Netflix error code ui 800 3 is a common error faced by many users everyday. You can face this error code on your device, if you’ve not refreshed or cleared Netflix stored data. Error code UI-800-3 means that the data stored by Netflix on your device needs to be refreshed in order for Netflix to work properly. This can also means that the cached data of Netflix is corrupted. Only after clearing this cached data you’ll be able to play content through Netflix. Below we’ve explained how you can fix Netflix error code ui-800-3 on your device.
What Does ui-800-3 Mean on Netflix?
Error code UI-800-3 means that the data stored by Netflix on your device needs to refresh to work properly. This means that the stored data is corrupted on your devices. Sometimes you can also face this issue if you’re logged into too many devices with the same account. Also note there are three version of this error mentioned below.
Netflix Error UI-800-3 (205040) and Netflix Error UI-800-3 (100018) means that the cached data stored on your device needs to be refreshed.
But Netflix Error UI-800-3 (307006) this means that there is a hardware issue. In this scenario you need to contact your device manufacturer or Netflix team for help.
How Do I Fix Netflix Error Code ui-800-3?
Make sure your internet connection is working properly. You can try streaming Youtube or any other service to check if your internet is working properly or not. Make sure the streaming device and connection are established properly to avoid error code ui-800-3. Also, make sure you’re not using a proxy or any kind of VPN. If you’re using one kindly disable it this will fix the error code ui-800-3. If these are not working for you follow the other troubleshooting steps below.
Tips: Check for Netflix outage at downdetector. You can also get such errors if Netflix is down.
Power Cycle of Streaming Device and Router
Not many people know but a simple restart of your streaming device and your router can help you in fixing the Netflix error code ui-800-3. And if you’re facing Netflix not working on Xbox, Vizio Tv Netflix not working then, you can follow the steps below to perform a power cycle of your devices:
- Turn off your streaming device.
- Unplug the streaming device or smart TV, etc from the power source.
- Now unplug your router from the power source and wait for some time.
- Now plugin and start your streaming devices and router.
- Connect your streaming device to the internet connect
- Now check if the error code ui-800-3 is fixed on your device.
If you’re still facing the issue follow the steps below.
Tips: Try updating your device software to the latest version, this can fix the Netflix error code ui-800-3.
Sign Out Netflix From All Devices
Some devices don’t provide you with an option to logout of your Netflix account from all devices. You can follow the steps below to sign out for Netflix from all devices.
- Visit here, and if asked sign into your account.
- Visit the settings option and choose option sign out of all devices.
- Sign in again to the device and check if Netflix error code ui-800 is fixed on your device.
Clear Netflix app cache/data
Many devices automatically clear the cache and data after restart. On some devices you’ve to manually clear the cache by following the steps below. But,
Does clearing cache help Netflix? Yes, it helps. Clearing the cache fixes the loading and formatting issues of the application. Some affected users claimed that they were able to fix this code ui -800-3 by clearing the cache and data of their Netflix application.
Clear cache in amazon fire TV stick
- On your fire TV stick click on settings which are located on the top right corner.
- Scroll right side to select the application option.
- In the application section scroll down to choose to Manage installed Applications.
- Scroll down to select the Netflix application
- At the bottom of the application menu you will find a clear cache option.
- Click to clear the cache and data
Clear cache in Roku device
- Click on “Home from the main menu.
- Take Roku remote in your hand and press the following button.
- Press the Home button 5 times.
- Now press up
- Press Rewind 2 times
- Press Fast Forward 2 times
- You have to wait at least 30 seconds to clear the cache.
- Restart your device, cache will be cleared.
Related: Netflix error code ui3012
Improve Your Internet Connection
If you’re getting Netflix error code ui-800-3 due to a weak internet connection then you can follow the tips mentioned below:
- Try restarting your streaming device and router and check if the issue is fixed.
- If available the try connecting your streaming device directly to the modem with the help of an ethernet cable. This will improve the internet connection and fix the error code ui-800-3 on your device.
