Window updates bring a lot of features, optimization, and other security to the software. But while installing these updates one can face the windows feature update error code 0x80070002. You can also face this issue while updating windows 7 to windows 10. This issue can occur due to corrupted files and corrupted systems files on your pc. The error code 0x8007002 can also occur due to an incorrect date and time on your PC. As this is a known issue of windows update you can easily fix this issue on your PC. In this post, we’re going to explain how you can fix windows feature update error 0x8007002 on your PC.
How to fix Windows feature update error 0x80070002
Correct your date and time
Not many users notice this but if your date and time are incorrect then you can face error 0x80070002 while installing windows update on your pc. Fortunately to solution in the scenario is really easy, you just have to adjust your date and time to fix this feature update error. You can follow the steps below to set up your date and time on windows.
- Go to the windows setting by pressing the Windows + I button on your keyboard.
- Now select the time and language option.
- Make sure set time automatically is toggled on. If you’re getting incorrect date and time after enabling set time automatically then disable it and click on the change button below set date and time manually.
- Now set the correct date and time and also time zone on your pc.
- Now restart your pc.
Try installing the pending windows feature update. If you’re still getting the error 0x80070002 on your pc then follow the other troubleshooting steps below.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
You can use the inbuilt windows update troubleshooter on your pc to fix the error 0x80070002 on your pc. Windows update troubleshooter will find the errors and provide you with a solution to fix any known windows update error on your pc. To run the windows update troubleshooter follow the steps mentioned below.
- Again open windows settings by pressing the Windows + I key on your keyboard.
- Click on the update and security option
- Now click on the troubleshoot option from the left side of the screen.
- Here click on additional troubleshooters.
- Now click on windows update and select Run the troubleshooter.
- Now windows will automatically detect any known windows update error on your pc and provide you a solution to fix it. Apply the solution and the issue will be fixed on your pc.
After troubleshooting the windows update error you’ll fix the error 0x80070002 on your pc. If you’re still getting this issue on your pc then follow the below steps.
Also check: Fix Nvidia geforce experience error code 0x0003
Restart windows update services
If the windows update services are not working properly on your pc then you can face the error 0x80070002 on your pc. Restarting the windows update service can fix the windows update error on your pc. To restart the windows update service you can follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard and search service and open it.
- Scroll down to the bottom and right click on windows update.
- If it is not running then click on start.
- If it is running then right-click on windows update and go to all tasks and select restart.
- Restart your pc.
After restarting windows update services error 0x80070002 will be fixed on your pc. If the issue persists then follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix it.
Tip: Try disabling or uninstalling any third party antivirus software to fix error 0x80070002
Also check: Fix video scheduler internal error
Reset SoftwareDistribution folder to fix error 0x80070002
You can face this feature update error 0x80070002 due to a corrupted SoftwareDistribution folder on your pc. To fix this issue you need to reset the SoftwareDistribution folder on your pc by following the steps below.
- Press Windows key and type and search cmd
- Now right-click on the command prompt and select run and administrator.
- Now you need to stop the windows update service by typing the following command in the cmd prompt.
net stop wuauserv after typing this command hit enter.
- Now we need to rename softwaredistribution folder by entering the following command in the command prompt.
cd.. hit enter
ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old and hit enter
- After renaming SoftwareDistribution folder restart windows update services by typing the following command.
net start wuauserv and hit enter
After resetting SoftwareDistributionfolder you can easily install windows update on your pc without facing error 0x80070002 on your pc.
Also check: How to fix thread stuck in device driver
Run SFC Scan to Fix Files on Your PC
If you’re still getting the windows to feature update error on your pc, then you can try running the sfc scan on your pc. SFC scan will find and corrupted or missing files on your pc and repair them. When the corrupted files are repaired you’ll not face error 0x80070002 on your pc. To run the sfc scan follow the steps below.
- From the bottom left side of the screen search for cmd and open it as administrator.
- Now in the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.
- Now windows will scan for any corrupted files on your pc and fix them. It’ll take some time and don’t close or pause this process.
- When the process complete restart your computer and check if you’re able to install windows update without facing error 0x80070002 on your PC.
If the sfc scan doesn’t help you then try the other troubleshooting steps below.
Run DISM Command
If you’re still getting the error on your pc then you can try running the dism command on your pc. The dism command will search for any system corrupted files on your pc and will replace those corrupted files with new files. This will fix the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80070002.
- Press Windows key and search cmd and right-click on command prompt and run it as administrator.
- Now type the following command and hit enter – DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Wait for the scan to complete, windows will automatically fix the corrupted files on your computer and improve the health of windows on your pc.
Also check: Fix audio renderer error
Edit Registry to fix error 0x80070002
If you faced this issue while upgrading windows to windows 10 then you can edit the Windows registry to fix it. To edit the Windows registry follow the steps below.
- Press Windows + r button on your keyboard to open the run dialogue box.
- Now type Regedit and hit enter.
- Now copy and paste the following in the path section of the Registry Editor – Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade
- If OSUpgrade is not there then right-click on the windows update folder and go to new and click on the key.
- Now right click on the new key#1 and rename it to OSUpgrade
- Click on OSUpgrade folder and right-click on the empty space on the right side.
- Now click on New and select DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Rename the New Value #1 to AllowOSUpgrade.
- Now right click on the AllowOSUpgrade and click on modify.
- In the value, data enter 1 and click on ok.
- Now restart your computer.
After making this changing you should not face the windows update error code 0x80070002 on your pc.
Change Network Settings
If your network is not configured properly then you can face such errors while installing windows updates on your pc. You can follow the tips below to fix this error on your pc.
- Press Windows key and type control panel and open it
- Now click on network and internet.
- Now click on internet options.
- Click on the connections tab and click on LAN settings.
- Now make sure all the boxes are unchecked here. If any box is checked then uncheck it and click on ok.
- Now check if the error 0x80070002 is fixed on your pc.
Make sure you’re not using any VPN on your computer. If you’re using VPN then uninstall or disable it on your pc and check if this fixes the windows update error on your pc.
If you’ve suggestions do let us know from the comment box and also check how to Fix Windows Update Error (0x8024a105)