Recently updated on July 14th, 2020 at 08:47 am
Xbox Live Gold is an online gaming subscription for Xbox 360 and Xbox One, it gives access to play online multiplayer games and Xbox live gives you free games every month to play. With the help of Xbox live you can get huge discounts on paid games. Xbox live subscription costs for $10/month or $60/year. But after sometime it is a load on some people pocket. We’ll explain how to cancel Xbox live gold subscription in this post
As you want to cancel your Xbox Live Gold subscription then you are at the right place, In this blog, we’ll guide you on how to cancel your Xbox Live subscription, and how to turn-off your recurring subscription.
What Happens When You Cancel Xbox Live Subscription/Membership?
When you cancel your Xbox Live Subscription you will lose all the benefits which come with your Xbox Live Gold Subscription. You will not able to get free games and also you can’t play online multiplayer games though. After canceling your Xbox Live Subscription you will receive a partial refund only if you cancel the subscription immediately.
Steps to Cancel Xbox Live Gold Subscription
Follow these steps below to cancel Xbox Live Gold Subscription
- Visit xbox.com or just click on the given link and sign-in to your Microsoft Account.
- Go to the “Profile” icon (In the upper right corner), a drop-down menu will appear. Go to “My Microsoft Account”.
- Now Click on Services and Subscriptions from the top of the Screen
- Your are on the Services & subscriptions page. Locate Xbox Live Gold Subscription and in the Payment & Billing section click on manage
- On the “Payment settings” page, click on “Cancel” (on the right of Xbox Live Gold).
- A message will pop-up and asking you to choose whether you want to end your subscription, Now click on “Confirm Confirmation”.
- Your Xbox live gold subscription is cancelled. However, you’ll be able to use till the end of this month payment cycle.
Cancel Your Xbox Live Gold on The Xbox One
To cancel Xbox live gold on your Xbox consoles follow the steps below
- On your Xbox controller press home button
- Now click on settings
- Now in the account sections click on Subscriptions
- Select Xbox Live Gold from the subscribed services
- Now from the payment and billing option select view and manage subscriptions. This will open your Microsoft account (on edge browser) from there you cancel or manage Xbox gold subscription
- Locate Xbox live gold subscription and click on manage
- Now you’re on the payment setting page. From here you can cancel the Xbox live gold subscription. Here you’ll also get the option to turn off your auto recurring bills to stop auto-renewal of Xbox live Gold subscription.
Turn Off Xbox Live Gold Auto-Renewal
Follow the steps to turn off Xbox Live auto-renewal
- Visit xbox.com or just click on the given link, and sign-in to your account.
- Go to“Profile” (In the upper right corner). Click on “My Microsoft Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Services & Subscriptions
- Locate your Xbox live gold subscription and click manage next to it
- Now you’re on the payment setting page, Click on change and from the drop-down menu click on Turn off Recurring billling
- A pop-up will appear asking if you are sure to cancel or turn off recurring billing for Xbox live gold subscription.
- Click on Confirm Cancellation
- Your Xbox live gold recurring billing is turned off now
Tip: When you Turning off Auto-Renewal, you’ll see there is Switch Plan option, If you want to change your plan from monthly to yearly or yearly to monthly by selecting Switch Plan you can do that.
If you’ve any query on how to cancel subscription on gaming consoles comment below. You can also read our post on how to cancel Xbox game pass subscription