Facebook allows you to change your name and username both, you can change your name and username without facing any difficulties. If you want to change your Facebook name and username for some reason then you can do it from General Account Settings and also we will guide you on how to change your name and username by the steps that are mentioned below.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook
Before you follow the steps please take a look at some points.
- There are some things which you can’t use like symbols, any unusual capitalization, punctuation, character and some kind of offensive words.
- Once you’ve changed your Facebook name then you can’t change your name for next 60 days
To Change your name on Facebook follow the steps below
- Open a browser on your desktop and log in to Facebook with your credentials and click on the triangle (downward facing triangle appearing at the top right of the page).
- Go to Settings and Privacy. And, click on Settings.
- You will be on the General Account Settings page.
- Click on Edit, appearing next to your Name
- Now, enter the new name of your choice and click on review change.
- A pop-up will appear to preview your new name and also to choose how your name will appear on your Facebook profile. If you are satisfied with your new name then enter the password and click on Save Changes.
Re-load your Facebook page and run your Facebook with your new name
How to add Nick Names or Other Names to Your Facebook Profile
You can also add nick name to your Facebook profile which will appear on your profile page. To add a name to your Facebook profile follow the steps below
- Click on your profile picture from the top right side of screen to open your profile page.
- Now click on edit profile option
- Scroll down and click on “edit your about info“
- Now click on “details about you” from left side of screen.
- Click on + icon or add a nickname in the other name section and choose the “name type” (example nickname) from the drop down menu.
- Now enter a nickname in the name field. Check the box next to “Show at top of Profile” to display your nickname next to your name.
- Now click on save. Your new name is added to your Facebook profile
Related: How to delete Instagram account
How to Change Your Facebook Username
Want to change your Facebook username, read the steps that are mentioned below. Before changing your Facebook username there are some points you have to remember.
- Once you changed your Facebook username then you will never use your previous username.
- You have to enter a unique username which doesn’t match with other’s username.
- Facebook name is not the same as your username. The username appears in the URL and creates a link to your Facebook page.
To change your Facebook username or profile URL follow the steps below
- Log in to your Facebook account with your details on your desktop.
- Click on the blue/black triangle at the top-right of the page and go to Settings and Privacy.
- Click on Settings.
- And, you will be on the General Account Settings page. Now in the username section click on edit next to your Facebook profile page URL
- Type your new username, if a red cross(X) appears then that Username is taken by someone else so enter another username.
- Once you got your username, click on Save Changes.
- Now enter your password to confirm and click on submit to save your new Facebook username and new Facebook profile page URL
Also check how to change your Spotify username
How to Change or Add Name on Facebook mobile App
You cannot change your Facebook username on the mobile app. But, you can change your name or add a nickname to your Facebook account using mobile. Below are the steps to add change your name to the Facebook mobile app.
- Open Facebook mobile app and log in to your account.
- Now tap the three horizontal lines from the top right side of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on setting& privacy option and tap on settings
- Now tap on the personal information.
- In the general section tap on Name
- Now here you can add a nickname and change your current name on Facebook. Enter your new name or nickname and tap on review changes.
- Now enter your password and tap on save changes.
You can use the Facebook view as a feature on the mobile app to take a look at the public view of your Facebook profile. So this is how we can change Facebook name and username on desktop and mobile app.