As we all know Samsung is one of the best smartphone company and with the launch of Samsung s8 smartphone they introduced the world with their voice assistant Bixby. A rival voice assistant for Google’s Assistant, Amazon’s Alexa, and Apple’s Siri. Bixby has similar functions/features like other voice assistants. Bixby can launch apps, send text messages, change any settings inside the app, and some other voice command you can give. And later Samsung s8 all flagship and a50 onward series have Bixby. But some users don’t like Bixby and want to disable it.
Why Users Don’t Like Bixby?
There are some reasons, why users don’t like Bixby. So, Samsung’s s8 series came with default turned on Bixby and that time there’s no way to disable the Bixby.
Some of the Samsung smartphones there’s a dedicated button for Bixby, By pressing that button you can use Bixby. Samsung positioned the Bixby button under the volume rocker and sometimes users want to use the volume button but mistakenly they press the Bixby button and this thing is frustrating.
Now, in S20 or note 10 series have the Bixby button combined with the power button. You can use Bixby by the press and hold the button for some seconds and Bixby will ready to take commands.
How to Disable the Bixby?
If you want to disable the Bixby then don’t worry, you just need to follow the steps which are mentioned below will help you in disabling the Bixby.
On Galaxy Note10 series and S20 series, there are some different ways and Galaxy S8, S9, S10 and Note 8 and 9 have other ways to disable the Bixby.
Note: Please log into your account and connect your device with the internet.
Steps to Disable Bixby on Samsung’s Note10 and S20 series
- Wake up your device and swipe down to drop the notification panel and tap on the Power icon (on the left of settings icon).
Press and hold the power button.
- Power Menu will appear, go to bottom and tap on Side key settings.
- Go to Press and Hold section and you’ll see there are two options first one is Wake Bixby and the second one is Power off menu. And by default Wake, Bixby is turned on. Choose Power off the menu and say goodbye to Bixby. From now, Bixby won’t be activated.
Related: Check how to disable autoplay in chrome android app
Steps to Disable Bixby on Samsung’s Note8 & 9 and S8, S9, S10 series
In these series of Samsung smartphones, there’s a dedicated button of Bixby and this button is the main reason to disable the Bixby. Before you follow the steps you need to log into your Samsung account. If you don’t know how to log in to the Samsung account then follow the steps given below.
Log into Samsung account
- Open your device and swipe down and tap on the settings icon.
- Go to Accounts and Backups.
- Tap on +Add account.
- Now, go to the Samsung account and if you have your Samsung account then log into your account or if you don’t have a Samsung account then create a new account.
Disable Bixby on Note 8/9 and S10 series
- Unlock your device and swipe down to drop notification panel and tap on Settings icon or simply go to Settings.
- Locate Advanced Features and Go and tap on the Bixby key.
- Now tap on the Double Press to open Bixby.
After this Bixby will be disabled and the dedicated button will useless. If you want to use the button then you can remap that button and use that button for other work. If you want to remap the Bixby button then go to the bottom of this blog.
Steps to Remove Bixby Home from the Home screen
If you want to completely remove bixby from home screen then follow the steps mentioned below
- Go to Home screen, Tap and hold on empty space for some seconds
- A menu will appear, now swipe right and you will reach on the left panel.
- Disable Bixby Home by toggle it off.
Is your bixby disabled? Do you have any more suggestion or question related to bixby or tell us more about bixby from the comment box. You can also check our post on how to fix playstore stuck on download pending.