I’ve been using Spotify for a long time. It is one of the best music streaming service. But if you’re done using Spotify you can delete your Spotify account permanently. You need to know some things before deleting your Spotify account. If you’re using Spotify premium you can easily cancel it use the Spotify free version. But you’ve to hear some advertisements after a couple of songs and you cannot save any song offline. After canceling your Spotify premium you can still listen to all the songs and playlist. But if you want to completely delete your Spotify. you’ve to follow the methods below.
Things to remember before deleting your Spotify account
- If you’re using Spotify premium then first you’ve to cancel your subscription and after that, you’ll be able to delete your Spotify account.
- You can only close your Spotify account on a web browser, not on Spotify mobile or desktop app.
- You cannot use your current username after deleting your account. However, you can use the same email address to create a new account in the future.
- You’ll lose all your playlist, saved song, followers after deleting your account.
- If you’re using student discount with Spotify then after closing your account you can only apply for it again after a year
*If you’re using Spotify free version then follow the steps belows to delete your Spotify account permanently. But if you’re Spotify premium user, first follow the steps to cancel premium and then follow the steps below to close your Spotify account
Steps to Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription
First of all, if you’re a Spotify premium user you need to login to your account and cancel your subscription from here. Or you can also cancel your subscription by following the steps mentioned below
- Visit Spotify website- https://www.spotify.com/ on your desktop browser
- Login to your Spotify account
- From the upper right corner of the screen click on profile which will give you a drop-down menu
- Click on account from the drop-down menu
- Click on manage plan which is below Spotify premium on the account page.
- Here click on the green button with option “Change or cancel”
- Now Click on cancel premium on the right side of the screen under change plan option
- You’ll get the prompt with the message “Are you sure you want to cancel your Premium Subscription” with the option “Go back” and “Yes, Cancel”. Click on “yes cancel”. Now you can proceed to close your account
If you’re using iPhone then follow the steps below to cancel your Spotify premium:
- Tap on app store
- Now tap on your profile icon from top right side
- On the account page tap on “manage subscriptions”
- You’ll get list of all the active subscriptions. Tap on Spotify from the list.
- Tap on cancel subscription.
After cancelling your Spotify premium subscription you can follow the steps below to close your Spotify account permanently.
Steps to Delete Your Spotify Account
Now after canceling a premium subscription, we can proceed to the steps of closing a Spotify account. Follow the steps below to close your account.
- Open your computer’s browser and visit the Spotify customer service page by clicking here. This will open the Spotify’s contact page. If you’re not logged in, kindly login to your account to proceed further.
- Now you’ll see a page with “hello how can we help you?” message. Below that, you’ll see a list of categories. Click on “Account ” from the options
- On the next page, Spotify will ask some for more information on the account issue. From the list of topics given by Spotify click on “I wan to close my spotify account”.
- Now click on “Close account” on the bottom left of your screen.
- You’re now redirected to another page now click on “Close account” on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now review your account to see if this is the account you want to delete by reviewing the account information in the middle of the page. After reviewing scroll down and click on the continue from the bottom right side of the screen.
- Now from the bottom of the screen check the option “I understand” and then click on the “continue” option.
- Now you’ll receive a mail from Spotify regarding your account deletion request.
- Open your mail linked to the Spotify account. Open the confirmation mail sent by Spotify for your account deletion.
- Now click on the green button with an option “Close my account”. That’ll confirm your account deletion.
You’ll receive a confirmation mail that your account is deleted. You’ll receive a link in the same mail which can reactivate your account. Link is valid for only seven days. So if you changed your mind you can click on the link within save day to reactivate your account. But after after seven days your Spotify account is delete permanently. We hope that we are able to solve this query, In case of more query on the issue kindly comment below
How to Delete Your Spotify Account if Logged in With Facebook
Many people use their Facebook account to create Account on Spotify as it saves some time. So if you are one of them and want to close your Spotify account logged in with Facebook then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit this link (https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support )on an internet browser
- Now log in to your account by clicking on “continue with Facebook”.
- On the how can we help you page click on the account
- On the next page click on “I want to close my account”
- Now click on close account
- Now on this page click on Close account
- Review your Spotify account details which you created with your Facebook account and click on continue
- Check the box next to I understand and click on continue. You’ll receive a mail from Spotify with the confirmation link to delete your account
- Open your email id associated with your Facebook account.
- Now open the mail you received from Spotify and click on the confirmation link to delete your Spotify account permanently.
Note: You’ll also receive a reactivation link in the same mail to reactivate your Spotify account. Link is valid for 7 days so if you changed your mind then simply click on that link to enjoy Spotify again with the same account.
FAQ related to how to delete Spotify account
Yes, first you need to cancel Spotify premium if you’re a premium subscriber. Then go to this link and follow the instruction mentioned in the post to delete your Spotify account.
No, you cannot delete the Spotify account on mobile or desktop app. You can only delete your Spotify account using a web browser.
Your account is deleted within 24-48 hours. If you don’t receive a mail about it, you can contact the Spotify team through mail to check if your Spotify account is deleted.
Yes, you can, but you cannot reuse the same Spotify username account.
There are no charges, But we recommend you to remove your card details to avoid any false charges in the future.
After deleting your Spotify account, you cannot use the same username again. All your followers, playlist, saved songs, liked songs are also removed from the Spotify database.
You can only reactivate your Spotify account by clicking on the link received in the account deletion confirmation mail. It is valid for only 7 days.