Most people like to watch youtube videos on full-screen mode. Everyone loves to watch their favorite videos without black bars above and below in landscape mode. But behind your happiness, there is always a bad thing to follow you to ruin your experience. I am talking about the youtube glitches that stop you from watching youtube videos in full-screen mode. This is a new glitch many people have reported. In this post, we’re going to explain how you’re gonna fix the youtube full-screen not working with these quick troubleshooting steps.
Close background apps and programs to Fix Youtube full-screen not working
It is very necessary to close the background apps program before playing videos in full-screen mode. Because when you open too many apps and other PC programs and forget to close, then it creates difficulty to play videos in full screen on youtube. Just click on the taskbar and close all the apps and program which is running in the background. Also, try closing all the other opened tabs on your browser before playing youtube videos. Try this fix to see if this fixes youtube full-screen mode not working.
Tip: Try refreshing the page and then play youtube video in full-screen mode.
Reset chrome browser theme
Most people use the theme in chrome to give an attractive look but it is also one of the reasons behind youtube fullscreen error. follow the steps to reset the theme on your chrome browser.
- Open google chrome and click on three dots on the top right corner
- Choose settings from the drop-down list
- Scroll down to find the appearance section and click on Reset to default net to theme option.
You will get this option only if you have applied the theme otherwise you will not get this option. Now after resetting your chrome try checking if the youtube fullscreen not working is resolved.
Tip: Try restarting your browser to see if this can fix the full screen issue on youtube. Because some times webpages are not loaded properly so a restart of the browser can fix this issue.
Check content settings in chrome
You can fix youtube fullscreen mode not working from the content settings by following the steps below:
1. Type and search “chrome://settings/content” from the chrome URL box to open content settings.
2. Scroll down and click on additional content settings.
3. Now click on the “protected content” option.
4. Make sure “Allow sites to play protected content (recommended)” and “Allow identifiers for the protected content (computer restart may be required)” are turned on.
If you have an older version of the chrome browser, try updating it to the latest version. Some older versions of chrome face this issue due to the conflict between the two flash players installed on theirs. You can fix the youtube fullscreen issue by disabling one of the flash players. To do this follow the steps below.
1. Type and search “chrome://plugins” from the URL box. If you’ve two flash players on your browser then search for the plugin with “pepflashplayer.dll” in the details and disable it.
2. Restart your computer or Laptop.
Now check if you’re able to play youtube videos in fullscreen mode.
Tip: Sometimes a simple restart of your computer can fix a glitch in the program or device. Try restarting your computer to see if this resolves the issue.
Turning off hardware acceleration
As we know enabling Chrome hardware acceleration in chrome helps in reducing the load from CPU and RAM. Some people enable this option to reduce chrome high RAM usage. This can make your desktop use less ram but it can break some websites while rendering. You can try disabling chrome hardware acceleration to fix youtube fullscreen mode not working.
- Open google chrome in your pc and click on three-dot at the top right corner
- Scroll down to click on settings.
- From the bottom click on the advanced option.
- Go to the system setting section and turn off “use hardware acceleration when available”.
Related: Youtube search filters not working
Disable extensions to fix Youtube full screen not working
Extensions can also be one of the culprits behind youtube fullscreen mode not working. Disable the extension one by one to find out which extension is preventing to play videos.
- Click on three dots at the top right of the corner.
- Now scroll down to click on more tools options and select extensions.
- Here you will find all the extensions
- Now disable extension one by one and try playing youtube videos in fullscreen mode.
When you find the faulty extension remove it from your chrome browser to fix fullscreen mode not working on youtube.
If you are still facing this issue you can try reinstalling chrome browser to fix youtube full screen not working issue.
- Click on the start menu and type control panel.
- Select the control panel from the result and click to open.
- Click on the program and then program and features
- Here you will get the list of all the apps that are installed in your system, choose the google chrome, and right-click to uninstall
- Cext click on Microsoft store and type chrome and install it again. Now play any videos and click on full screen to enjoy the videos. You can also visit https://www.google.com/chrome/ to download the latest version of your chrome for your device.
Incognito Mode or Guest user mode
Try playing youtube videos in fullscreen mode in the incognito mode of your browser. If you’re able to play youtube videos in fullscreen mode in incognito mode then try removing browsers extensions one by one to see if the issue is resolved. You can also use the guest mode to see if the issue is associated with your Google account. To open the guest chrome window follow the steps below:
- Click on the profile icon from the top right side of the screen.
- Now from the list click on the guest to open a guest user window.
- Now try playing youtube videos in full screen in this window.
If you’re able to play video in full-screen mode, then you can remove your google account from chrome to fix Youtube full-screen mode not working.
Clear browser cookies and cached data
Sometimes you can face this issue due to the issue with cookies and cached data of your browser. To clear cache and cookies follow the steps below
- Open Chrome browser and type “chrome://settings/clearBrowserData” in the URL box and press enter.
- Make sure you’ve selected all-time in the time range and then click the clear data option to delete all cache and cookies of your chrome browser.
- Now try playing youtube videos in full screen to see if this fixed your issue.
If you’re a firefox user then check our post on how to clear cache and cookies on firefox to fix youtube full screen not working on firefox.
Tip: If none of the above steps worked for your browser. Try playing youtube videos in fullscreen mode on any other browser.
How to Fix Youtube Full Screen not Working in Youtube App
Force stop the YouTube application.
- Open the setting in your mobile and tap on app
- Now tap on manage apps and scroll and tap on youtube applications.
- Now tap on force stop and ok
- Go back to youtube application and play the video and try to go full screen
Tips: Try clearing youtube app cache and data to fix youtube full screen not working on youtube app.
Update YouTube application
Users often forget to update the application and this is another reason for errors while playing youtube video in full screen.
- Locate and open play store app.
- Now tap on three horizontal lines and then tap on my apps and games.
- Search for youtube in the list and tap on update option if an update is available.
- Now try playing youtube video in full screen on youtube mobile app.
Tip: You can uninstall youtube updates this will restore youtube app to factory version and this will fix the youtube full screen not working. To uninstall youtube update long press the app icon and tap on app info. Now tap on the three dots from the top right side of screen and tap on uninstall updates.