Recently updated on January 12th, 2023 at 12:00 am
As we all know, Discord is one of the best social media apps or websites for gamers. So as with all other social media features, there is an activity status option available on discord. But there are some Discord users who don’t know what this feature is for and how to access it to appear offline on Discord.
The invisible feature comes in handy when you want to avoid interaction with online people on Discord. By setting your status offline, you don’t have to log out of Discord and stay invisible to anyone online on Discord. You can view, send or receive chats, receive calls, and you will not miss out on any exciting moment conversation or any other activity on Discord.
How Do I Appear Offline on Discord?
Now, in this step-by-step walkthrough, you’ll learn, How to be invisible in Discord? How to set a custom status on Discord? How to hide games that you are playing? And something more about Discord. Follow the steps as instructed below.
Steps to Set Invisible/Offline Status in Discord on Your Desktop
If you’re using discord on your desktop then follow the steps below to appear offline on discord.
- Open discord app on your desktop or visit discord.
- Login to your discord account.
- Now click on your profile from the bottom left side.
- Go to your current status and now you can change the status to invisible.
After setting the status invisible, you’ll appear offline to everyone on discord. You can change this status by selecting one of the available status options (Online, Idle, Do not disturb, Invisible).
How to Appear Offline on the Discord Mobile App
If you’re using discord on your phone through the mobile app then follow the steps below to go invisible on discord.
- Launch your discord app
- Login to your discord account.
- Now tap on the profile icon from the bottom left side of your screen.
- Now you’re on the user settings page. Click on “online” which is next to “set status”.
- Now select ”invisible” to appear offline on discord.
So this is how we can set “invisible” status to appear offline on discord. There are other statuses also, we’re going to discuss them below.
If you’re planning to close your account then read this post on how to delete discord account permanently.
What Do the Different Statuses on Discord Mean?
There are other statuses you can set on discord except invisible.
- Green / Online status– As the name suggests, you’re online and ready to play games and interact with people online on discord.
- Orange/ Idle status– Discord automatically set your status to idle when you’re AFK (away from keyword) for some time. Or you can select this status from the option to status idle for as much time as you want while using discord.
- Red/ do not disturb– As the name suggests, this is for busy. You can set this status when you are busy or don’t want to be disturbed for some reason.
- Grey/ Invisible status– You can set this status to appear offline in discord, but you can use all of the discord functionality.
How to Set a Custom Status on Discord?
You can set a custom status whatever you want. All you need to do is click on customer status, fill in the “tagline” that you want to show as your status, and then set the clear after from the option. You can set this status for “1 day ”, “4 hours”, “1 hour”, “30 minutes,” or you can set this status for an indefinite time by clicking on ”don’t clear.”
Can You Hide What Game You are Playing on Discord?
Discord has a feature that shows the “running game as your status”. This feature is kind of a flaw in offline status. Not all games are compatible with this feature, but some are compatible. If this feature is enabled in your discord account then follow the steps below to disable “show running game as status”
- Click on gear icon next to your username.
- Now click on activity privacy below activity settings.
- Now turn off “display current activity as a status message”.
After disabling this feature discord will not show your current activity as a status.
No, there is no option to check if someone is using the invisible status to appear offline on discord.
Currently, there is no option to set offline status for a specific person on discord. If you use invisible status then you’ll appear offline to everyone on discord.
You’ll get the full access of discord feature in invisible status which you get in online status. Nothing changes except you’ll appear offline on discord. You’ll be able to send receive message, join chat or receive call for help.
Once the screen of your mobile is turned off, discord will change the status to offline in 75 seconds to 120 seconds.
When you close the Discord app on your computer or mobile device, your status automatically changes to offline if you have not been active or have not used the app for some time.
Choosing the invisible status as your status will make you appear offline on discord. If anyone checks your profile will appear offline, and you’ll be able to use all the features of discord. You can even message anyone on your discord when you are offline/invisible.
If you’ve any queries related to discord kindly let us know in the comment section. If you liked this post then don’t forget to check how to fix discord keeps crashing randomly and how to fix unable to hear anyone on discord issues.
2 thoughts on “How to Appear Offline on Discord”
You’ve got the best sites. Really helped me in avoiding annoying people online.
Wow! Finally I got a weblog from where I be capable of actually obtain useful data regarding my study