So you’re now big on Twitch and want to re-brand your twitch channel with a new username, or if you’re going to change it because you have got a cool new name for your channel. So the question which comes to your mind is can I change my twitch name? Yes, you can change your name on Twitch. In this post, we’re going to explain how you can change your username on Twitch on desktop and mobile apps.
How to Change Twitch Username?
If you’re using Twitch on your desktop browser, here are the steps to change your twitch name using any browser (Google, Mozilla, edge, or safari);
- Open your browser and visit twitch. Login to your account with your login details
- Now click on your profile from the top right side of the screen
- Click on settings.
- Scroll down and go to profile settings. Now click on the pencil icon (edit) next to your username.
- Now enter the new desired username. This new username will also replace your current twitch channel URL.
- Click on the update and enter your password and click on confirm.
- After this, your username is updated and you’ll receive a notification on your registered email address.
Note: You can only change your username after 60 days of your previous changes with the username. If you changed your username today and you want to change it tomorrow. You can’t do this. You’ll have to wait for 60 days to change your username again.
After changing username don’t forget to inform your followers. So that they don’t get confused about where is their favorite streamer.
Related: How to raid someone on Twitch
Can You Change Display Name on Twitch?
Well, you can change your Twitch display name whenever you want without affecting anything. Changing the display name won’t affect the URL of your Twitch account. To do so, follow the instructed way;
- Visit Twitch.com and log in to your account.
- After that, click on the Avatar/Profile Icon at the top-right of the screen and click on the Settings
- Now, locate Profile Settings and click on the Display Name box.
- Enter your desired display name and click on the Save Changes.
How to change your username on twitch mobile app
Currently, you can only change your twitch username through the twitch website. You cannot change your username using Twitch mobile. We hope that twitch gives us the option to change username using a twitch mobile app. We’ll update you as soon as twitch provides us this option.
Conclusion: You can change your twitch username from the account settings. Click on setting and from the account setting change your current username. After changing you’ll have to wait 60 days to change your username again.
Is this solve your query? Do you’ve any more query related to twitch? Why not let us know from the comment box. If you liked this then also check how to cancel your Twitch prime subscription.