Recently updated on December 15th, 2022 at 12:29 pm
Recently, I was trying to watch kong skull island on HBO Max. After launching and playing the movie the hbo max app crashed on my Samsung smart tv. I tried playing the movie again, but again the hbo max app crashed after playing 10-15 minutes.
I was very frustrated due to this issue, so I went online looking for a solution. I found that many HBO max owners facing this issue on their Samsung tv. After researching for about half an hour I was able to resolve the hbo max not working issue on my Samsung tv.
During my research, I found many other fixes for hbo max issue on Samsung tv. In this post, I’m going to share some steps that can help you when hbo max is not working on your Samsung smart tv.
Why Won’t HBO Max Work on My Samsung Smart TV?
Below, we’ve gathered some probable causes for your HBO max not working or a black screen issue on Samsung TV.
- Compatibility Issues: Some Samsung Tv models won’t support Disney plus, and that’s why you’re encountering an HBO max not working issue on your Samsung TV.
- Network connectivity issue: If your internet connection is unstable or has an outage, this can be the reason behind this issue. To fix this, call your ISP or troubleshoot your Internet.
- Outdated HBO Max: Not keeping your HBO Max app up-to-date can also lead to the “HBO Max not working” issue.
- Samsung’s Outdated Firmware: Using the Samsung Smart TV with outdated firmware can also lead to the “HBO max not working” issue. Installing the latest version of firmware might be helpful for you.
How Do I Fix HBO Max Not Working on My Samsung Smart TV?
Is HBO Down?
There are two methods for resetting your Samsung smart tv without losing your data and setting. The first one is cold boot and the second method is a hard reset. These two methods will fix the HBO max not working problem on most Samsung tv owners. But before trying these steps go to downdetector and check if hbo max is down. If hbo max is down then you need to wait for some time the issue will be resolved itself. If this is not the case then follow the steps below.
Cold boot Samsung smart tv
Press and hold the power button on your Samsung smart tv remote for 5-10 seconds. Now your tv will restart, now launch HBO max app and check if you’re able to stream or not.
Hard reset Samsung smart tv
Follow the steps below
- Unplug your smart tv and your router from the power socket.
- Now, wait for 5-10 minutes.
- First, plug in your router and turn it on completely.
- Now plug in your smart tv and turn it on.
- Connect your Samsung tv to wifi.
Now launch HBO max and check if you’re still facing issues on HBO max or not.
Tip: Check if your internet connection is working or not. You can open other apps like youtube for checking if the internet connection is working properly or not. Also check your internet speed at speedtest.net, minimum requirement for streaming content on hbo max is 5mbps.
Related: Fix hulu not working on samsung tv
Check Your Network Status
Check if your internet connection is working or not. Open other apps like youtube to check if the internet connection is working properly or not. Also, check your internet speed at speedtest.net, the minimum requirement for streaming content on HBO max is 5mbps.
Another thing you need to check is whether your Samsung Smart TV is connected to the Internet or not. To do so, follow the below steps;
- Press the Home button given on your Samsung Tv remote.
- Now, head to the Settings and then go to the General menu.
- After that, select Network, then Network Status. Now, you can check whether your Tv is connected to the Network or not.
Restart Your Router
If you’re not getting the required internet speed or getting a poor signal, try to perform a reboot on your router. Performing a reboot will refresh your router and clear the temporary bug and glitches, and maybe this will fix your “HBO max not working on Samsung Tv” issue.
To perform a reboot;
- Unplug your router from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- After that, plug the router back into the wall outlet and check if this fixes the issue.
If not, try unplugging the router and leaving it for 5minutes, then plug it back into the wall outlet and turn it on.
Related: Fix hbo max not working on samsung smart tv
Update HBO Max App on Samsung TV
Updating your HBO max to the latest version can help you in fixing HBO max not working on your Samsung tv. For your updating HBO max follow the steps below:
- Go to the home screen on your Samsung tv.
- Now select apps.
- Select setting (gear icon) from the top right side of the screen.
- Now select the updates tab.
- Locate HBO max and update it.
After updating HBO max check if it is working or not. Some users are unable to update HBO max because of an unsupported version error. This occurs because your Samsung tv memory is full and HBO max is unable to update. For fixing this issue follow the steps below.
How Do I Clear Cache on HBO Max?
Clear HBO Max app cache
If the issue persists, some instances where stored storage files get corrupted, causing HBO max not to work. To fix this, try clearing the cache of HBO max. To do so, follow the instruction given below;
- Press the Home button given on your remote, then head to the Settings.
- Now, select Apps.
- After that, navigate to the System apps and locate the HBO Max app.
- Lastly, go to Clear cache and press OK to confirm.
If you’re using a Samsung Android TV, go to Settings > Apps > Locate HBO Max > Clear Cache.
Sign All Devices Out
Some users claimed that they managed to fix this issue by signing out of their HBO max account from all devices. To sign out your HBO Max account from all devices,
- Log in to your HBO Max account (Desktop/Phone), and head to the Profile.
- Now, navigate to Settings, then go to Manage Devices.
- After that, click/tap on Sign All Devices Out.
After signing out of all devices, launch HBO Max on your Samsung Smart TV and re-login to your HBO max account.
Fix HBO Max Unsupported Version Samsung TV
- Go to apps again and select settings.
- Now delete all the unnecessary apps from your smart tv for freeing up space.
- Delete HBO max from your smart tv.
- Now search for HBO max and install it.
- Login to your account.
After following these steps you’ll be able to update HBO max app on your Samsung smart tv.
Tip: Make sure that your Samsung smart tv firmware is updated to the latest version. For updating smart tv firmware go to settings>support>software update>update now. After updating Samsung tv firmware reinstall HBO max and check if you’re able to use HBO max or not.
Related: Fix prime video not working on samsung tv
Reinstall HBO max
Reinstalling HBO max can help you in fixing HBO max not working on your Samsung smart tv. Doing this will remove any temporary glitch and fix HBO max issue on your Samsung tv. For reinstalling HBO max follow the steps below.
- Go to the home screen and select apps.
- Now select settings.
- Now select HBO max and select delete.
- Go to search and search for HBO max.
- Install the latest version of HBO max on your Samsung tv.
Now check if HBO max is working properly on your Samsung tv or not.
Tip: Try closing hbo max and restart your smart tv. Now launch hbo max and check if it is working or not.
Why is HBO Max not working?
HBO Max compatibility issue
Samsung’s Smart TVs Older than 2016 doesn’t support HBO Max; if you’ve one, you may need to buy a new Streaming device (Chromecast or fire tv) for streaming HBO Max.
You can also check the supported Samsung Smart TV list from the given link.
Reset Samsung Smart Hub Settings
Many users have reported that resetting Samsung smart hub fixed HBO max not working on their Samsung smart tv. You can also reset Samsung smart tv for fixing HBO max on your tv by following the steps below.
- Go to Settings on your Samsung smart tv.
- Now select support.
- Select self-diagnosis.
- Now select reset smart hub.
After resetting the smart hub launch HBO max and check if it is working properly or not.
Contact HBO Max
If hbo max is still not working on samsung smart tv then you need to contact hbo max team for help. Contact hbo max and explain them the problem you’re facing and they can help you in fixing the problem.
If you’ve any other suggestions then let us know from the comment section and also check how to fix sling tv not working.
2 thoughts on “HBO Max Not Working on Samsung TV”
I am really glad I found your article on the web after hours of searching. Your article is very informative and has a little touch of something special. Thank you for creating such an informative article and keep up the good work.
Awesome! Its truly amazing paragraph, I have got much clear idea regarding from this post.|