Recently youtube tv is becoming very popular among users. People are switching from another online streaming service to youtube tv to watch their favorite shows, movies, and tv channels. But some firestick users have reported that the youtube tv app is crashing, showing connectivity issues like “can’t connect” and playback errors. Below we’ve mentioned some fixes that help you in resolving this problem.
Why is Youtube TV Not Loading on My Firestick?
You can face issues while using youtube tv on firestick due to the following reasons we’ve mentioned below.
- Youtube tv outage: One of the main causes is youtube tv outage.
- Malfunction or bug in firestick: Sometimes a temporary bug or malfunction can cause issues whiles using the youtube tv app.
- Connectivity issue: Slow or faulty internet connection can cause issues while using youtube tv.
- Cache and data: sometimes corrupted or old cache can also cause issues while using an app on firestick.
How Do I Fix Youtube TV Not Working on Firestick?
Restart Your Firestick
Sometimes a simple restart of your firestick can help you in fixing youtube tv crashing, freezing, or buffering issues on your device. This will fix the temporary malfunction or bug causing the problem. After that, you’ll be able to stream youtube tv on your firestick without any issues. To restart your firestick follow the steps below.
- Pick up your firestick remote.
- Press and hold the select and play/pause button.
- After sometimes your firestick will restart.
Now launch youtube tv and check if the issue is resolved or not, if not then follow the steps below.
Hard Reset Firestick
If youtube tv is still not working on your firestick then try the power cycle of your firestick and your wifi router. Doing this will refresh your firestick and your router. After that, you’ll be able to use youtube tv on your firestick.
- Unplug firestick from tv and power socket.
- Unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in your router and turn it on.
- Turn on the firestick.
Now open the youtube tv app on firestick and check if the issues are resolved or not on your device.
Tips: If you’re unable to use youtube tv after following the above steps then visit downdetector. Here you’ll be able to track youtube tv outages. If youtube tv is down then wait for some time, once google fixes the issues then you’ll be able to use youtube tv on your firestick.
Related: Fix apps stuck on queued firestick
Reinstall Youtube TV on Firestick
Reinstalling the youtube tv app can help you in fixing youtube tv not working on firestick. Doing this will update and remove all the unnecessary and corrupted youtube tv cache from your firestick. To reinstall the youtube tv app on firestick follow the steps below.
- Open settings and select applications.
- Now open manage installed applications.
- Select youtube tv and choose to uninstall.
- Go to the home screen and select apps.
- Now locate and install the youtube tv app. You can also use the search (magnifying glass) to search and install the youtube tv app on firestick.
Tips: Youtube tv can buffer and stop playing videos due to slow internet connection. You can try using an ethernet connection for better speed and connection. You can also try moving the router closer to firestick for improving the internet connection. If this doesn’t help then try restarting your router. If the internet is still not working then contact your isp for help. You can also check our post on what to do when the firestick is disconnecting to wifi again and again.
Force Stop Youtube TV on Firestick
Some users have reported that they were able to fix the youtube tv app on firestick by force stopping the app from the settings. Force stopping the app will clear any malfunctioning background process causing the issue. On relaunch of youtube tv, you’ll not face any issues.
- Go to Settings on your firestick.
- Now select application then select manage installed application.
- Select the youtube tv app.
- Now select force stop.
Launch the youtube tv app and check if the issues are fixed or not.
Clear Youtube tv Cache and Data on Firestick
Clearing app cache on firestick can help you in fixing the youtube tv issue. You can clear the youtube tv app cache and data by following the steps below.
- Open your firestick settings.
- Now select the application option.
- Choose manage installed application and select youtube tv.
- Now clear cache and data of the youtube tv app.
- Reboot your firestick.
- Now launch youtube tv and log in to your account.
Now check if you’re able to stream content on the youtube tv app or not. If the problem exists then reset your firestick to the factory settings.
Also Check: Fix hbo max not working on firestick
Reset Your Firestick to Factory Settings
If for some reason youtube tv app is still not working on firestick, then try resetting your firestick. This will revert your firestick to factory default settings. After that, you’ll be able to use the youtube tv app on your firestick without any issues. To reset your firestick, follow the steps below:
- Again open your firestick settings.
- Choose my fire tv.
- Scroll down and choose reset to factory defaults.
- Now, set up your firestick and install the youtube tv app.
- Login to the youtube tv app.
Now you’ll be able to use the youtube tv app without any issues. If you’re still facing an issue with the youtube tv app on firestick, then get in touch with the amazon firestick team for help. Also check our post on how to fix youtube tv app not working on samsung smart tv.