Most of the time YouTube tv works fine on my devices. I’ve been using YouTube tv on my mobile, tv and other devices. But last week it started crashing on my smart tv. I tried some basic steps but that didn’t helped me.
I went to YouTube tv community page and contacted YouTube tv. They helped me in fixing YouTube tv crashing issue on my device. After completing my research I was able to fix this problem in couple of minutes.
In this post I’ve shared some fixes that I found online while researching about YouTube tv crashing issue.
How to fix YouTube tv crashing?
YouTube TV crashing issues can be resolved by power cycling your device, reinstalling YouTube TV, clearing cache, data, fixing the internet connection, updating your device, and more. Below is a step-by-step guide for fixing YouTube TV crashing issues.
Restart Your Device
You can fix youtube tv app crashing, closing issue by restarting your streaming device. You can follow the steps below to restart your device.
- Press the power button on your device.
- Now select restart/reboot option.
- Let the device turn on.
After restarting the device launch youtube tv and check if the app is still crashing. If yes then power cycle your device (Smart tv).
- Turn off your device using the remote.
- Now unplug it from the wall.
- Press and hold the physical power button for 10-15 seconds.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Now turn on your device.
Power cycle will free up the memory on your device. So if the youtube tv was crashing due to low memory it will be fixed on your smart tv. Try playing a program on youtube tv now the app shouldn’t crash.
Pro tips: Check the status of youtube tv in your area at downdetecor. If you notice any spike in the chart, then this indicates youtube tv outage. During outage you can face crashing issue with youtube tv. Wait for some time once the issue is resolved by youtube tv team, you’ll be able to use youtube tv app again on your device.
Relaunch The Youtube TV
IF the youtube tv is constantly crashing after 10-15 minutes of streaming, then you can easily fix this problem in few steps. Close the youtube tv app on your mobile device or smart tv. Now close any other apps running in the background. Launch the youtube tv and play a video, now check if the issue is resolved or not.
Update Youtube TV and Your Device Firmware
You can face youtube tv closing, crashing, stopping issue due to outdated application or device firmware. So if you’ve not updated the youtube tv app on your device, first check for its update. If there’s an update available, then download and install the latest version of youtube tv app. Now check if the issue is resolved.
If the youtube tv app is still crashing, then check for youtube device firmware update. Go to your device settings, now check if there is any update available for your device. If available then update your device to latest version. Now launch and check if the youtube tv is working properly.
Reinstall Youtube TV
You can fix the youtube tv crashing issue by uninstalling and installing the youtube tv app on your device. Doing this update the youtube tv app and clear the cache of the youtube tv. To reinstall youtube tv follow the steps below.
- Uninstall the youtube tv from your device.
- Restart your device.
- Install the latest version of youtube tv.
Now launch youtube tv and check if the youtube tv app is functioning properly.
Check Your Internet Connection
You can youtube tv stopping, closing issue due to bad or not working internet connection. To fix your internet issue you can follow some tips below.
- Make sure that your device is connected to the wifi.
- Youtube tv requires at least 3mbps for standard playback.
- Check your internet speed at – speedtest.net.
- If your internet is slow, then try moving your router closer to the streaming device.
- If applicable then connect your tv to wifi with the help of ethernet for fixing your internet connection.
- Try using your mobile internet through hotspot for streaming youtube tv. If the yttv app is not crashing then this indicates the issue with your previous internet connection.
Power Cycle Your Router
If the internet is still not working or slow then try power cycle your wifi by following the steps below.
- Unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now plug in your router.
Now launch the youtube tv on your device and check if the crashing problem is resolved. If the internet is still not working or slow, then contact your internet service provider for help.
Fix Youtube TV Crashing on LG Smart TV
During our research we found that many lg tv owners have been facing youtube tv crashing issue. You can follow the steps above first for fixing this issue. If the issue is still there then try these two methods for fixing this issue.
- Disable quickstart: Go to settings and select all settings. Now select general, then quick start and turn it off. Now power cycle your tv by following the steps above.
- Press the home button on lg tv and select the recent option from right side. Now select “delete all of the recent apps” doing this will clear the memory on your tv. This feature is not available on all lg tvs.
Contact Youtube TV
If the youtube tv app is still crashing, then try contacting the youtube tv team. You can explain your problem, they can help you in fixing this problem.
More Helpful Posts: