settings and then tap on General.
- Now, scroll down to locate Storage.
- After that, tap on Funimation > Delete.
Afterward, go to the App Store and install the Funimation app again.
If nothing is helping you out, then try reaching out the Funimation support for assistance. Contact their customer support page and ask for a resolution to your concern.
You can also contact your Streaming device support if the issue is not from Funimation’s end.
More Helpful Guides;