Recently updated on December 29th, 2022 at 12:58 am
I’ve been using Spotify for a long time. It is one of the best music streaming service. But if you’re done using Spotify you can delete your Spotify account permanently. You need to know some things before deleting your Spotify account.
If you’re using Spotify premium you can easily cancel it use the Spotify free version. But you’ve to hear some advertisements after a couple of songs and you cannot save any song offline. After canceling your Spotify premium you can still listen to all the songs and playlist. But if you want to completely delete your Spotify, just follow the steps below.
Delete Your Spotify Account in 7 Steps
If you’re done with your spotify account and want to close it, then you can do this in 7 steps. Follow the steps below to permanently close your spotify account.
- Open your browser and go to account closure page of spotify (login if asked).
- On the “sure you need to close?” page, click on close account.
- Review your account information and click on continue button.
- Click on “I understand” and click on continue.
- Now you’ll get a confirmation mail on your registered mail.
- Open the mail you received from spotify and click on close my account.
- Now your spotify account will be permanently closed in next 7 days.
Once you click on the confirmation link, your account will be closed in the seven days. You’ll also get a mail for reactivating your account, which is valid for 7 days. If you wish, you can reactivate your account, otherwise you will not be able to.
How to delete Spotify Premium Account
You can also delete your spotify premium account with a few click. To delete your spotify premium account follow the steps below.
- Go to spotify premium account closure page- https://support.spotify.com/premium-close-account.
- Now click on proceed to close my account.
- Chat with the agent and follow the instruction to close your spotify account.
Before you delete your Spotify account, here are some things to keep in mind
- If you’re using Spotify premium then first you’ve to cancel your subscription and after that, you’ll be able to delete your Spotify account.
- You can only close your Spotify account on a web browser, not on Spotify mobile or desktop app.
- You cannot use your current username after deleting your account. However, you can use the same email address to create a new account in the future.
- You’ll lose all your playlist, saved song, followers after deleting your account.
- If you’re using student discount with Spotify then after closing your account you can only apply for it again after a year
*If you’re using Spotify free version then follow the steps abobr to delete your Spotify account permanently. But if you’re Spotify premium user, first follow the steps below to cancel premium and then follow the steps above to close your Spotify account
Steps to Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription
If you’re a Spotify premium user you need to login to your account and cancel your subscription from here. Or you can also cancel your subscription by following the steps mentioned below
- Visit Spotify website- https://www.spotify.com/ on your desktop browser
- Login to your Spotify account
- From the upper right corner of the screen click on profile which will give you a drop-down menu
- Click on account from the drop-down menu
- Click on manage plan which is below Spotify premium on the account page.
- Here click on the green button with option “Change or cancel”
- Now Click on cancel premium on the right side of the screen under change plan option
- You’ll get the prompt with the message “Are you sure you want to cancel your Premium Subscription” with the option “Go back” and “Yes, Cancel”. Click on “yes cancel”. Now you can proceed to close your account
If you’re using iPhone then follow the steps below to cancel your Spotify premium:
- Tap on app store
- Now tap on your profile icon from top right side
- On the account page tap on “manage subscriptions”
- You’ll get list of all the active subscriptions. Tap on Spotify from the list.
- Tap on cancel subscription.
After cancelling your Spotify premium subscription you can follow the steps below to close your Spotify account permanently.
Yes, first you need to cancel Spotify premium if you’re a premium subscriber. Then go to this link and follow the instruction mentioned in the post to delete your Spotify account.
No, you can’t spotify account using the mobile app.
Your spotify account will be deleted in 7 days. If you don’t receive a mail about it, you can contact the Spotify team through mail to check if your Spotify account is deleted.
Yes, you can create a spotify account with the same email or contact details anytime you want.
There are no charges, But we recommend you to remove your card details to avoid any false charges in the future.
After deleting your Spotify account, you cannot use the same username again. All your followers, playlist, saved songs, liked songs are also removed from the Spotify database.
After closing your account, you’ll get a mail with a link for reactivating your spotify account. Spotify reactivation link is valid for 7 days only.