Twitch, introduced in 2011, and now twitch is the world’s leading live streaming platform for gaming users. Twitch came with lots of features and creating a clip is one of them. Stream viewers can share the clip of their favorite part of the video with their friends and loved ones. With the help of the clip feature, viewers can create a moment from broadcast/stream. Also, you can download, edit, share great moments of the stream.
Some Twitch users are wondering how to use the clip feature on twitch. And it’s time to stop wondering, here in this post you’ll get to know how to clip on twitch using your devices like smartphone and desktop. Also, some users are not aware of how they can manage their clips. Here you’ll get the answer.
Clip on Twitch (Windows/Mac)
Creating a clip on windows or Mac is pretty easy, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Twitch, select and play or search a video or live stream using the search bar.
- Once the video starts playing, go to the bottom right corner and you’ll see several icons there. Click on the movie clapperboard icon. Or, simply press Alt + X (Windows) and Option + X (Mac) it’ll also do the same job.
- A new window will open, now you can trim the video using the handles. The clip length limit should be under 5 to 60 seconds.
- After selecting the length, enter a title name for your clip and click on the Publish option.
- Now, select the icons of social sites to share your clip on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit. Or, copy the given link and share the clip wherever you want to.
You can follow these steps to clip on twitch using your windows or macOS desktop or laptop. For making clip on twitch app on mobile read the section below.
Related: How to raid on someone on twitch
How to Clip on Twitch Mobile App
Create clips while streaming the content and share them with your close-one using your smartphone whether it’s an Android smartphone or an iOS smartphone. Go through the steps mentioned below to create the clips of the best moments on twitch app.
- Repeat the first step in the same way, choose any stream of your choice. You can use the search bar to find the stream you want.
- Once you start streaming, to get the clip icon tap on the screen. Now at the top-right corner you’ll find the movie clapboard icon, tap on it.
- Now, you have two options: either you share the 30 seconds of a clip directly or you choose the Edit option.
- If you want to edit the clip, go to Edit and then, tap on the Trim Clip. To get the favorite moment, use the yellow color handles to trim the video. Then, tap on Done.
- Before publishing the clip, give a name to your clip. Once you give a name to your clip tap on the Publish option.
- To share the clip, you’ll get three options at the bottom. Choosing the share clip option allows you to share the clip on your social sites, the share via whisper option allows you to share the clip on Twitch.
Also check: How to appear offline on discord
How to Manage Clip on Twitch
Created lots of clips? You can manage all of your clips. Follow the steps given below.
- Open Twitch’s Creator Dashboard, then sign-in to your Twitch account.
- Now, tap on the three horizontal lines to open the Navigation and locate content. Then, tap on the Clips.
- Now, you can manage all your created clips. Go to List view and choose clips you’ve created or clips of your channel.
- Go to the clips that you’ve created, here you can watch the clip, view the channel name, video category, you can change the title of your clip and also you can delete the clips.
Conclusion: You can easily clip on twitch by clicking on the clip icon which appear when you stream a video on twitch. You can also manage and share these clips from the twitch creator dashboard.
If you face any issue while clipping on twitch then do let us know from the comment box and also check how to fix twitch error code 5000.