- Place your router near and above your streaming device and remove any obstacle between the router and device. Also, make sure that devices like your mobile phone are not placed near the router to avoid any interference in your internet connection.
- If you’re still facing a weak internet connection issue then try contacting the internet provider to fix the issue related to your internet.
Reinstall the Netflix App
If you’re still getting the Netflix error code ui-800-3, then try reinstalling the Netflix app on your device. Many users have reported that the error code ui-800-3 was fixed after a reinstallation of the Netflix application on their device. You can also try uninstalling the Netflix application from your device and try installing the latest version of the Netflix application on your device. After installation of the latest version of the Netflix app login to your account and check if the Netflix error code ui-800-3 is fixed on your device.
Related: Netflix error code ui3010
Reset Your Internet Connection to Default
If you’ve changed the DNS setting on your device then you can face the Netflix error code ui-800-3. To fix this issue you can simply reset the connection to its default by following the steps below.
- Right-click on the internet icon from the bottom right side of the screen.
- Now click on open network and internet setting.
- Scroll down and click on Change adapter options.
- Right-click on the connected wifi or connection name and click on properties.
- Now click on IPV 4 (internet protocol version 4) and click on properties.
- Now choose obtain DNS server automatically and click on ok
- Restart your pc and check if this fixes the Netflix error code ui-800-3.
- Go to settings
- Now go to network
- Now choose setup an internet connection.
- Select LAN or wifi depending on your connection type
- Here select custom and select your connection name.
- In the IP address select automatic
- In DHCP hostname select don’t specify
- Now in DNS settings choose automatic
- In the MTU choose automatic
- And the proxy select don’t use. And check the internet connection on your ps.
If you’re ps4 passes the test check if the error code ui800-3 Netflix fixed on your device
- Go to the setting with the help of an Xbox controller and select network.
- Go to network settings.
- Now go to advanced settings.
- In the DNS setting choose automatic and press b to save your network settings.
Now check if the Netflix error code ui-800-3 is fixed on your device.
Also check: Netflix not working on vizio smart tv
Reset Your Device to Factory Settings
If you’re still experiencing the error ui-800-3 on your device, you can try to reset your device settings to its factory settings. In most cases, resetting a device always works and fixes the issues. And, to reset the device you just have to follow the same steps as mentioned below;
How to Reset Your Samsung Smart TV
Resetting the tv will delete all the apps including Netflix and return all the settings to its default settings. To total reset your Samsung tv to its factory default settings, follow the steps that are mentioned below;
- First of all, navigate to the settings.
- After that, locate the Support option and then move towards the Self Diagnosis option.
- Now, go to Reset and press ok to perform the reset process.
Reset the Amazon Fire Tv Stick
Before resetting the Amazon fire stick to its default settings you must know that all of your downloaded content including in-app purchases will get removed. Perform the reset by following the steps that are given below;
- Grab your fire tv controller, press and hold the back/return button and the right directional button for at least 10 seconds.
- After that, A pop-up message will appear. Select reset.
- Now, wait untill the reset process is completed.
Once your fire tv resets to its default settings. Log into account and open Netflix to check whether the error ui-800-3 persists or not.
Follow the steps to perform a factory reset on your Roku device;
- Grab your Roku remote and press the Home button.
- After that, scroll up or down and go to settings.
- Now, select System and,
- Navigate to the Advanced System settings and,
- Select the Factory reset option and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also check: What to do when netflix not working on lg tv
Contact Netflix Team
If you’re still standing at the same place and not a single step worked for you, you should try to contact and ask Netflix or your device customer support to fix this issue. Or you can visit their help center.
First of all, to update the Netflix on your LG smart tv go to your Home Screen. Then, Navigate to LG content store > My apps > Netflix (Press Ok to enter) > Update.
Well, if your Netflix displays an error code ui 800-3 then, you can follow the above-mentioned steps. And, if Netflix fails to load every time whenever you’re trying to open it, then check the status of Netflix help from an outage detector website or application.
Also check our post on how you can fix netflix error code ui 800 2.