YouTube tv is preferred among many users in the world. It is a favorite among many people due to its live tv catalog. Recently, many users reported that they are unable to get past the loading screen of the YouTube tv app. Their YouTube tv app is not loading, users are getting stuck on the loading screen, and YouTube tv keeps spinning.
You can face this problem due to one of the reasons we’ve mentioned below.
Why YouTube TV is Stuck on The Loading Screen?
- Internet connection: Every streaming platform requires a minimum internet connection speed for functioning properly.
- Cache data: Corrupted cached data can stop the YouTube tv app from functioning properly.
- Glitch: YouTube tv can stop working due to a bug.
- Outdated application: Outdated YouTube tv app or tv or device firmware can create issues.
- Low memory of TV: If your tv or device memory is full then the YouTube tv app can become slow laggy or start crashing.
- When YouTube is down: During an outage, you won’t be able to load or stream content on the YouTube tv app.
How to Fix YouTube TV Stuck on Loading Screen
If your YouTube tv app is not loading or is stuck on the loading screen then you’ve to first check for a YouTube tv outage. Then you need to try to power cycle the tv, check your internet connection, try reinstalling the YouTube tv app, and update YouTube tv app and device firmware. Below we’ve explained how to perform all these troubleshooting steps in a detailed manner.
Check for YouTube Outage
Sometimes YouTube servers are down or not working properly. At this time you can face problems while watching, streaming, or loading content on the YouTube tv app. Your YouTube tv app can stuck on the loading screen, and shows or live tv can stuck on the spinning circle. To check for a YouTube tv outage you can visit the down detector, here you can check if there’s a YouTube tv outage or not. If YouTube tv is down, then you won’t be able to use the app. You need to wait for some time, once the issue is resolved you can stream content on the YouTube tv app.
Power Cycle/Restart Your TV
Restart your smart tv or smartphone can help in fixing this problem. This will clear the ram and memory on your device, which can help in fixing the problem. So first restart your smart tv or smartphone. Now check if the problem you were facing is resolved or not. If not then power cycle your tv by following the steps below.
- Close the YouTube tv app.
- Now turn off your smart tv.
- Press the physical button on your smart tv.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now turn on your smart tv.
Check if the YouTube tv is still facing a loading issue. If yes then you can fix the internet connection issue for resolving the problem.
Check Your Internet Connection
If your internet is slow then you can face issues while loading or playing any show, movie, or live tv. To fix this issue, you need to make sure that your internet is working properly. To check and fix your internet connection follow the steps below.
- Check that your internet is working or not. Try playing videos on other apps like Hulu, if the internet is not working then you can face issues while using YouTube tv.
- Visit downdetector, now check the speed of your internet connection. Now if your internet is slow then you won’t be able to stream YouTube tv. YouTube tv requires a minimum of 3 Mbps for streaming content.
- If your internet is slow, then move your router closer to the streaming device. Now if your internet is still slow then connect your device to the router with the help of an ethernet cable. Now check if YouTube tv is loading or not.
- Turn off your router, now unplug your router from the power socket. Wait for 10-15 minutes, now plug in your router and check if the internet connectivity or speed issue is fixed. If fixed then your YouTube tv app will function properly.
- If your internet is not working, then contact your internet service provider for help.
Restart the YouTube TV app
The YouTube tv team suggests restarting the app. If your YouTube tv is stuck on the loading screen, the spinning circle then restarting the app can help you in fixing this issue.
Mobile Device- Close the app, reopen the app and check if the YouTube tv app is loading properly or not.
TV: Press the back button on your TV remote to exit the YouTube tv app. Now open YouTube tv and check if the app is loading or not.
Clear app cache and data
Clearing the YouTube tv app cache can help you in resolving this problem. To clear the YouTube tv app cache follow the steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Now go to the application.
- Locate and select the YouTube tv app.
- Now clear its cache and the data.
Now launch the YouTube tv app and log in to your account. Check if the YouTube tv app is functioning properly or not.
Check whether your location access is enabled or not
YouTube tv requires your current location to function properly. If the location is disabled on your device then you can get stuck on the loading screen. To fix this problem you need to enable the location settings on your device by following the steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Locate the location settings.
- Now enable it.
After enabling location settings, you’ll be able to stream YouTube tv on your device.
Reinstall YouTube TV App
Some YouTube tv users have stated that they were able to fix the YouTube tv loading issue by reinstalling the app. For reinstalling the YouTube tv app on your device follow the steps below.
- Open your device settings.
- Now open the applications option.
- Locate the YouTube tv app.
- Now uninstall the YouTube tv app from your device.
- Now install the latest version of the YouTube tv app.
Launch the YouTube tv app and log in to your device. Now you’ll be able to stream content through YouTube tv on your device without any issue.
YouTube stuck on the loading screen on the shield
If you are facing a loading issue on your Nvidia shield device, then you can follow the steps below for troubleshooting it.
- Uninstall the YouTube tv app.
- Reinstall it.
- On your mobile device open the YouTube tv app.
- Now cast the YouTube tv to your tv.
- Now this will launch YouTube tv on your Nvidia shield.
- Force login to your account.
- Close the app on your mobile.
- Launch the YouTube tv app on your Nvidia shield.
These steps will eliminate the YouTube tv loading issue on your Nvidia shield device.
Factory reset your Device
If the steps mentioned above didn’t help you then you can try a factory reset of your device. This can help you in fixing the YouTube tv loading issue. To factory reset your device follow the steps below.
- Go to settings and select support.
- Select device care.
- Now open self-diagnosis.
- Select reset smart hub.
If this doesn’t work then
- Go to settings.
- Now select the general option.
- Now open the reset option.
On your firestick remote press the back and right directional button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds. This will reset your firestick to factory settings.
- Open Roku settings and select the system.
- Go to advanced system settings.
- Now select factory reset.
- Factory reset everything.
Contact YouTube TV
If you’re still facing issues while streaming YouTube tv on your device, then contact the YouTube tv team. You can also contact your device manufacturer and ISP for help.
More helpful guides:
Youtube tv not working on samung tv fixed