How to Close Your Amazon Account Permanently
Amazon is a well-known company which is spread all over the world. Customers use Amazon services by creating an account with Amazon by sharing their credentials with the company. However if for some reason your are not using your Amazon account, You might want to delete your Amazon account which holds your sensitive information. If you want to end prime membership then read our post on how to cancel Amazon prime membership without deleting your amazon account
We here at Droidtheory will be happy to help you with the steps to delete your Amazon account.
Things to Know Before Closing Your Amazon Account
Before deleting your Amazon account you should know these things that you or anyone else will not be able to access your account after deleting the basic account. It includes Amazon support staff and employees. You will lose access to any other sites that require an Amazon account such as Amazon Web Services, Kindle Direct Publishing, Amazon Pay accounts, or Amazon associates. Also, you will not be able to access Amazon digital content (i.e., Amazon music, Amazon Drive or Prime Photos) and you will lose all your Kindle purchases and Prime videos and all this are unrecoverable. When you delete Amazon account you’ll lose access to Amazon pay services. Your current orders will be canceled and your public profile and wish list will be deleted. All your reviews and discussion post will be deleted. All your account history will be deleted like your credit card info, address, etc. Your processing returns or refunds will be canceled. You will lose your remaining Amazon gift cards or promotional certificates on your account. If your delete your account you cannot register your account with the same email address. In case you want to remove your phone number from your account, you can do that by contacting Amazon.
If you are fine with the above-stated conditions then you are good to go.
How to Delete Your Amazon Account Permanently?
As of 2020 Amazon has changed its account closing policy. You will need to contact them via call or online chat to delete your account. We recommend you call Amazon customer service at 888-280-4331.
You have to ask Amazon customer service to delete your account. They will send you a link on your email. You will need to open the link in your browser and then login with your Amazon credentials which you want to delete. You will be redirected to Amazon account closing mail stating, “I want to close my Amazon account___”. Here you can write the reason why you want to delete your account. After that just click on the submit button. You will get an email from Amazon’s customer support for confirmation within the time frame displayed.
You Can Also Follow These Steps to Delete or Close Your Amazon Account.
- Visit this link you’ll find all the details about what amazon services you’ll lose after closing your amazon account. From the bottom click on contact us
- Fill your login details and click on sign in.
- Amazon will ask for authentication via sending an OTP on your registered mail id click on “Continue “
- Now you need to enter OTP received on your mail id and click “Continue”
- You’ll be redirected to “Amazon request your data page” . In the “what can we help you with?” section choose your issue from the drop-down menu next to it. From the drop-down menu select “close my account and delete my data”.
- Now from the “How would you like to contact us?” option click on E-mail. You can also find Amazon customer service number from here.
- Now on the next page enter additional information. You need to enter your name and reason why you want to delete Amazon account and click on send an email. The Amazon team normally answers within 12 hours.
- On the next page, you’ll get information that one of Amazon representatives will contact you within 12-24 hours.
- Now you’ll receive mail from amazon with all the information on what services you are going to lose after closing your amazon account. If you still want to delete your account click on the account deletion link you’ve received in the mail.
- You’re now redirected to Amazon account close confirmation request page. Fill some information about why you want to close your account and click on send e-mail from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now you’ll receive a mail from amazon with your account deletion confirmation.
Delete Amazon Account Through Online Chat
You can also delete your Amazon account through an online chat with Amazon representative. Follow the steps mentioned below to close your Amazon account.
- Login to your amazon account.
- Scroll down to the bottom and from “Let us help you section” click on Help.
- Now again scroll down and click on need more help. Now from the option click on contact us.
- On this page, you can choose to receive a call from Amazon and ask them to delete your account permanently.
- If you don’t want to receive a call click on start chatting now. In the popup window enter your Amazon password to proceed. Now you’ll receive a message from Amazon bot “messaging assistant”.
- From the bottom, you’ll get the option to enter your message. From there type that you want to delete your Amazon account permanently and click on send.
- Amazon will give you a link to the page I mentioned in the above steps. You can either follow the steps above to close your account or you can click on need more help. When you receive a message “Would you like an associate to join the chat?” click on yes. By doing this one of the amazon representatives will join you in chat for your help. Ask him/her to delete your Amazon account. They will send you a confirmation mail to close your account.
- Now open the mail and click on the confirmation link to delete your Amazon account.
- On this page, you’ll again send a mail to confirm that you want to close your Amazon account. To do this click on the send mail button from the bottom of the page. One of the representatives will contact you within 24 hours for your account deletion confirmation.
- After 24 hours you’ll receive a confirmation mail from amazon that your account is closed.
As you can see deleting Amazon account is not an easy task, because amazon doesn’t want you to leave. So to delete your Amazon account just follow the steps mentioned above in the post.
Conclusion– To delete your account you need to contact Amazon representatives through mail or their toll-free number and ask them to delete your account. You can also chat with Amazon agent and ask them to close your Amazon account. They’ll delete your account by sending you a confirmation mail.
We hope that we’re able to solve your query. For more information comment below with your question. You can also read our post on how to delete a Spotify account.