Recently updated on July 14th, 2020 at 08:48 am
You have a Spotify account, but you don’t like your Spotify username. I also don’t like my Spotify as it is some random number and alphabets. Your username is auto-generated by Spotify while creating your account. Like other social media platforms or other music streaming services, Spotify doesn’t let you change your username on Spotify by editing your profile.
Today I’m going to explain How to Change Spotify Username.
There are two ways to change your username.
- Connect your Spotify account to your Facebook account. Doing this will import your Facebook username and profile and you can also check what your Facebook friends are listening to on Spotify.
- Another way is to create your new account and transfer your playlist from the old account.
Connect Facebook Account to Change Your Spotify Username
You can connect your Facebook account with Spotify on your Spotify mobile, iOS, or Windows App. Follow these steps below to connect your Facebook account with Spotify.
- Open your Spotify app.
- Log in to your Spotify Account
- Click on the downward arrow icon next to your username.
- Now form the options in the drop-down menu click on settings.
- In the settings scroll down to social section and click on Connect to Facebook
- Now in the pop-up window fill in your Facebook login details and click on Log In. Doing this will connect your Facebook account with your Spotify account, and your Spotify username is changed.
On Mobile App
- Open you Spotify mobile app
- Log in to your Spotify account with your credentials.
- Now from the top right corner of the screen click on the setting (gear) icon.
- Scroll to the social section and click on Connect to Facebook.
- Now log in to your Facebook account.
- Now your Facebook account is linked with your Spotify account
In this way, you can use your Facebook username as your Spotify username.
Create Your New Spotify Account
You can change your Spotify username by creating a new account . First, close your Spotify account and visit Spotify sign up page to choose your new username. Fill the form and click on sign up. Now you’ve to contact Spotify by filling a contact form here. One of the Spotify representatives will contact you within 48 hours. Ask them to transfer your playlist from the previous account to your new account. But, you can only do this within seven days of closing your previous account.
Conclusion: You can change your Spotify username by connecting your Facebook account to your Spotify account or by creating a new account and importing your playlist from the previous account with the help of the Spotify team.
If you’ve any queries regarding Spotify comment below.