Recently updated on December 16th, 2022 at 02:18 am
Many people made a switch to YouTube TV from other streaming platforms. YouTube TV provides a nice line of collection with 65 live channels and movies and shows on demand. But like any other streaming platform, YouTube TV has its flaws.
Recently, many Samsung TV owners have reported that YouTube TV is crashing, buffering, not loading, or showing a black screen on their Samsung smart TV.
If you’re facing such issues with the YouTube TV app on your Samsung TV, then this post can help you in fixing YouTube TV not working on Samsung smart TV.
Why is my YouTube TV not working on my Samsung Smart TV?
Below are some reasons that can cause issues while streaming YouTube TV on your Samsung smart TV.
- YouTube outage: If YouTube is down, then you can face issues in streaming YouTube TV on your Samsung smart TV.
- Temporary glitch: A temporary glitch can cause a such streaming issue on YouTube TV on your smart TV.
- Outdated app: Outdated app or outdated system firmware can cause problems in streaming YouTube TV content on Samsung smart TV.
- Connectivity issue: Slow internet connection can cause problems in using the YouTube TV app on your Samsung TV.
- Incompatibility: Incompatible TVs can also cause issues in using the YouTube TV app.
How Do I Fix Youtube TV Crashing, Freezing, Buffering on Samsung TV?
To fix this issue, quit the YouTube TV app and relaunch it after 60 seconds, check for an outage, check the compatibility, power cycle your Samsung TV and network devices, clear the cache and reinstall the YouTube TV app, and check for YouTube TV app update, or reset Samsung Smart Hub. Read the detailed guide below for troubleshooting youtube tv not working on Samsung smart tv.
Check For Youtube Tv Outage
You can come across issues when YouTube TV is down. To check for a YouTube TV outage, you can visit downdetector. Here you’ll get the live status of the YouTube TV outage.
If YouTube TV is down, then you need to wait for YouTube TV to fix the issue. Only after that you’ll be able to stream content on YouTube TV.
To confirm the YouTube TV outage, you can contact YouTube TV directly or visit their Twitter page. There you can find tweets related to the YouTube TV outage.
Is Your Samsung TV Compatible With Youtube TV App?
If you’re unable to get YouTube TV on your Samsung smart TV, then check if your Samsung TV is compatible with YouTube TV or not.
According to the YouTube TV help page, YouTube TV is only supported on Samsung TV 2016+ models. So if you’re using an older Samsung TV, then you will not be able to get YouTube TV on your Samsung TV.
To fix this issue, you can try using a streaming stick like Roku or fire stick. This can help you in streaming YouTube TV on Samsung TVs released before 2016.
Tip: Make sure you have a minimum of 3mbps+ download speed for streaming at least sd content on the YouTube TV app. To check your internet speed, you can visit speedtest.net. If your internet is weak, then try connecting your smart TV directly to the router using an ethernet cable. You can also try moving your router closer to your Samsung TV to improve Wi-Fi speed. If the download speed is still slow, then contact your internet service provider for help.
Power Cycle Your Samsung TV
First, cold boot your smart TV. To restart your Samsung smart TV, press and hold the power button on your remote. Release the power button on your remote once your Samsung TV is restarted. Try streaming YouTube TV and check if the issue is fixed or not.
If not, then try power cycling your smart TV by following the steps below.
- Unplug your Samsung smart TV from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the physical power button on your smart TV for 15-20 seconds.
- Now, wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Plugin your smart TV and turn it on.
Now launch YouTube TV and check if you’re still facing issues while streaming content on YouTube TV or not.
Power Cycle Your Network Device
If power cycling your Samsung TV didn’t help, then try rebooting your network device. To power cycle your wifi and router, follow the steps below:
- Unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Now, wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Plugin your router into the power and turn it on.
- Connect your Samsung TV with the Wi-Fi.
Launch YouTube TV and check if you’re still facing issues while streaming on YouTube TV or not.
Reinstall Youtube TV on Samsung TV
If the YouTube TV app is crashing, freezing, or if you’re getting a black screen. Then reinstalling the YouTube TV app on Samsung TV can help. For reinstalling the YouTube TV app on your Samsung TV, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Home screen and select Apps.
- Now select the Settings icon from the top right side of your screen.
- Select the YouTube TV app from the list.
- Select the Delete option to uninstall the YouTube TV app.
- Restart your Samsung TV by holding down the power button.
- Now go to Apps.
- Look for the YouTube TV app and install it on your YouTube.
- If YouTube TV is the default app on your Samsung TV, then you need to select reinstall instead of delete for reinstalling the YouTube TV app on your Samsung TV.
Now after reinstalling the app, launch YouTube TV and try streaming. Check if the issue is fixed or not on your Samsung TV.
Tip: Exit from the YouTube TV app on your Samsung TV and try opening the app again. This reopening YouTube TV app can help in fixing streaming issues on your smart TV.
Clear Youtube TV Cache on Samsung TV
Deleting the cache of the YouTube TV app on your Samsung TV can speed up your TV. This can also troubleshoot glitches and corrupted data, preventing YouTube TV apps from working properly.
Samsung tv 2020 model or newer
- On your Samsung TV remote, press the Home button.
- Now select the Support option.
- Select Device Care.
- Now select Manage Storage.
- Locate YouTube TV from the app list.
- Now select View Details.
- Clear the cache of the YouTube TV app from here.
On Samsung tv released before 2020
- Open Apps, then select the My Apps Option.
- Now select Option.
- Select Delete My Apps.
- Locate the YouTube TV app and select it.
- Now delete the YouTube TV app.
- Search and install the YouTube TV app.
Now after clearing the cache of the YouTube TV app, check if the issue you were facing is resolved or not.
Update Youtube TV on Samsung TV
Outdated YouTube TV apps can stop working properly. It can create a mess if you’ve not updated YouTube TV for a long time. To update your YouTube TV apps, follow the steps below;
- Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Now select Apps.
- Go to Settings.
- Now enable the auto-update option.
On older Samsung tv
- On your remote, press the Smart Hub key.
- Now select the featured Option.
- Select the YouTube TV app and press enter.
- Choose Update Apps.
- Now select All, then update.
Update Your Samsung Smart TV Firmware
An outdated Samsung TV firmware can cause issues in streaming the YouTube TV app. If you’ve not updated your Samsung smart TV firmware, then first try updating the TV firmware by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Now go to the Support option.
- Select the Software Update option.
- Select the Update Now Option.
Once your Samsung TV is updated to its latest version, check if the issues are resolved or not with the YouTube TV app. If the issue persists, then you can try resetting your Samsung smart TV hub.
Reset Smart Hub
If you’re still unable to stream YouTube TV content on your smart TV, then resetting your TV smart hub can help you. Note that after resetting, all the custom settings will be lost. To reset the smart hub on your Samsung TV, follows the steps below:
- On your Samsung TV, go to Settings.
- Now select the Support option.
- Select the Self-diagnosis option.
- After that, select Reset Smart Hub.
- Now enter your pin to reset the smart hub. The default pin for Samsung smart TV is 0000.
After resetting the smart hub on your Samsung TV, launch the YouTube TV app and log in to your account. Now you’ll be able to stream YouTube TV without any issues.
Contact Youtube TV or Samsung
If this post helps you, try spreading the knowledge by sharing it on your social account. Also, check our post on how to fix Hulu not working on smart TV.