Where do Archived Emails go in Gmail
A person normally receives a dozen emails in their Gmail account. Instead of deleting emails, you can archive emails in your Gmail account. So that if you need them in the future you can find them in the archived section. In this post, we’re going to explain how to find archived Emails in Gmail.
Archiving your emails in Gmail helps you organize your inbox. You’ll have fewer emails in your Gmail inbox and you can use/read archive emails later.
Follow the steps mentioned below to Find the archived email in Gmail.
How to Access Archived Emails in Gmail
Find archived emails in Gmail by following the steps mentioned below
- Go to https://www.google.com/gmail/ or open your Gmail app on your mobile device.
- Click on sign in and fill your login credential to log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the search bar on the top of the screen which says “search mail”
- Now in this search bar, you can type the sender’s email address, subject of the email, any keyword, or line you remember from the mail and press enter. An example I’ve archived a mail from Reddit, so I’ll type Reddit in the search bar and the archived Reddit email will show
Note: To identify an archived mail from the list, you can see that the normal mail will have a tag “inbox” written before the subject of the mail. But, archived mail doesn’t have an inbox written next to the subject.
Find Archived Emails from All Mails
If you don’t remember the subject or sender email or name of the email to search in the search box, you can try this method to find the archive email in your Gmail. Follow these steps to access you all mail section:
- Open your Gmail Account
- From the options available on the right side of the screen click on more.
- Now click on All Mail
- Here in All Mails, you’ll find all the mails means mails from the inbox, spam, social category, etc. You’ll also find all the archived mails here, the archived mail doesn’t have the category name.
Note: When you archive a email in your gmail the inbox label is removed from the archived email
On Mobile App:
- Open your Gmail app, login if required.
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner of the screen.
- Now from the option click on all mail.
- Here you’ll find all of your archived emails on the Gmail app. As desktop on the mobile app archived mail doesn’t have the category name.
Conclusion: You can easily find the archived email in Gmail by searching the name of the sender, subject of the email, or any content from the body of the email from the search bar. You can also find the archived email in the all mail option in the Gmail.
If you’ve more query regarding gmail archives comment below.
You can also read our post on how to access steam cloud saves file