As we know discord is one of the best social media apps or websites for gamers. So as all other social media feature we also have the offline or invisible feature in discord. Many of you already know what is discord offline or invisible feature. But for those people who don’t know, when you set your status to invisible. You’ll show offline to other people or servers on discord and you can access all of the discord features.
The invisible feature comes handy when you want to avoid interaction with people online on discord. By setting your status offline you don’t have to logout of the discord and stay invisible to anyone online on discord. You can view, send or receive chats, receive calls and you will not miss out on any interesting moment conversation or any other activity on discord.
Steps to set offline status in Discord on Your Desktop.
If you’re using discord on your desktop then follow the steps below to appear offline on discord.
- Open discord app on your desktop or visit discord.
- Login to your discord account.
- Now from the bottom left side of the screen click on your profile icon next to your username.
- Now you can click on “invisible” after this you’ll appear offline to everyone on discord and you can also access every feature of discord in this mode.
How to appear offline on the Discord Mobile app
If you’re using discord on your phone through the mobile app then follow the steps below to go invisible on discord.
- Launch your discord app
- Login to your discord account.
- Now tap on the profile icon from the bottom left side of your screen.
- Now you’re on the user settings page. Click on “online” which is next to “set status”.
- Now select ”invisible” to appear offline on discord.
So this is how we can set “invisible” status to appear offline on discord. There are other statuses also, we’re going to discuss them below.
If you’re planning to close your account then read this post on how to delete discord account permanently.
Other discord status and how to set a custom status on discord.
There are other statuses you can set on discord except invisible.
- Green / Online status– As the name suggests, you’re online and ready to play games and interact with people online on discord.
- Orange/ Idle status– Discord automatically set your status to idle when you’re AFK (away from keyword) for some time. Or you can select this status from the option to status idle for as much time as you want while using discord.
- Red/ do not disturb– As the name suggests, this is for busy. You can set this status when you are busy or don’t want to be disturbed for some reason.
- Grey/ Invisible status– You can set this status to appear offline in discord, but you can use all of the discord functionality.
- Set a custom status– You can use this feature to set a custom status whatever you want. Click on customer status then fill the “tagline” what you want to show as your status then set the clear after from the option. You can set this status for “1 day ”, “4 hours”, “1 hour”, “30 minutes” or you can set this status for an indefinite time by clicking on ”don’t clear”.
Hide your gaming session in offline mode on discord
Discord has a feature that shows the “running game as your status”. This feature is kind of a flaw in offline status. Not all games are compatible with this feature, but some are compatible. If this feature is enabled in your discord account then follow the steps below to disable “show running game as status”
- Click on the gear icon (settings) next to your username on the bottom left side of screen
- Now in the app setting section click on games from the left side of the screen.
- Now toggle off the button next to “Display the currently playing or running game as your status message“
Faq related to offline status on discord
No, there is no option to check if someone is using the invisible status to appear offline on discord.
Currently, there is no option to set offline status for a specific person on discord. If you use invisible status then you’ll appear offline to everyone on discord.
You’ll get the full access of discord feature in invisible status which you get in online status. Nothing changes except you’ll appear offline on discord. You’ll be able to send receive message, join chat or receive call for help.
If you’ve any query related to discord kindly let us know from the comment section. If you liked this post then don’t forget to check how to fix discord keeps crashing randomly and how to fix unable to hear anyone on discord issues.