Recently updated on December 29th, 2022 at 06:44 am
Xbox Game Pass is a video game subscription service for Xbox Console and Windows 10 from Microsoft. And it is portrayed as “Netflix for Video Games.” When users subscribe to the Xbox game pass, they can get access to 100s of high-quality games. Xbox game pass allows players to download full games to the Xbox Console.
There are two types of Game Pass for users; a Standard/normal pass is $9.99/month, and an ultimate pass is $14.99/month.
However, the games available on the Xbox Game Pass don’t satisfy everyone. So if you’re not downloading or playing games from the Xbox game pass, Microsoft will still charge you for the game pass. To stop these charges, you can cancel your Xbox game pass subscription.
How to cancel Xbox Game Pass on PC?
To cancel your Xbox Game Pass Subscription, head to Xbox.com > Log in to your account, head to the Subscriptions page, and cancel your Xbox Game Pass Subscription. Below, we’ve instructed the steps in detail. So, follow the steps we’ve mentioned in this post and cancel your Xbox Game Pass Subscription.
What Happen If You Cancel Game Pass?
After canceling the Xbox game pass, you’ll lose access to all the games that you’ve downloaded from the Xbox game pass. You’ll not lose the achievement you gained while playing games. You’ll not lose games that you’ve purchased from the Xbox game pass.
If you’ve decided to subscribe to Game Pass again, you can continue from where you left in the games as long as the save stats are stored on your Xbox console or cloud storage.
Note: There is an option that you can receive a partial refund, or you can just end the subscription/membership.
Cancel Xbox Game Pass Subscription
Now follow the steps to cancel your Xbox Game Pass Subscription
- Open a web browser and navigate to Xbox.com. You’ll arrive at an Xbox Live sign-in screen.
- Enter the email address associated with your Xbox Live account, and click “Next.” On the next screen, enter the password associated with your Xbox Live account. You’ll arrive at your Xbox Live account home screen.
- Click the image associated with your Xbox Live profile in the screen’s upper right corner. A drop-down menu appears.
- Click “Subscriptions” in the list of options in the drop-down menu. The Services and Subscriptions screen appears.
- Scroll down, and you’ll find the Xbox Game Pass subscription. From the Payment and Billing option, click on Manage.
- Now under the Payment settings section, click on Cancel from the right side of the screen.
- From the dialogue box, click on Confirm Cancellation.
- Your Xbox game pass subscription is canceled, and you’ll lose access to the features when your current payment cycle ends.
How to cancel Xbox Game Pass on phone?
To cancel your Xbox Game Pass on your phone (Android/iOS);
- Open a web browser on your phone and visit Microsoft.com.
- Now, sign in to your account and click on Your profile > My Microsoft account > Services and Subscriptions.
- Then, scroll down to the Xbox Game Pass and click on Manage.
- After that, select Change > Turn off Recurring Billing and confirm the cancelation.
Why can I not cancel my Xbox game pass subscription?
If you’re unable to cancel your Xbox game pass subscription, then check these things;
- Ensure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you used to purchase the Xbox game pass subscription.
If there’s Turn on recurring billing option instead of Manage, then your Xbox subscription will end at the given date. And, there’s nothing to do.
Turn Off Xbox Game Pass Auto-Renewal
So, another way to cancel your Game pass is by turning off auto-renewal. Follow the steps given below to Turn Off Xbox Game Pass Auto-Renewal.
To turn off Xbox game pass auto-renewal, follow these steps:
- Visit Xbox.com and log in to your Xbox live account with your credentials.
- Click on the Profile icon from the top right of the screen.
- A drop-down will appear; from the options, click on Subscriptions.
- Locate the Xbox Game Pass Payment and Billing option and click on Manage from the right side of the screen.
- Click on Change next to the recurring bill option.
- A drop-down menu will appear; click on Turn off recurring billing.
- Now from the dialogue box, click on Confirm Cancellation.
(From that point onward, you won’t be charged when your membership runs out, and you will lose access to your Xbox Game Pass games.)
Conclusion: You can cancel your Xbox game pass subscription by visiting the Microsoft Xbox website. Login into your Xbox live account and from subscriptions, cancel your Xbox game pass, or turn off recurring billing.
You can also read our post on How you can host someone on your twitch channel.
If you’ve any queries regarding how to cancel subscriptions on Xbox, comment below
1 thought on “How to Cancel Xbox Game Pass”
Thank you for this amazing article! It has opened up my mind about Cancel Xbox Game Pass Subscription.
I am looking for a long time. I have benefited a lot from reading this article, I want more post about that.
Thanks again for this useful guide.